Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

MA

Aug 05, 2020

This course includes a comprehensive overview of the all the basic models that are used to analyze data concerning customer behavior. The real-life examples made it easier to relate to those theories.

ND

Jan 31, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

126 - 150 of 2,062 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Shariq l

Jul 02, 2020

This course has broadened my knowledge in the area of customer analytics. The Professor's capability to explain fundamental terms really helps to understand the nature of different kinds of customer analytics. I thoroughly and trying to make the most of this course.

By kaitlyn a

Feb 18, 2019

Learned so much about how we can use customer data to better understand our clientele, on an aggregate level, but also on a very granular level :) This course should be taken by every business professional looking to gain a better understanding on their customer.

By Rangga I P

Mar 17, 2019

I do love this course, it gives me a broader knowledge about marketing especially in the field of Customer analytics. Knowing the right customer, how to manage them, etc are the biggest challenge for all company in the world. In this course you will learn a lot.

By Philipus Y

Jun 06, 2018

I really love this course, all of the teachers are doing great at explain and giving real case study. I learn a lot from this course, especially it makes me aware about how the business doing with all data they have. I really recommend to take this full course.

By Abbos-Ali

Jan 23, 2018

The course opened my eyes to the field of Customer Analytics. There are so many applications of it in everything that we do in life. The professors are great and cover all types of Analytics required for the company to succeed in today's highly analytical world.

By Nirupama P V

Oct 05, 2020

This is an excellent course- the theory and examples are amazing, the quizzes especially really make you think through the content and apply all that we learned. The supplemental reading is extremely useful as well. Fabulous experience completing this course!

By Eleonora G

Apr 03, 2017

Great course! I am the general manager of a small manufacture firm, it gave me insight to things I can do to improve in my work. I already did the RFM to my clients, so we can manage are resources to our clients base in the revenue that each of them give us.

By Samriddha P

Jun 12, 2020

Excellent course content for beginners. The course gives you a peek into the world of analytics with some real-life examples from successful organizations today. Recommended to someone who has just started to explore the realms of analytics. Insightful!

By Prashanth R

Jun 13, 2018

This course provides a high-level knowledge about Customer Analytics . I would suggest this course for a person who is really interested to learn the basics of Data Analytics and real time applications of Customer Analytics. Worth the time ! Informative !

By Nyasha G

Oct 20, 2020

A great, straight-forward introduction to complex information that I am going to use as a guide for further reading and learning. Useful as an overview or background knowledge on its own but to be applicable you have to do some more work. Very impressed.

By Adhistya F

Nov 21, 2019

The course taught me lots of things that I didn't get in a traditional analytics type in my country right now. Sessions which lectured by Prof. Erick was really amazing on how firms can utilize their customer data to make their business decisions better.

By Samer T

Jun 30, 2020

This Course provides a solid understanding of what Customer Analytics is, from describing customer behavior, customer scoring using RFM Analysis and predicting the future to turnning it into effective actions.

Thank you Coursera for this amazing Course!

By Pennyhsu

Mar 18, 2018

This course is practical, which gives a general picture on customer analytic work. It allows me to follow the directions in which I am interested to go deeper, meanwhile to start use the theory also the tool I learned in this course into my real work.

By Niharika J B

Sep 04, 2017

I have learnt a lot from this course. However, I need to mention that there doesn't seem to be active discussions. Do professors answer queries. I asked one question, but since that wasn't answered, I did not ask more. I feel I am alone in the class!

By Prateek A

Dec 08, 2016

The course is well planned and well executed. The course materials have a lot of effort in them, the professors have laid out the course in very simple terms keeping in mind the complex nature of the course itself. Was a wonderful experience for me.

By Edmund V

Feb 27, 2019

Great introductory course to get one thinking about customers and data. I'm really happy I started with this course as a foundation to course before digging deeper into statistics and programming (R & Python) bringing the bigger picture into focus.

By Antonia J L

Jan 01, 2017

I am totally new to Customer Analytics, this course is very helpful for me to build up the path for being an analyst in Customer Analytics. The course sessions are quite interesting and the materials are start-of-the-art. Very good course to follow!

By Hemant K V

Nov 09, 2019

I consider myself fortunate to have completed the prestigious course of CUSTOMER ANALYTICS. It really enhanced to my knowledge to a great extent in terms of correct analysations of customers' behaviours, demands and other vital aspects of business.

By Tanuja B

Nov 05, 2017

This course really gets you to challenge your skills at analysing data and the power that it holds.

I would recommend this course to practically everybody- you need to know your customer better!

Thank you for an amazing learning experience Wharton.

By Sanil S

May 12, 2018

A basic course that provided me insights into Customer and Data analytics with real life case studies. I would recommend anyone into this field to take this course as it provides you an holistic view about customers and ways to analyse data sets.

By Trinadh

Mar 23, 2016

Great insight, unfolded a high level yet detailed exposure into customer analytics, with all the resesarch going in the space and the near term and long term futuristic possiblities. Unfolded beyond regression analysis, with probabilistic models.

By Tang H

Sep 04, 2019

The content is not as dense as I expected. Overall, all the professors are giving an incredibly clear framework of customer analytics. I learned a lot. Most appreciative for all the efforts and hard work of Prof. Iyengar, Bradlow, Fader, Berman.

By HANH T L

Oct 21, 2019

The course is really useful with fantastic way of lectures delivery. Many thanks to the Professors attending for sharing their professional but easy-to-understand knowledge about business analysis and how to apply it for marketing in practice!

By Nicole C

Feb 04, 2019

A great introductory course. I had most of the material before so it was a good synthesis. If one has not had much of the material, it may be a bit confusing especially as the quizzes (especially #3) seem to presume more than lectures cover.