Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

AA

Apr 06, 2017

Perfect Course for those who want to inquire insight and knowledge of how tons of data that we generate in our day to day life is being utilized by big organizations in optimizing their productivity.

151 - 175 of 1,772 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Murali K K

Jan 29, 2016

It is great for starters. Gives good insights and takes through into the subject, but it only shows how analytics is in the world today, I was expecting a little more detail. And the assignments are not of good standard.

By Gopikrishna

Mar 24, 2019

Fantastic and Great Course for anyone who is interested to Learn Marketing Analytics and to understand Consumer Behaviour!!!

Great Sessions from Expert Group. Thoroughly Enjoyed Learning this Course!!!!

Thanks to All!!!!!

By Alexandra T

Dec 27, 2016

Interesting material taught by a seasoned faculty. Tests may have emphasized rote learning more than comprehension, however format of the course compensated by being designed for material absorption and further reading.

By Praveen P V R

Nov 14, 2016

A really good course. With an interest in Analytics, this course taught me about the countless opportunities available, and forced me to think in a broader perspective of using data to influence decisions in my company.

By Abhishek J

Oct 06, 2016

This course is really helpful for the one who wants to have the basic insight into Data Analytics. This course works as a stepping stone into Data Analytics and generates enough curiosity to pursue in this field further

By Ha V N

Apr 21, 2020

Highly recommend this course for those who wanna develop career in Marketing/Business Analytics

Especially week5 module is a very informative module with real life examples . Thank you to all lecturers and Coursera team

By Devansh M

Jul 23, 2017

Loved Eric Bradlow and his chapter in the course. Great delivery of content and some of the most interesting concepts were laid out which tied the whole course together. Great introduction course to customer analytics.

By Shivam K

Nov 19, 2018

It was an amazing experience. Though the course won't provide much of a mathematical side to analytics but holds strong grounds in decision making and ways a person should think before landing upon the final decision.

By Md N A A

Jul 28, 2017

The idea and content of this course is excellent. The latest need of industry is considered in this course. I learnt many new things which was not known to me before doing this course. I want to thank coursera team.

By Nicolás G B

Apr 15, 2020

I'd die for an actual full course on data mining and market and consumer research. Very theorical, though I'm glad I now have a more wider concept on said subjects and can autonomously look to go deeper into them!

By Sidharth R

Aug 19, 2019

Great lectures and content that was explained very well for beginners to Business Analytics. I especially enjoyed the interesting topics discussed by Eric Bradlow about the applications and case studies in week 5.

By Lucas F d O S

Jan 17, 2019

One of the best introductory-level courses I've ever seen online: there is a fine balance between using entry-level language and concepts and, at the same time, providing high-level relevant information. Awesome!

By Govind S

Oct 21, 2018

This is a very useful course for beginners, concepts are explained very nicely and at a very easy pace. The last week is used to explain the use of all those concepts and gives examples from day to day business.

By Jose M

Aug 21, 2016

Really Good course. Lecturers are brilliant explaining the concepts via samples which everybody can understand. You may need to have a little bit of statistic knowledge but it is not essential to do the course.

By Okulov A

Jul 03, 2018

This course helped me to acquire general knowledge and the basics of customer analytics. I am very grateful to the lecturers of this course for the very accessible and interesting presentation of the material!

By Mark H

Sep 22, 2017

Great course. Engaging professors and real world content. I will apply concepts here to our Goodwill Industries of KY operation. We have a large retail presence and loads of data to study. Thank you - Mark

By Swetha J

Nov 10, 2018

Excellent course on customer analytics. The concepts and methodology to approach the customer analytics were explained in a very lucid and easily understandable manner. A BIG thank you for a wonderful course.

By Nurul H I

Content is easy to follow. Lecturers are not boring. They are very passionate and delivering the lectures in distinctive ways that manage to capture my attention. Appropriate range of resources are provided.

By Orlando C

Dec 11, 2017

Helpful for anyone currently in or seeking to enter marketing or product development as a profession. This course demonstrates skills useful for developing an analytical mindset around customer centricity.

By Kiet F

Dec 09, 2016

The professors deliver the content of the course in an easily consumable fashion. They provide real world examples of customer analytics. I truly benefited from this course and from the insights presented.

By Anton W

Mar 05, 2016

Great overview of the marketing analytics field, delivered by top lecturers from the academy. It helps extend understanding on the principles of descriptive, predictive, prescriptive and their application.

By WEYINMI K A

Dec 15, 2015

This was a eye opener for me. I can now make good sense of big data. I highly recommend this course. The value of the knowledge gained is mind-blowing and more resourceful than imagined. Thanks Coursera :)

By Samuel G

Mar 30, 2018

It's absolutely relevant to the real world problems and situations. The lecturer delivered the materials, which are also arranged properly, perfectly in terms of timing and conciseness. Very up-to-date.

By Francisco A O A

Mar 07, 2016

Excellent couse on "Customer Analytics", my first ever. Excellent teaching quality and the video-lectures are with the Wharton stamp. I am excited to complete the "Business Analytics Specialization".

By Portia T J

Feb 03, 2020

The course is very good. I have learned a lot from the course. A lot of interesting topics and help me to under the marketing. I will for sure continue learning more courses from this specialization.