Back to Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories by Emory University

Across the globe, more people are suffering from obesity than at any other time in our history. Why has obesity become so common and so challenging? In this course, we will look at the root cause of obesity, as explained by the latest science. We will see how our food environment has evolved over the last half-century, and how it is altering our biology to over-consume calories and resist sustained weight loss. We will also see how stress, a sedentary lifestyle, and inadequate sleep disrupt our appetite control system to promote gaining weight. By developing a better understanding of the physiology behind obesity, you will learn how to work with your body to prevent and manage weight gain. This course will also provide practical tools and strategies for creating a long-term, sustainable weight management plan to leverage your habits and your surroundings....

GS

The content and flow of the course are optimum and thought-provoking. The quizzes are designed with an inclination towards practical application, which helps one to apply the learnings from the week.

RR

There is so much this course taught me about habits that I didn't even realize were unhealthy. A lot of information to take in and hopefully I change my lifestyle accordingly. Thank you so much!

76 - 100 of 337 Reviews for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

By Kritika K

Jul 3, 2020

This course helped me learn so much ! The modules were well-planned and knowledgeable. Looking forward to do more of such courses from coursera.

By Justin A B

Sep 28, 2020

This a very eye-opening course. It provides me information that I can use to help myself and people around me to obtain a healthier lifestyle.

By DEVAGUPTAPU V L

Sep 16, 2020

I learned how to be healthy and how to manage weight and I will definitely share with my family and friends I loved and enjoyed this course .

By Aamena M A

Jan 11, 2021

it was really helpful , full of facts and useful information that's really beneficial for my field,and useful for my family members as well

By Sonica M

Jul 17, 2020

DIET AS DEFINED ISN'T AS SCARY AS IT IS. UNDERSTANDING FOOD, BASIC REQUIREMENTS IN DIET, PROPORTIONS INTAKE, EVERYTHING EXPLAINED SO WELL.

By Avtar S

May 21, 2022

Hi there,

I loved this course and very well explained. However, I wish , if the course was a little bit more lengthy :)

Avtar S.

By Yvonne C

Dec 27, 2021

I gained alot of knowledge from taking the course, it's simple and easy to understand. wish to see more such courses in the near future.

By Nilufar A

Dec 21, 2019

If you want to understand how to manage your or your clients' weight, study the psychology of Appetite in depth, this course is for you.

By Bhushan D

Jun 20, 2020

Best course for learning all related to weight management as the instructor is very much clear in her knowledge and way of expression.

By Tanjimul H

Jun 8, 2020

It's a really good course to do if someone wants to know about their food intake and wants to change their lifestyle and eating habit.

By SHWETA B

Apr 18, 2022

I like the course very much. Everythimg explained so well. Very minute minute things has been covered in this course. Thanku so much.

By ANAI D H

Mar 11, 2022

Es un gran curso para empezar a entender como funciona la alimentacion y el entranamiento. Hay conceptos basicos que son escensiales

By Tosan N

Sep 25, 2022

The course was very easy to understand and the trainer has a lot of knowledge and important inforrmation on the subject matter.

By Ij K

Jul 8, 2020

This course was very informative. It exposed me to my unhealthy habits and gave me sustainable tools to work on my weight goals.

By aishwarya m

Aug 22, 2020

this course was very helpful. I'm so happy that I did something productive in the period of lockdown. All thanks to Coursera!!

By Aimee R

Mar 22, 2021

there should be an option to report users who mark papers as a fail although all the required information is clearly written.

By Summaiyah Z

Mar 30, 2021

This is an excellent course that I came across. All the topics taught were based on scientific evidence. Thank you coursera.

By Moumita R D

Jun 12, 2020

It is a great course. I have learned a lot about weight management. It will really help you to overcome the misconceptions.

By Patrick M

Oct 11, 2020

I found the information much of which was new to me was presented in a concise and clear way

This course has chaged my life

By Supanan C

Apr 19, 2020

Amazing course! I'm ready to start getting fit again. This course is very informative. I'm so glad that I have taken this.

By PATANKAR T

Oct 17, 2020

It's an amazing course. They really explained it very well. Thank you guy's for providing me this amazing information.

By Renee R

Mar 8, 2021

I learned a lot about how to lose weight the correct way and about how the body works with nutrition and calories.

By Gimhani G

Jul 19, 2020

I like the content of this course. It has really helped me to brush up my current knowledge on weight management.

By Bhavadharani

Jul 26, 2020

It was a wonderful course.it helped us to know about our food habits and how to take a good healthy food style.

By Kiara C

Aug 10, 2020

It has been an eye-opening experience, and I'm certainly seeing the results from applying the taught concepts.