Back to Improving Communication Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Improving Communication Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to communicate more effectively at work and achieve your goals. Taught by award-winning Wharton professor and best-selling author Maurice Schweitzer, Improving Communications Skills is an essential course designed to give you both the tools you need to improve your communication skills, and the most successful strategies for using them to your advantage. You'll learn how to discover if someone is lying (and how to react if they are), how to develop trust, the best method of communication for negotiation, and how to apologize. You'll also learn when to cooperate and when to compete, how to create persuasive messages, ask thoughtful questions, engage in active listening, and choose the right medium (face-to-face conversation, video conference, phone call, or email) for your messages. By the end of the course, you'll be able to understand what others want, respond strategically to their wants and needs, craft convincing and clear messages, and develop the critical communication skills you need to get ahead in business and in life....

MG
Mar 11, 2020

This course surpassed my expectation. I can not only apply what I have learned in my professional life but also can help me to improve some personal aspects, like communication with my family members.

SP
Sep 9, 2020

An absolutely wonderful course on communication skills. Its a course every professional should take as it teaches the very basics of communication that we all should incorporate and practice everyday.

126 - 150 of 386 Reviews for Improving Communication Skills

By ben a

Oct 26, 2020

Very useful and practical! Would recommend fellow learners to use some of the practical tactics at work.

By Chafai Y

Jun 1, 2020

Was a great course Thank you Sir Maurice, I get deeply in communication and that helped a lot thank you,

By Kona M

Jun 12, 2020

I'm very glad to avail this course.Thanks coursera for giving me the oppurtunity to avail this course.

By vishnu s p

Aug 31, 2020

I enjoyed the course a lot and it was very helpful. Looking forward to take part in more such courses

By Alex P

Jun 4, 2018

A thought provoking and useful course. Recommended. Thank you for producing such an excellent course.

By Shahzaib

Apr 24, 2020

Very Practical in nature and believe me, you will find its application in every phase of your life.

By Huanhuan J

Oct 30, 2017

With the detailed examples & helpful information, really think I can use them in both work & life.

By Vaibhav S

Mar 27, 2020

This is so constructive and well explained course on improving skills in communication. Thank you

By Tuhin

Jan 28, 2018

Easy to understand, amazing content but so hard to imbibe. I will come back and re do this course

By Kevin G

Jul 25, 2017

Definitely something new here for everyone to learn. We can all improve our communication skills.

By Adaji S E

Apr 30, 2020

I am delighted to have completed this course, I must say, this was truly enriching and educative

By Karel S

Apr 24, 2020

I loved the experience with this course. I enjoyed doing it. The professor was absolutely great.

By Tinsae .

Feb 5, 2021

I enjoyed it very much and I learned a lot from it. The examples were very helpful. Thank you!

By Adriana H

Feb 19, 2020

I am learning so much in this course. I appreciate the opportunity from my company to attend.

By Ajorundon O

Jan 31, 2020

Good course for everyday and professional communication skills that yields favourable results

By Fernando A T L

Jul 9, 2018

Excelente curso, temas muy interesantes, muy bien explicados, con muchos ejemplos muy claros.

By Anton L

Feb 17, 2021

Thanks to Prof. Schweitzer, this was one of the best courses I have ever been able to take.

By Long P

Nov 25, 2020

Very interesting course and has given some insight to different views on the topics covered

By Andrew J P

May 15, 2017

Great course for anyone looking to learn about and improve their own communication skills

By Carla A G

Dec 3, 2019

Exceptional to understand some patterns among rivals and to improve communication skills

By Josianne M

Liked the way the professor gave great examples and provided an in-depth understanding.

By Krish R

Mar 24, 2020

this course was really fun and got a clear understanding about effective communication

By Lise Y

Aug 2, 2018

Great information here delivered in a direct and easily absorbed format. Thank you!

By Rajeev V

Jun 4, 2020

Great contents. Well presented. Easy examples but well connecting to the subject.

By Avik C

May 9, 2021

This is a very good course covering many areas, which we don't generally think.