Back to Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories by Emory University

Across the globe, more people are suffering from obesity than at any other time in our history. Why has obesity become so common and so challenging? In this course, we will look at the root cause of obesity, as explained by the latest science. We will see how our food environment has evolved over the last half-century, and how it is altering our biology to over-consume calories and resist sustained weight loss. We will also see how stress, a sedentary lifestyle, and inadequate sleep disrupt our appetite control system to promote gaining weight. By developing a better understanding of the physiology behind obesity, you will learn how to work with your body to prevent and manage weight gain. This course will also provide practical tools and strategies for creating a long-term, sustainable weight management plan to leverage your habits and your surroundings....

GS

The content and flow of the course are optimum and thought-provoking. The quizzes are designed with an inclination towards practical application, which helps one to apply the learnings from the week.

RR

There is so much this course taught me about habits that I didn't even realize were unhealthy. A lot of information to take in and hopefully I change my lifestyle accordingly. Thank you so much!

126 - 150 of 337 Reviews for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

By Monisha S

Aug 23, 2020

A nice course that gradually teaches how we make a proper environment for a healthy choice.

By DEEPIKA C D D P S 1

Apr 29, 2020

Was a great experience.. thank you Coursera. Now I have a perfect plan for weight reduction

By Eunice L

Jun 15, 2022

I learn so much about nutrition and managing my weight from this course. Worth to enroll!

By Muhammad N A

Aug 13, 2020

It's been great experience to learnt about any thing related weight management.Thank you!

By NGUYEN D D

Sep 14, 2021

Useful course, helped me gain new knowledge about weight control. Rich teaching content!

By Mayla C W

Nov 18, 2020

A great course in understanding the factors affecting weight loss. It's very insightful.

By A K

Jun 29, 2021

Very thought-provoking course, give me a lot of pointers on diet and weight management.

By Christina

Aug 3, 2019

Very interesting information and resources to understanding the human body and weight.

By Devasena S

Jul 8, 2021

I learnt a lot from this course and I thank my instructor for this wonderful course.

By Philip O

Oct 25, 2020

It very nice, interesting and comprehensive course. You'd be glad you took this one!

By Bruno M H

Sep 12, 2020

Great course! Fast paced but gentle. Full of clear information and amazing material!

By Shivangi S

Jul 1, 2020

Very well explained about obesity nd its causes nd how to control obesity diseases.

By Shehroz J

Very good and informative course about diet and how our body works and gains weight.

By Đăng K N Đ

Aug 29, 2021

This is an excellent course for learning more about obesity and how to overcome it.

By Chanel R

Mar 2, 2021

I loved it and enjoyed learning new ways to eat and watch my weight as I get older

By Dina B

Oct 26, 2020

I Enjoyed this course , a lot of healthy information

Helped me a lot . Thank youuu

By Aben T

Oct 23, 2019

It was very intuitive and the classes were superb and well explained. Thank you..

By Warawut G

Apr 5, 2022

Sincere thanks The course is easy to understand and can be applied in daily life.

By Laura W

Jul 16, 2020

I learn so much and was very surprised by how much I enjoyed this course! Thanks

By Deborah F

Aug 28, 2022

Gave good common sense methods on weight loss, what works, and what does not.

By Maha A

Great coarse

It was very interesting for me

By Anthony S A W

Dec 7, 2019

Food is life, ill be mindful now more than before thanks to this course.

By Teena L

learnt a lot . Thanks to Emory university. Thank you, instructor Sharon

By Ceyda E

Dec 6, 2020

thank you for all. this program teach me so many think about our many.