Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AB

Jul 19, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

V

Sep 05, 2019

Good to learn about Web Development.\n\nIt helped me a lot for learning and developing a site.\n\nI like this course and I'll prefer those to choose this course who want to become a web developer.

51 - 75 of 142 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Achintya V

Oct 08, 2017

very helpful course !

By soundharya

Dec 23, 2016

Good course for beginners.

By Rodolfo I H L

Dec 19, 2017

¡Excelente curso!

By Anzal K

Mar 05, 2018

worth the time

By Manuel A

Mar 25, 2017

Buen curso en que te explica lo que es la web , su alojamiento y su uso

By Fernando S

May 02, 2017

Great content, great professor!

By Ulrich W

Oct 17, 2016

A bit too much JavaScript, but even that part was well done! I hope there will be another course with server-side scripting as well, at least for beginners :-)

By babsy

Jul 27, 2017

It was really useful.

By Amrit K

Mar 23, 2017

great course!

By Muthupriya S

Mar 21, 2017

Good materials to start with web development

By Alok B

Oct 15, 2017

This is really best course ever . I just wanna recommend everyone who has an interest in web development just go for it guys . You will really gonna learn a lot.

By shashank s s

Jan 31, 2018

good course to learn basics of web development . If you are just beginner then don't worry it doesn't require great coding skills.

By Juan M

Apr 30, 2018

Great course, it is really easy to learn with Daniel Randall and the suggested resources. I think the course is very complete, I have achieved a very good understanding of the basics of web development now and my learning path is much clearer. It was very motivating, very exciting and I had fun throughout the lessons and assignments. Thanks again to Daniel and Coursera for making this type of education available to everyone.

Juan Marino

By Tyree H

Sep 03, 2017

Very informative, really helps one to develop a great site!

By Saashin S

Aug 14, 2017

Great Course, I learned a lot!

By Sviatoslav B

Aug 02, 2017

Professor Daniel Randall explains clearly and gradually. Working on the tasks was entertaining. He gives readings and videos for non-class work and it was very helpful. Definitely go to course if you want to start your career in web development or just build an attractive website.

By Yogeswari N

Oct 06, 2016

This is a great course! I love its structure - it begins with info about hosting and domain name (something many others courses don't touch on) and it gives us enough guidance to start html coding before moving on to Javascript. I appreciate the precise short videos (10 mins or less each) because overly long videos tend to make me lose focus. The instructor is very knowledgeable and has industry experience in web designing and it shows as he shares his knowledge (for example I never knew <a> tag stands for anchor..woot). I love this course........oh have I said this already? :)

By Aamir K

Jun 27, 2017

I have tried several courses to learn web development on Youtube but this is by far the best I have come across. It makes learning some of the most complex things easy and fun. The structuring of the course is very impressive. The coding exercises are important if you wish to make the most of this course. My only suggestion is for new content to be added to make the final project even more comprehensive, other than that no complains :)

By Bryce C

Sep 18, 2017

Great intro course for web page development.

By swastik s

Feb 25, 2018

One of the best course i have learnt

By Bret A

Nov 06, 2017

A great course for beginners or if you're looking to refresh some web development skills.

By Bikash S

May 29, 2017

This course is easy to learn. It is great for beginner to start their web development career through this course.

By Ashar K

Jun 15, 2017

This course has really helped me.

By Fouzia

May 16, 2017

Excelent!

Very good course.good introduction.

By Joshua

Mar 22, 2017

Great course for beginners

This is a good course for people that have no experience in web development or for people that have done web development and want to refresh their memory.