Back to Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories by Emory University

Across the globe, more people are suffering from obesity than at any other time in our history. Why has obesity become so common and so challenging? In this course, we will look at the root cause of obesity, as explained by the latest science. We will see how our food environment has evolved over the last half-century, and how it is altering our biology to over-consume calories and resist sustained weight loss. We will also see how stress, a sedentary lifestyle, and inadequate sleep disrupt our appetite control system to promote gaining weight. By developing a better understanding of the physiology behind obesity, you will learn how to work with your body to prevent and manage weight gain. This course will also provide practical tools and strategies for creating a long-term, sustainable weight management plan to leverage your habits and your surroundings....

GS

The content and flow of the course are optimum and thought-provoking. The quizzes are designed with an inclination towards practical application, which helps one to apply the learnings from the week.

RR

There is so much this course taught me about habits that I didn't even realize were unhealthy. A lot of information to take in and hopefully I change my lifestyle accordingly. Thank you so much!

276 - 290 of 290 Reviews for Weight Management: Beyond Balancing Calories

Oct 1, 2020

Loved it

By Chrstine

Jul 1, 2020

This course was mildly helpful in learning some names of the hormones and chemicals in the brain and body, but most was reinforcing what I already knew. Additionally I found it annoying that it required me to pay money to complete the final assessment of each unit or else the course wouldn't be counted as completed.

By Rafael C

Apr 4, 2021

It ensembles great scientific content with some "self help"/think positive stuff. I don't think it will be much useful if you're looking for a professional upgrade, but it might be if you're trying to lose weight and you're sensitive to those kind of things.

By Glenda K

Jul 12, 2021

​Very interesting content. I am just giving three stars, because of the peer grading your assignment. It is been stressful.

By Nicole M

Nov 11, 2019

Good emphasis on what is important! Quick and easy to follow along - I would have loved even more info :)

By sh h

May 8, 2020

it will help understand the other reasons that affect the weight and how to deal with it

By dr.ahmed s

Mar 31, 2020

i need it completely free

By Ghazal A

Oct 31, 2019

was very informative

By Esther C

Jun 19, 2021

Giving mandate peer groups to comments on us so as we pass or fail its not good, this make things harder and harder I dislike, I personal understand the course and pass my all assignments , am suppressed the results from Peer groups that fails all my three assignments and I have pass the two.

this disappoint me and I choose to cancel the course

By Tahira A

Nov 14, 2020

I enrolled in this course when I was free due to covid-19 but when i tried to submit the first assignment the system asked me to upgrade course for 45 dollars. come on! are they scamming

By Claire M

Jun 25, 2020

Very unhealthy perspectve on weight management. Basically says obesity is a disease and the only way to overcome it is through surgery.