Back to Introduction to Web Development

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Web Development by University of California, Davis

This course is designed to start you on a path toward future studies in web development and design, no matter how little experience or technical knowledge you currently have. The web is a very big place, and if you are the typical internet user, you probably visit several websites every day, whether for business, entertainment or education. But have you ever wondered how these websites actually work? How are they built? How do browsers, computers, and mobile devices interact with the web? What skills are necessary to build a website? With almost 1 billion websites now on the internet, the answers to these questions could be your first step toward a better understanding of the internet and developing a new set of internet skills. By the end of this course you’ll be able to describe the structure and functionality of the world wide web, create dynamic web pages using a combination of HTML, CSS, and JavaScript, apply essential programming language concepts when creating HTML forms, select an appropriate web hosting service, and publish your webpages for the world to see. Finally, you’ll be able to develop a working model for creating your own personal or business websites in the future and be fully prepared to take the next step in a more advanced web development or design course or specialization....

AH

May 02, 2020

It was very helpful and I understood things so easily. A beginner in this field will surely be benefited. Also the extra material is very helpful. This helped me take up full stack web development.

AB

Jul 19, 2019

It`s a fantastic course for a beginner. I could feel the effort that was put into to make sure people understood. Thank you Coursera, when I become one the greatest, I will remember this beginning.

51 - 75 of 447 Reviews for Introduction to Web Development

By Daksh S

Very good course with detailed explanation of all the important topics. Very helpful for beginners who want to master the skills in the field of web development.

By Alok B

Oct 15, 2017

This is really best course ever . I just wanna recommend everyone who has an interest in web development just go for it guys . You will really gonna learn a lot.

By Dr G B K

Jul 05, 2020

I had interest in web development. Through Vidyavardhaka College of Engineering and Coursera I am able to learn fundamentals of web development. Thanks a lot.

By Ulrich W

Oct 17, 2016

A bit too much JavaScript, but even that part was well done! I hope there will be another course with server-side scripting as well, at least for beginners :-)

By Abhishek D

Aug 14, 2019

The course was very well defined and gave an overview of most web technologies which are being used in industry also helped get an insight at web scraping .

By Владимирцева С Ю

Jun 10, 2020

Many thanks to the creators of this course! Thanks to the course, I was able to refresh my existing knowledge. The teacher explains the material very well.

By Altamash S

Jul 02, 2020

The course was great. The instructor covered all the key points of the topic. I am glad that i had the opportunity of taking this course. Thanks Coursera

By Louzar

Feb 27, 2020

Cours assez basique, qui donne les bases du Html, CSS, JS... Je recommande pour les personnes qui veulent une introduction pas très compliqué du domaine.

By SAFA P

Jul 03, 2020

A great course to get started in this field. I would recommend this to any person who is willing to learn web development and don't know where to start.

By Riya G

May 03, 2020

It was a great course for understanding html, css, javascript. thank you ucdavis and coursera for this course. i'll surely recommend it to others.

By kaleemulla a r

Dec 16, 2019

Well thought lesson with great explanation and way to keep me track with the web development. Thank you for such a wonderful service by UCDavis.

By Elioenai E A

Apr 15, 2019

really good method of teaching.i now can code my own site with the notes given.

check out my new site file:///C:/Users/ezrah/Desktop/change.html

By VARUN J

Apr 17, 2020

It is best course I have ever come across and the videos of Prof. Daniel has made it very understandable and the course goes with the flow.

By Shivani B

Aug 20, 2017

I found the course very interesting and the way of teaching is very descriptive. No doubt in this that the course is very helpful and good.

By Vishal B

Aug 20, 2018

This course is the basic building block for those who want to learn something skillful knowledge about HTML and basics of web development.

By Adarsh S

Nov 08, 2019

plz do my review today urgent

By Muhammad O

Jun 15, 2020

Thiis course is perfect for the absolute beginners i would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn web development from Basics

By shashank s s

Jan 31, 2018

good course to learn basics of web development . If you are just beginner then don't worry it doesn't require great coding skills.

By Sobia S

Dec 20, 2018

instructor ,course content ,method of teaching and helping material or links every thing was outstanding

wish you best of luck

By Ms. M T

This is the perfect course for absolute beginners. I loved the way the professor taught and made things easy and precise.

By ADITI S

Feb 13, 2020

Awesome course structure and all the teaching faculties are excellent. I have enjoyed a lot and it is very interesting.

By Marcelo E D C

Oct 28, 2018

It's a good course, provides me broad fundamentals of web development opening my way to further studies on the field.

By MUHAMMAD S

Sep 26, 2017

Awesome course, I had no idea about web development and this course has provided me solid base on how websites work.

By Mouad E

Dec 13, 2019

great course with gold information I learned a lot and I'm looking forward to learning more about web development.

By K N

Jan 03, 2019

This course is very much useful to learn the basics of HTML,CSS and javaScript.

I'm glad to accomplish this course.