Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

Nov 15, 2016

Amazing course for even beginners in the field of customer analytics. Highly recommend to do this course for enhancing the analytical skills. Examples and case studies explains the concept very well.

101 - 125 of 1,442 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Philip C

Jul 17, 2018

The course has very current and exciting contents offered by the best tutors.

By Jose B

Jul 18, 2018

Great intro to descriptive, predictive and prescriptive. Good simple excel examples. Quizz questions are convoluted at times IMHO and I am PhD. (not talking about the anti-regurgitation questions. I liked those.) It hard to make quizz questions to really test knowledge... KEY concepts RFM, NPS, regression. missing: correlation matrix perhaps. would like to see a full case such as capital one or UPS. review of industry tools in descriptive was useful. Cool that you show the campus... This is my desk, this is my backyard where I had this aha moment, here is the cafeteria... :)

By Daniel M

Jul 21, 2018

Crisp and clear overview of customer analytics. The course has definitely increased my interest in customer analytics!

By Varun M

Jul 24, 2018

its amazing af

By Deepankar S

Jul 23, 2018

Great experience as well s learning.

I thank all the professors for their guidance and hard work .

By Himanshu A V

Jul 24, 2018

Please improve prescriptive analytics section.

It seemed that it is no where related to predictive analysitcs section. Predictive analytics spoke how to predict future. Prescirtive analytics should have mentioned about how to use predictions for converting into actions.

By Yamagani V

Jul 28, 2018

Excellent course course for analytics aspirants, well explained by highly experienced faculty.

By Jose A P

Jan 10, 2017

I was truly fascinated by the quality of the professors in terms of knowledge as well as the readings offered.

By Pranjal S

May 21, 2017

Excellent Course. Excellent Professors. Really opened my mind to the possibilities of using Data for far superior Business results. The Industry wide examples were eye openers.

By Angela M

Jul 03, 2018

Very good introductory course to the high level concepts of customer analytics and interesting insights into how some companies are using it. Whets the appetite for getting more hands on with the models. It was a nice follow on from the Introduction to Marketing course from the Business Foundations specialisation (also Wharton)

By Vignesh D

Jan 09, 2016

Very good course to understand the advanced analytics practices followed in the modern day sales and marketing profession and how our day to day actions and experiences are linked to it.

By Milantha B E

Feb 11, 2016

Very Helpful..... :)

By Tejas R D

Nov 24, 2015

Well crafted and good content. Very helpful in learning the business thinking that needs to be done with all the analysis.

By Diego R M

Jun 20, 2017

Excelente!

By Koey H

Sep 27, 2015

I really enjoyed the module. It was brief but opened up new perspectives nonetheless. I love the flow and structure of the course. Every professor was concise and great teachers - I personally found the summary at the end of each week's module particularly useful. I also want to say thanks to Prof Fader and Prof Bradlow for their impassioned lecture modules. It was such a great privilege to be able to be part of this Customer Analytics module on Coursera offered by the Wharton School.

Cheers, Koey, from Singapore.

By thanushkodi

Oct 18, 2015

One of the best courses i took. This gave a lot of new sense about data and it serves as a platform connecting marketing and analytics. Thanks to Coursera and Wharton for giving me an opportunity to learn about customer analytics . I want more courses from Wharton.

Thanking U

By CAI B

Dec 18, 2016

very good

By Bentley H

Jan 25, 2016

Important for market development.

By Eduardo C

Feb 23, 2016

Fantastic! I never had a chance to see analytics from this point of view and so amazing to discover how to implement this for my profissional life!

By 赵丹

Oct 07, 2015

v

By Wong W M

May 12, 2016

Fantastic teachings and professional learning materials!

By Messias M U

Dec 29, 2015

My rating is what I expect from the course!

By Saptarshi D

May 13, 2018

Dear professors. I thank you all from the bottom of my heart for taking the course. I have umpteen quantity of marketing analytics knowledge already. The quality of the professors at Wharton makes me crave for an admission there! Thank you so much again! Thank you Coursera!

By M. M K H

Apr 08, 2017

Very Good. Want to do next courses.

By Stacia S

Mar 25, 2018

Highly informative! The course delivery (i.e. lectures) was clear and interesting, especially supported with various real-life examples on how companies utilize and monetize analytics. Also, the course has inspired me to be more involved in analytics-related roles in my job.