Back to Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories by Emory University

Across the globe, more people are suffering from obesity than at any other time in our history. Why has obesity become so common and so challenging? In this course, we will look at the root cause of obesity, as explained by the latest science. We will see how our food environment has evolved over the last half-century, and how it is altering our biology to over-consume calories and resist sustained weight loss. We will also see how stress, a sedentary lifestyle, and inadequate sleep disrupt our appetite control system to promote gaining weight. By developing a better understanding of the physiology behind obesity, you will learn how to work with your body to prevent and manage weight gain. This course will also provide practical tools and strategies for creating a long-term, sustainable weight management plan to leverage your habits and your surroundings....

GS

The content and flow of the course are optimum and thought-provoking. The quizzes are designed with an inclination towards practical application, which helps one to apply the learnings from the week.

RR

There is so much this course taught me about habits that I didn't even realize were unhealthy. A lot of information to take in and hopefully I change my lifestyle accordingly. Thank you so much!

101 - 125 of 290 Reviews for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

By Vianka d C

Sep 2, 2020

Thank you so much, I learned so much in this course, if possible I want to continue with another one!

By Gabriel A

Mar 29, 2021

A relevantly helpful program. It covered so many things one would either ignore or take for granted.

By Thato T G

Sep 8, 2020

I rate this course a full 5 star, i am a certified fitness coach and yeti learned a lot of things

By Grisha T

Oct 26, 2020

It was great experience learning the course and all details were absolutely of great importance.

By RUSHIKA J

May 14, 2020

I loved doing this course.

Glad I got an opportunity to go through it & learn so much!

Thank You!

By Yasemin B

Dec 27, 2020

It was a great course, I repeated all my knowledge. it gave me other points of view. Thank you

Nov 5, 2020

so interesting and easy when you are interested! super beneficial and full of new information.

By María F P D

Jan 17, 2021

I enjoy this course so much! and It has a lot of amazing information, its so interesting ....

By Sydney R

Jan 19, 2020

Very informative and super helpful. I will use this information in my daily life from now on!

By Kelly T

Dec 30, 2020

I liked the course, the instructor's explanation was good and the materials were informative

By Monisha S

Aug 23, 2020

A nice course that gradually teaches how we make a proper environment for a healthy choice.

By DEEPIKA C D D P S 1

Apr 29, 2020

Was a great experience.. thank you Coursera. Now I have a perfect plan for weight reduction

By Muhammad N A

Aug 13, 2020

It's been great experience to learnt about any thing related weight management.Thank you!

By Danh N Đ

Sep 14, 2021

Useful course, helped me gain new knowledge about weight control. Rich teaching content!

By Mayla C W

Nov 18, 2020

A great course in understanding the factors affecting weight loss. It's very insightful.

By A K

Jun 29, 2021

Very thought-provoking course, give me a lot of pointers on diet and weight management.

By Christina

Aug 3, 2019

Very interesting information and resources to understanding the human body and weight.

By Devasena S

Jul 8, 2021

I learnt a lot from this course and I thank my instructor for this wonderful course.

By Philip O

Oct 25, 2020

It very nice, interesting and comprehensive course. You'd be glad you took this one!

By Bruno M H

Sep 12, 2020

Great course! Fast paced but gentle. Full of clear information and amazing material!

By Shivangi S

Jul 1, 2020

Very well explained about obesity nd its causes nd how to control obesity diseases.

By Shehroz J

Very good and informative course about diet and how our body works and gains weight.

By Đăng K N Đ

Aug 29, 2021

This is an excellent course for learning more about obesity and how to overcome it.

By Chanel R

Mar 2, 2021

I loved it and enjoyed learning new ways to eat and watch my weight as I get older

By Dina B