Back to Improving Communication Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Improving Communication Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to communicate more effectively at work and achieve your goals. Taught by award-winning Wharton professor and best-selling author Maurice Schweitzer, Improving Communications Skills is an essential course designed to give you both the tools you need to improve your communication skills, and the most successful strategies for using them to your advantage. You'll learn how to discover if someone is lying (and how to react if they are), how to develop trust, the best method of communication for negotiation, and how to apologize. You'll also learn when to cooperate and when to compete, how to create persuasive messages, ask thoughtful questions, engage in active listening, and choose the right medium (face-to-face conversation, video conference, phone call, or email) for your messages. By the end of the course, you'll be able to understand what others want, respond strategically to their wants and needs, craft convincing and clear messages, and develop the critical communication skills you need to get ahead in business and in life....

MG

Mar 12, 2020

This course surpassed my expectation. I can not only apply what I have learned in my professional life but also can help me to improve some personal aspects, like communication with my family members.

SP

Sep 10, 2020

An absolutely wonderful course on communication skills. Its a course every professional should take as it teaches the very basics of communication that we all should incorporate and practice everyday.

76 - 100 of 366 Reviews for Improving Communication Skills

By 王尚

Feb 17, 2018

The skills mentioned in the course are both useful and practical.I am much more confident when communicating with others now.Thank you,Professor Schweitze.

ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

By Kamil H

Apr 30, 2020

Very informative and allows one to relate to real world examples and ones own workplace and the various approaches one can use to improve effective communication.

By Daniel A

Sep 09, 2020

Overall excellent course, some of it was a little bit of difficult, but the lessons that were worth it were more than valuable and worth their weight in Gold !

By CHIH T S

Apr 07, 2018

As a business development professional, this course helps me to hone in my communication skill, as well as gaining insights to tips that I didn't know about.

By Ali J

Jun 14, 2020

thank you so much, Maurice Schweitzer, for this wonderful course for us and I was really amazing learning with you once again thank you so much

best regards

By khurram.naseer

Oct 10, 2017

Excellent course. I really enjoyed & It was a great learning experience for me. It helped me focus & think about different aspects of communication skills.

By Shafay S

Oct 12, 2017

Very informative training and course material. thank you for your kind guidance during the sessions. really enjoyed the sessions with real time examples.

By Brajesh S B

Apr 17, 2020

It is well designed program that has helped me set my past perspectives very right and I am sure this will add many more value in my future endeavours.

By Sandra S N

Mar 25, 2020

Very informative, with useful everyday information. I enjoyed this section very much. I liked how the professor used actual stories to explain details.

By Agata M

May 01, 2020

In the beginning, I was skeptical. But now, reviewing once again slides and videos I do believe it's connected and will benefit in my job. THANK YOU!

By Marta K

Very interesting and easy to follow. It took me by surprise how much I liked the course and will try to implement what I learned in my daily life.

By Kyle D

Apr 07, 2018

Great insights on communication by a world class professor. Perhaps a sequel to negotiation would be a great addition to the Coursera Portfolio.

By Russell N

Feb 07, 2020

It contained a lot of good and relevant information. Expanding on things we are taught as well as teaching more way to communicate effectively.

By Jennifer G

Mar 21, 2018

Fantastic course with really interesting topics, a great speaker, and some fascinating real-world examples to help drive key points home.

By Mirna S

Jan 30, 2018

Packed with case scenarios and examples, excellent course design, and great delivery. Enjoyed my learning journey very much. Thank you.

By PAVAN K S

Jun 25, 2020

This is very nice course for improving communication skills. It includes all practical measures which can be easily implemented..

By MAYANK A

May 22, 2020

It was a well-structured course and it touched upon a lot of topics related to communication, trust, deception, and goal setting.

By Sidrah Q

Jan 20, 2019

Wonderful course.. wouldve appreciated more if a more detailed summary on key areas was gic=ven and the audio couldve been louder

By Jana A

Nov 02, 2017

Great class - It was really fun to learn, presented in a very effective and easy way to understand and easily apply. Thank you!

By Ankit N

Feb 03, 2020

This course has helped me understand different ways to effectively communicate and my favorite was learning about goal setting.

By RUSSELL L

Jul 22, 2019

It is indeed a very engaging course which should be further developed and deepened into likes of negotiation, persuasion, NLP

By ALIND J

Sep 03, 2017

GOOD COURSE TO MAKE YOUR BASE STRONG THAT IS Psychology IN COMMUNICATION IS DISCUSSED THROUGH WORLD CLASS BEAUTIFUL EXAMPLES

By 喵鲁

Jul 24, 2020

实用且详细,谈到了合作和竞争的关系,竞争对心态的影响,竞争由哪种社会性因素组成

信任,该信任谁,欺骗是如何工作的,欺骗违规的本质,识别&应对欺骗,如何道歉

如何沟通,传递信息,收集信息,如何问问题,如何倾听,

沟通媒体的使用,关于威胁,目标设定,关于结束

By Patricia K

Jul 12, 2018

very good I learned a lot that would help me to do my job better. cummunication is very important both at work and private.

By Mujtaba H

Nov 01, 2018

I love the instructor sir Maurice, that brilliant way he have to demonstrate with examples, and excellent course outline.