Back to Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan by Case Western Reserve University

4.0

This 5 week course will guide learners through the essential steps in planning an individualized weight loss program. There is no guarantee of weight loss through completing the course; learners will have the framework and essential components for an evidence-based weight loss program. This course is intended for healthy adults who do not have any chronic disease such as diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, lung disease or any others. In addition, this course does not provide information for people who have food allergies or intolerances. Losing weight and keeping it off requires planning and goal-setting. Crash diets or fad diets are ineffective and can be dangerous. This course provides evidence-based information for planning a weight loss program that is safe and effective in producing a one to two pound loss per week. This course will help learners establish the following: 1. A realistic goal weight with a specific plan for rate of weight loss and time frame for achieving goal weight. 2. A realistic goal for the frequency, duration, and intensity of exercise that will enable the learner to achieve and maintain the goal weight. 3. A specific set of strategies for grocery shopping, eating in restaurants, eating at social occasions, and dealing with hunger and emotional eating. 4. A plan for monitoring food intake, exercise and weight loss. 5. A plan for continued evaluation of progress to goals and strategies for adjusting goals for continued weight loss for the next 6 months or longer. 6. A thorough understanding of the difficulty of maintaining weight loss and a plan for maximizing the chances of keeping off the weight lost....

EN
Jan 17, 2021

I really enjoyed this course, it was very informative and easy to follow. The videos were clear and the graded sections were great. The course as a whole was enjoyable and would recommend to others.

JF
Sep 30, 2020

Great course which I completed with a personal weight loss plan designed by myself. There is a printing error on the certificate though. The name and title of the course instructor are not printed.

151 - 161 of 161 Reviews for Designing Your Personal Weight Loss Plan

By Nancy C

Jan 15, 2021

Did not live up to my expectations. Unrealistic for 69 year old me to get to a goal weight of 115 lbs. I consider this way to low for my age. Course needs to be updated. That being said there was some good information to be obtained from this course but it is not a course I would be recommending .

By Katherine L

Apr 19, 2021

Seriously nothing new in this course if you have already tried the standard weight loss methods. The tools they provide are dated and this course has not been updated with new studies or information. You are better off trying one of the apps that are out there or finding a book to help you.

By Joan M

Jan 25, 2021

I have wasted my time with a course that has links referenced that are either nonexistent or unusable. I realize I am taking this course for free, but I can't even unenroll, although I only signed up 11 days ago. I was expecting useful information instead of hours of frustration!

By TOPORYX

Jan 15, 2021

Not updated.. Without knowing the use of myplate app instead of supertracker, I can't create my personalized weightloss plan.

By Carolyn C

Mar 17, 2021

Not good at all buld own diet but when do they won't accept you

By Brian H

Dec 12, 2021

T​he information is outdated and was never best practices.

By Andressa R

Jan 3, 2022

Super basic and boring; Terrible sound quality on videos.

By Lionel J P

May 1, 2018

Not original, educational or motivational

By Maro M

May 24, 2021

very bad course with very little benefit

By Andreea P

Jan 20, 2020

Outdated info. Not much personalization.

By Andrea A O J