Back to Improving Communication Skills

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Improving Communication Skills by University of Pennsylvania

Learn how to communicate more effectively at work and achieve your goals. Taught by award-winning Wharton professor and best-selling author Maurice Schweitzer, Improving Communications Skills is an essential course designed to give you both the tools you need to improve your communication skills, and the most successful strategies for using them to your advantage. You'll learn how to discover if someone is lying (and how to react if they are), how to develop trust, the best method of communication for negotiation, and how to apologize. You'll also learn when to cooperate and when to compete, how to create persuasive messages, ask thoughtful questions, engage in active listening, and choose the right medium (face-to-face conversation, video conference, phone call, or email) for your messages. By the end of the course, you'll be able to understand what others want, respond strategically to their wants and needs, craft convincing and clear messages, and develop the critical communication skills you need to get ahead in business and in life....

MG

Mar 12, 2020

This course surpassed my expectation. I can not only apply what I have learned in my professional life but also can help me to improve some personal aspects, like communication with my family members.

DJ

Feb 29, 2020

I loved the course, its is simple clear and share a critical view on how we can communicate.\n\nThe examples and teaching helped in understanding and diagnosis of each problem in communication.

26 - 50 of 209 Reviews for Improving Communication Skills

By Sharad A

Nov 10, 2019

Excellent material on important topics that are usually taken for granted or dealt with intuitively, and often incorrectly. A highly recommended course to better understand the way of the world, and equip oneself to deal with it, and transform it to a global good.

By Michele C

Oct 08, 2017

I really enjoyed the course.

I have learn smooch about communication by considering my counterpart first and also by considering her/his implicit communication.

Most of the topics touched in the course are very helpful in my daily working life.

Thank you for that.

By Shapkina E

Mar 24, 2019

That was a challenging course. A lot of new vocabulary and course by itself took a lot attention and time from me. I am happy I completed it and I wish now to read all notes and start applying knowledge in practice. Thanks for this course. Regards, Elizaveta.

By Hrishikesh

Oct 10, 2017

Brilliant course. Coming from the field of design, these communication skills are extremely important when dealing with clients and with users. The instructor provided plenty of examples to explain the concepts he was teaching. The load was not heavy either!

By Anthony M

Mar 03, 2018

I enjoyed taking this course. It is a good survey/overview of the topic. You'll probably be looking for more detailed courses or references after this one. The instructor speaks clearly, is entertaining, and is easy to understand.

By Muhammad F F

Aug 13, 2017

It was very interesting and very informative Course, normally we do these thing is our daily personal and professional life but this course let me understand to do it in proper way and order to achieve success and credibility.

By Zen M

Dec 21, 2018

Wonderful course material! Videos and lecture slides offered excellent insights into human behavior, particularly deception and apologies. This class is a must for anyone looking to communicate with large groups at scale!

By Arif M

Apr 04, 2018

Very good learning... I think there are lots of story in a single lesson which makes me confused some situations and points. May be its happen only to me but i think you should construct the course layout more simply

By Leona C C Y

Nov 25, 2017

I love the systematic and organized structure, content and context, the knowledge of communication skills are useful and practical, I will make the best use of them into my daily life. Thank you Professor Maurice!

By Isabelle W

Mar 03, 2019

I think the content of the course will probably be different to what you thought it would, but it's definitely worthy of trying. Really useful and easy to comprehend, especially with proper amounts of examples.

By Olesia A

Mar 03, 2018

The crucial concepts of social interactions are covered and some applications are discussed. I like the fact that professors draws upon examples from politics, criminal justice, international relations.

By Maria G

Mar 12, 2020

By Deepak E J

Feb 29, 2020

By Abdul-Rahman J

Mar 10, 2018

What a great class!! I enjoyed every bit of it! and learned alot about how trust and deception work. The mechanism of Goal setting and ideas about how to have an effective conversation.

By Anton K

Mar 23, 2020

In a simple, effective and positive manner this course offers a deep exploration of different communication skills and helps to bring more awareness in every conversation. Thank you.

By Tomas R

Feb 25, 2019

Great material, the professor does a great job explaining complex topics in a straightforward and plain way. You will get very insightful takeaways for your life and work afterwords.

By Pamela F

Nov 11, 2019

I really learned more about my own communication skills with this course. I will utilize the skills leaned to be a better communicator, also be a more efficient goal setter.

By Roslyn V P

Sep 02, 2019

I found this course to be insightful. The new perspectives will help build my mindfulness of the best ways to conduct conversations to create positive outcomes and impact.

By Ankush D

Mar 04, 2019

I love the course and the kind of explanation used by the creator is through and specific. The Examples used are appropriate and It helps a viewer to understand with ease.

By Deepti S

Aug 05, 2019

Very interesting course and wonderfully delivered by Professor Maurice Schweitzer. It was an immense value addition to me. Enjoyed every bit of the course. Thank you.

By 王尚

Feb 17, 2018

The skills mentioned in the course are both useful and practical.I am much more confident when communicating with others now.Thank you,Professor Schweitze.

ヾ(≧▽≦*)o

By CHIH T S

Apr 07, 2018

As a business development professional, this course helps me to hone in my communication skill, as well as gaining insights to tips that I didn't know about.

By khurram.naseer

Oct 10, 2017

Excellent course. I really enjoyed & It was a great learning experience for me. It helped me focus & think about different aspects of communication skills.

By Shafay S

Oct 12, 2017

Very informative training and course material. thank you for your kind guidance during the sessions. really enjoyed the sessions with real time examples.

By Sandra S N

Mar 25, 2020

Very informative, with useful everyday information. I enjoyed this section very much. I liked how the professor used actual stories to explain details.