Back to Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories by Emory University

Across the globe, more people are suffering from obesity than at any other time in our history. Why has obesity become so common and so challenging? In this course, we will look at the root cause of obesity, as explained by the latest science. We will see how our food environment has evolved over the last half-century, and how it is altering our biology to over-consume calories and resist sustained weight loss. We will also see how stress, a sedentary lifestyle, and inadequate sleep disrupt our appetite control system to promote gaining weight. By developing a better understanding of the physiology behind obesity, you will learn how to work with your body to prevent and manage weight gain. This course will also provide practical tools and strategies for creating a long-term, sustainable weight management plan to leverage your habits and your surroundings....

GS

The content and flow of the course are optimum and thought-provoking. The quizzes are designed with an inclination towards practical application, which helps one to apply the learnings from the week.

RR

There is so much this course taught me about habits that I didn't even realize were unhealthy. A lot of information to take in and hopefully I change my lifestyle accordingly. Thank you so much!

51 - 75 of 290 Reviews for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

By David E O G

Oct 26, 2020

The professor was really good at explaining the topics!

There is a workbook provided that suits as an amazing guide :)

I learned many techniques for improving health that doesn't directly mean restricting calories

By Mara H

Oct 7, 2019

I learned a great deal about the science of weight loss and why behavior change is difficult when our bodies are not programmed to function optimally on a processed diet as well as not programmed to lose weight.

By Tiffany D

Aug 25, 2020

I am so thankful to discover this course! The content, professor and assignments were engaging and enlightening. I highly recommend anyone with an interest or passion for health or nutrition, take this course.

By C A

I had an amazing experience learning nutrition especially about weight management loved it through out the course all the materials were very engaging , I am surely going to do an another course in nutrition.

By Elo S

Dec 28, 2020

One of the best weight management and nutrition courses in Coursera. It explained the factors influencing our weight gain and weight loss well and the quizes and assignments helped to form a clear plan.

By Ron S

Jun 20, 2020

This is the most comprehensive approach to sustainable weight loss I've encountered yet. If I don't succeed armed with this information, that will be on me! Brilliant way to reset the brain to eat well.

By Juan C V

Great course! I have learned and reinforce my knowledge of weight management. I have learned to create a personalized plan taking into consideration that everyone has a different environment and habits.

By Amir I

Apr 24, 2021

I learned lot's of thing's about obesity reasons and its management beyond calories. Its highly efficient and recommended course. Thank you coursera and University of Marvey...

By CYNTHIA U S

Sep 29, 2020

I think I like this course, because compared to other courses, it applies a lot of evidence based problems in weight management with an holistic view and in simple language.

By rahmah b

Oct 26, 2020

I learned about factors that affect weight in details it was funny benefit and worth my time, I encourage everyone who want to know more about nutrition to have this course

By Ruturaj S S

Nov 5, 2020

I got more knowledge from this course and now I can make changes in my daily diet as well as I guide some people to change their life rouinte to stay fit in their life.

By DEBASMITA D

Jul 21, 2020

This course helped me a lot in learning why it is difficult for us to manage our weight just by restricting our diet and what are the things we can do to change that.

By Habashia T

May 6, 2020

It was very helpfull i gained a lot. it only needs a single improvement that article and statistics should be between 2016 to 2020 so that current studies can be seen

By Vilma E P Q

Aug 27, 2020

I learned a lot about health and weight, change a lot paradigms about healthy eating. I tool the course for personal reason and looking forward to apply them .

By Farida A

Jul 27, 2020

This course helped me to understand the nature of food, and how I can manage the weight without harming myself. I understood the logic and got new good habits.

By Kana N

Aug 11, 2020

I could learn about a healthy way to maintain our weight properly from various aspects including not only food, but also excising, sleep, stress and the like.

By andres g

Apr 6, 2020

It is a very comprehensive course that will help you to change some old unhealthy habits and guide you towards a healthier lifestyle with an actual plan.

By Shamal M

Jun 18, 2020

Thank you so much to the mentor for a beautiful insite on weight management, it was well discribed and the assignment are very engaging and informative.

By Mike K

Nov 25, 2020

A very new and refreshing perspective on weight loss. I think anyone with a dietary background should follow this or read the materials of this course!

By Zarghona Y

Jul 12, 2020

latest knowledge and holistic approach towards managing obesity. I am satisfied at my achievement Thank you coursera for providing this oppurtunity.

By Noor u a

I learned a lot of new things that I will surely apply in my daily life and share with my peers. I am very thankful to be a part of this course/.

By Kritika K

Jul 3, 2020

This course helped me learn so much ! The modules were well-planned and knowledgeable. Looking forward to do more of such courses from coursera.

By Justin A B

Sep 28, 2020

This a very eye-opening course. It provides me information that I can use to help myself and people around me to obtain a healthier lifestyle.

By DEVAGUPTAPU V L

Sep 16, 2020

I learned how to be healthy and how to manage weight and I will definitely share with my family and friends I loved and enjoyed this course .

By Aamena M A

Jan 11, 2021

it was really helpful , full of facts and useful information that's really beneficial for my field,and useful for my family members as well