Back to Improving Communication Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Improving Communication Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to communicate more effectively at work and achieve your goals. Taught by award-winning Wharton professor and best-selling author Maurice Schweitzer, Improving Communications Skills is an essential course designed to give you both the tools you need to improve your communication skills, and the most successful strategies for using them to your advantage. You'll learn how to discover if someone is lying (and how to react if they are), how to develop trust, the best method of communication for negotiation, and how to apologize. You'll also learn when to cooperate and when to compete, how to create persuasive messages, ask thoughtful questions, engage in active listening, and choose the right medium (face-to-face conversation, video conference, phone call, or email) for your messages. By the end of the course, you'll be able to understand what others want, respond strategically to their wants and needs, craft convincing and clear messages, and develop the critical communication skills you need to get ahead in business and in life....

SP

Sep 10, 2020

An absolutely wonderful course on communication skills. Its a course every professional should take as it teaches the very basics of communication that we all should incorporate and practice everyday.

MG

Mar 12, 2020

This course surpassed my expectation. I can not only apply what I have learned in my professional life but also can help me to improve some personal aspects, like communication with my family members.

126 - 150 of 366 Reviews for Improving Communication Skills

By Kevin G

Jul 25, 2017

Definitely something new here for everyone to learn. We can all improve our communication skills.

By Adaji S E

Apr 30, 2020

I am delighted to have completed this course, I must say, this was truly enriching and educative

By Karel S

Apr 24, 2020

I loved the experience with this course. I enjoyed doing it. The professor was absolutely great.

By Adriana H

Feb 19, 2020

I am learning so much in this course. I appreciate the opportunity from my company to attend.

By Ajorundon O

Jan 31, 2020

Good course for everyday and professional communication skills that yields favourable results

By Fernando A T L

Jul 09, 2018

Excelente curso, temas muy interesantes, muy bien explicados, con muchos ejemplos muy claros.

By Andrew J P

May 15, 2017

Great course for anyone looking to learn about and improve their own communication skills

By Carla A G

Dec 03, 2019

Exceptional to understand some patterns among rivals and to improve communication skills

By Josianne M

Liked the way the professor gave great examples and provided an in-depth understanding.

By Krish R

Mar 24, 2020

this course was really fun and got a clear understanding about effective communication

By Lise Y

Aug 02, 2018

Great information here delivered in a direct and easily absorbed format. Thank you!

By Rajeev V

Jun 04, 2020

Great contents. Well presented. Easy examples but well connecting to the subject.

By Marta E d S M R

Aug 27, 2018

This course is very good for people that what to improve the negociation skills

By Christos S

Mar 31, 2018

Great course on soft skills that are very important to have in an organization!

By Chioma A

Sep 04, 2020

The course is very insightful and very relevant. I really enjoyed the course.

By P K G

May 24, 2019

very good and changed my way of viewing communications. thank you very much

By Preetie B

Apr 14, 2018

Very interesting insight on structuring our communication in an effective way.

By Shamim A

Oct 23, 2017

It is a well thought and specific to improve communication in an organisation.

By Jeff P

Sep 02, 2018

Done- Unable to complete the locked Quizzes but tge course was phenomenal

By Poula S

Sep 13, 2020

It is a very useful course and I have learned a lot about communication

By victor h g l

Jul 12, 2018

Excelente course I like all the examples, it made easier to understand.

By JESUS G D

May 15, 2020

WHARTON PENN is the best school and there are a lot great proffesors.

By Pasucha U

Apr 20, 2020

Very useful key to the deeper understanding of work and personal life

By Jehan P

Jul 12, 2020

Useful course. It was less focused on communication than I thought.

By AMIT K S

Jun 19, 2020

This certificate develop and polished my career.