Back to Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content by University of Pennsylvania

Ever wondered why some things become popular, and other don't? Why some products become hits while others flop? Why some ideas take off while others languish? What are the key ideas behind viral marketing? This course explains how things catch on and helps you apply these ideas to be more effective at marketing your ideas, brands, or products. You'll learn how to make ideas stick, how to increase your influence, how to generate more word of mouth, and how to use the power of social networks to spread information and influence. Drawing on principles from his best-selling book, "Contagious: Why Things Catch On," Professor Jonah Berger illustrates successful strategies for you to use buzz to create virality so that your campaigns become more shareable on social media and elsewhere. By the end of this course, you'll have a better understanding of how to craft contagious content, build stickier messages, and get any product, idea, or behavior to catch on....

NR

Jul 26, 2020

Educational and eye opening, the instructor offered amazing content with examples and links to further look into the topics mentioned. A great tool to have for anyone in business, sales, or marketing.

RC

Dec 21, 2018

Pleasant tone, many tangible illustrations that bring the theory to life. Well-balanced pace. Could be complemented by a practical exercise - but perfect for working professionals who have less time.

226 - 250 of 1,302 Reviews for Viral Marketing and How to Craft Contagious Content

By James H

Aug 31, 2019

The course teach me lots of stratagies and methods that make me get to know about how the contagious marketing skills are crafted. It is really helpful to my future developement.

By Idan L

Sep 22, 2017

Finally a course that breaks down the components of what is engaging (or at least memorable) and what is not. It would actually have been longer! I would have loved to hear more.

By Shubham J

Aug 19, 2016

Professor Jonah has beautifully captured and simply explained the real life examples around us. The found the course really intriguing. Moreover, it isn't very demanding as well!

By Carlos A

It's very fun to watch with some brilliant Ad examples. It's only too expensive for me to buy a certificate (87€ for a 4 hour course isn't worth it). Anyways, loved the course !

By Mah

Sep 14, 2020

It was a great course.

Would you please let me know when you will send my certificate?

Seyedeh Fatemeh Mostafvai Shirazi

PhD in Tourism Business and Marketing

By Mike H

Feb 10, 2018

Great Course. You been to develop a thought process that enables you to underrstand how crafting content to engage social and the different strategies depending on the product

By Michelle M

Mar 17, 2017

The course was presented in a manner that kept me engaged every step of the way. It helped me to think about my business marketing differently. Thank you for this introduction.

By Anna V

Jan 26, 2016

Insightful course with basics of communications provided in understandable well-structured and concise format. Friendly professor and a lot of illustrative examples. Perfect :)

By Marta M B C T d V

This course is really useful, because it starts by giving a general idea about Viral Marketing and then, It describes each topic and helps to better understand the phenomenom.

By S D F

May 04, 2020

I loved learning new things about how to make ideas stick and opened my eyes to how I can best use my network and leverage my ideas moving forward. Definitely would recommend.

By Maurizio M

Apr 11, 2020

Why some things are popular is not random, it´s a science, a science that is explained here. Incredible Course, learned a lot from it and will now apply it in my businesses!

By Taylor A R

Jun 23, 2020

Prof. Berger is an engaging professor. The case studies helped solidify & better understand the concepts. Even if you have a marketing background, this is a great refresher.

By Paresh B

Mar 05, 2016

The contents of this course is just awesome and a must do course for anyone looking for an expertise in marketing.

Thank you Coursera for making this course available to us.

By Kevin R

Apr 22, 2018

Very helpful and informative. Easy to follow and the lecturer is clear and concise with everything.

I definitely learned a lot and can use these strategies in the workplace

By Vivek S

Aug 02, 2017

This course was extremely engaging and useful. Clear examples and amazing explanations. I learned a lot from it and I will definitely implement everything that was taught.

By Wandile M

Jan 02, 2020

The professor shares really great concepts that break down how social marketing works. I was able to analyse my own campaigns and identify ways that I could improve them.

By Садыков Ч З

Nov 07, 2018

Professor Berger is a talented lecturer who is equally charismatic and competent. The clash of a theory with practical examples was more like fireworks. Wonderful course.

By Clemdon S R B

Jul 19, 2017

It was an excellent experience all together and fell like i am in a better position to do my work as it relates to marketing. Thank you so much for making this available.

By Jeremiah N

Aug 22, 2020

My first course on Coursera and there was a lot of valuable information within each lesson. The presenter was awesome and the content was very relative and entertaining.

By Kathleen K

Jun 03, 2020

Professor Berger and this Viral Marketing course are amazing! I learned so much that will help me while finishing undergrad, as well as help me as I move into my career!

By Elizabeth R

Sep 07, 2018

I felt like I knew stuff, having already been in media. I was wrong. Thank you to the prof for the wonderful course where I learnt how to hone my craft to get more hits.

By Keith D

Feb 06, 2017

Loved it!! I covered some of the content in my Masters course so it was really good to watch the videos and get a much better understanding of the topic. Great presenter

By Fei D

Jul 21, 2020

This course is absolutely amazing. Very very concise and easy to understand that came with powerful content. I learned a lot about the science behind "viral" marketing!

By Ritika S

Jul 03, 2020

It is awesome! For anyone who is new to marketing as a subject, this is just the right course for you with an amazing Professor who has abundant knowledge in the field!

By Aris D

Oct 27, 2016

Inspiring, well-taught and overall a great introduction in understanding why some ideas spread more than others. I loved every minute of it and i totally recommend it.