Back to Customer Analytics

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Customer Analytics by University of Pennsylvania

Data about our browsing and buying patterns are everywhere. From credit card transactions and online shopping carts, to customer loyalty programs and user-generated ratings/reviews, there is a staggering amount of data that can be used to describe our past buying behaviors, predict future ones, and prescribe new ways to influence future purchasing decisions. In this course, four of Wharton’s top marketing professors will provide an overview of key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, prescriptive analytics, and their application to real-world business practices including Amazon, Google, and Starbucks to name a few. This course provides an overview of the field of analytics so that you can make informed business decisions. It is an introduction to the theory of customer analytics, and is not intended to prepare learners to perform customer analytics. Course Learning Outcomes: After completing the course learners will be able to... Describe the major methods of customer data collection used by companies and understand how this data can inform business decisions Describe the main tools used to predict customer behavior and identify the appropriate uses for each tool Communicate key ideas about customer analytics and how the field informs business decisions Communicate the history of customer analytics and latest best practices at top firms...

MA
Aug 4, 2020

This course includes a comprehensive overview of the all the basic models that are used to analyze data concerning customer behavior. The real-life examples made it easier to relate to those theories.

ND
Jan 30, 2019

Though I have worked on Customer Analytics with my previous work experiences and also on Surveys etc at George Brown College Canada, this module was more than insightful. Lots of learning to learn eh!

351 - 375 of 2,083 Reviews for Customer Analytics

By Rahul D

May 1, 2017

Course gives a good foundational understanding of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics which can be used to manage customers better.

By Tijana Z

Oct 9, 2020

The course was very helpful and valuable. More details regarding application and models and quantitative application would be even more valuable.

By Himanshu P

Jul 4, 2020

Probably the best bunch of professors ever to teach this course. I had a thorough understanding and the language was clear and simple. THANK YOU!

By Olivier B N

Dec 12, 2019

I have been interested in Business Analytics and Data Science, this has been the first step that started my journey.

Thanks a lot to everyone.

Olv.

By AJAY E

May 28, 2019

It gives you a clear insight about how a consumer makes his buying decision and how to make business decision based on customers buying patterns.

By Jacqueline L

Oct 31, 2017

Truly enjoyed this course as it gave me insights to how we should be looking at data and the value one can derive to facilitate decision making.

By Hashim N

Dec 21, 2016

This is an excellent course ; the trainers are great and the content is very relevant and explained in an easy to understand yet concise manner.

By Huang J

Dec 25, 2015

A very good introductory course in customer analytics which strikes a balance between theory and practical examples. Enjoyed the course greatly.

By Dana P

Jul 10, 2020

Very good materials & presenter. Some quizzes are pretty tough to crack, make you run through the course materials again and really take notes.

By Mohit A

Jun 18, 2020

Now I have understood how analytics is important. But for more exposure, I need to apply it practically to solve real-time problems and issues.

By Idsarut S

Great content, Still useful even I watched this in 2020. Expect a bit more detail on calculation side and/or sample case especially on week 2-3

By Pramod T J

May 3, 2020

Excellent course. It provided me an insight into customer lifetime value. The material that I learned in this course will help me in my career.

By Silvio A G B

Mar 1, 2019

thank you very much for the opportunity, it seemed a very interensate, dynamic and entertaining course, loaded with a lot of useful information

Mar 18, 2018

I did enjoy this course: very fruitful and practical. I would like to deeply appreciate this opportunity and strongly recommend it to everyone.

By Nato w

Sep 16, 2016

The course gave me a deeper understanding of the technological development and drive in industry to automate interactive processes. Insightful!

By Suraj K

Jul 24, 2016

customer analytics are the basic things and one should know how things going to work. i am happy that i have successfully completed the course

By Anthony N

Mar 2, 2016

Interesting thoughts on all aspects of customer and market analytics.

Additional course resources were very useful to me in my current job role.

By Sahar S A

Oct 29, 2020

This has been a wholistic experience for me. The course has fueled my interest in the subject to explore its endless possibilities. Thank you!

By Nicholas S

Jun 21, 2020

A great introduction to the granular world of customer analytics, not just the marketing world through analytics. I would highly recommend it!

By Francis A

Extremely useful. Would be great if more practical exercises would be included, however that was outlined in the beginning, so can't complain.

By Jawdat A R

Dec 14, 2015

By far the best course I have taken. Cant wait to complete this specialization. Thanks to the whole team for offering this course on Coursera.

By Srinivasan V

Aug 2, 2018

A mix of technical stuff explained in simplified language. The Advanced Management Science bit was mind boggling. Amazing knowledge transfer.

By Maryia M

Mar 8, 2016

Exciting material and talented instructors! One of the amazing parts is the applicable to real life CLV model with an R package. Many thanks!

By Jason M

Nov 19, 2015

This course gave us pretty advanced concept and technologies on customer analytics. It opened a window for us to dive into it more in future.

By Nicole K

Mar 11, 2019

I really enjoyed this course. There was a good mix of numerical theories and general concepts. It'll definitely come in handy in the future.