Back to Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories by Emory University

Across the globe, more people are suffering from obesity than at any other time in our history. Why has obesity become so common and so challenging? In this course, we will look at the root cause of obesity, as explained by the latest science. We will see how our food environment has evolved over the last half-century, and how it is altering our biology to over-consume calories and resist sustained weight loss. We will also see how stress, a sedentary lifestyle, and inadequate sleep disrupt our appetite control system to promote gaining weight. By developing a better understanding of the physiology behind obesity, you will learn how to work with your body to prevent and manage weight gain. This course will also provide practical tools and strategies for creating a long-term, sustainable weight management plan to leverage your habits and your surroundings....

GS

The content and flow of the course are optimum and thought-provoking. The quizzes are designed with an inclination towards practical application, which helps one to apply the learnings from the week.

RR

There is so much this course taught me about habits that I didn't even realize were unhealthy. A lot of information to take in and hopefully I change my lifestyle accordingly. Thank you so much!

101 - 125 of 266 Reviews for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

By Yasemin B

Dec 27, 2020

It was a great course, I repeated all my knowledge. it gave me other points of view. Thank you

Nov 5, 2020

so interesting and easy when you are interested! super beneficial and full of new information.

By María F P D

Jan 17, 2021

I enjoy this course so much! and It has a lot of amazing information, its so interesting ....

By Sydney R

Jan 19, 2020

Very informative and super helpful. I will use this information in my daily life from now on!

By Kelly T

Dec 30, 2020

I liked the course, the instructor's explanation was good and the materials were informative

By Monisha S

Aug 23, 2020

A nice course that gradually teaches how we make a proper environment for a healthy choice.

By DEEPIKA C D D P S 1

Apr 29, 2020

Was a great experience.. thank you Coursera. Now I have a perfect plan for weight reduction

By Muhammad N A

Aug 13, 2020

It's been great experience to learnt about any thing related weight management.Thank you!

By Mayla C W

Nov 18, 2020

A great course in understanding the factors affecting weight loss. It's very insightful.

By Christina

Aug 3, 2019

Very interesting information and resources to understanding the human body and weight.

By Philip O

Oct 25, 2020

It very nice, interesting and comprehensive course. You'd be glad you took this one!

By Bruno M H

Sep 12, 2020

Great course! Fast paced but gentle. Full of clear information and amazing material!

By Shivangi S

Jul 1, 2020

Very well explained about obesity nd its causes nd how to control obesity diseases.

By Shehroz J

Very good and informative course about diet and how our body works and gains weight.

By Chanel R

Mar 2, 2021

I loved it and enjoyed learning new ways to eat and watch my weight as I get older

By Dina B

Oct 26, 2020

I Enjoyed this course , a lot of healthy information

Helped me a lot . Thank youuu

By Aben T

Oct 23, 2019

It was very intuitive and the classes were superb and well explained. Thank you..

By Laura W

Jul 16, 2020

I learn so much and was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this course! Thanks

By Maha A M

Great coarse

It was very interesting for me

By Anthony S A W

Dec 7, 2019

Food is life, ill be mindful now more than before thanks to this course.

By Teena L

learnt a lot . Thanks to Emory university. Thank you, instructor Sharon

By Ceyda E

Dec 6, 2020

thank you for all. this program teach me so many think about our many.

By Mina

Mar 15, 2021

I loved this course. It gave me totally a new perspective to obesity.

By Rajat S

Aug 28, 2020

Very knowledgable course there is a lot of things to gain knowledge.