Back to Decision-Making and Scenarios

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Decision-Making and Scenarios by University of Pennsylvania

This course is designed to show you how use quantitative models to transform data into better business decisions. You’ll learn both how to use models to facilitate decision-making and also how to structure decision-making for optimum results. Two of Wharton’s most acclaimed professors will show you the step-by-step processes of modeling common business and financial scenarios, so you can significantly improve your ability to structure complex problems and derive useful insights about alternatives. Once you’ve created models of existing realities, possible risks, and alternative scenarios, you can determine the best solution for your business or enterprise, using the decision-making tools and techniques you’ve learned in this course....

SR
Apr 22, 2017

The course material and examples are very useful. I really like the CF spreadsheet at the end of week 4 as this is very organized CF model and I can use this as reference to build my own. Thank you!

AU
Feb 6, 2020

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

26 - 50 of 202 Reviews for Decision-Making and Scenarios

By ARVIND K S

Jun 6, 2018

Thank you for the wonderful course. It gave us substantial information to evaluate a project based on NPV and IRR. The sensitivity analyses and the consequent scenarios were spelt out lucidly.

By Ronald I W

May 5, 2017

Great course. Concise and to the point. Explained clearly making it easier for those not that familiar with finance to follow. I have recommended it to a few people wanting a better understanding of NPV and IRR.

By Paminder S K

Apr 27, 2020

Excellent program flow. The instructors used simple language in lectures with suitable examples at each stage to explain complicated concepts. This program is very useful and can be applied in real situations.

By Emmanuel O B

Sep 20, 2017

Hands on and very incisive training. I'm so glad I took this course. Thanks and very well done to the team, especially Professor Robert Holthausen and Professor Richard Lambert. I'm most grateful. Cheers!

By Shisa R

Apr 23, 2017

By Marta G V

Apr 28, 2020

Very useful training to actually expand my knowledge regarding decision making in new projects. I have found the content of the course very useful, the way of teaching really focused and amusing.

By Cory E

Jun 11, 2019

I took 2 full semesters of accounting courses in college and did not get the understanding of the material as well as I did in these modules. This course is wonderful and very eye-opening!

By Victor O

Nov 5, 2016

Es un excelente curso. Lo recomiendo ampliamente para quienes tienen nociones básicas o intermedias de finanzas. Interesante la aproximación al tema que utilizan los profesores. Gracias.

By Richard O

Sep 19, 2020

The Professors do a great job of bringing together the financial concepts, MS Excel as a tool and asking questions to evaluate alternative scenarios to inform better decision-making.

By Ernani H M J

Jun 17, 2019

Great course! I think it's the best finance course I've ever taken! A different view from other courses, with more details when analyzing Decision-Making which is completely worthy!

By Rotem C

Apr 24, 2020

The course taught and highlighted concepts in a clear, comprehensive and friendly way.

Another very good velue out of this class was how to better-use excel spreadsheet.

Thanks!

By tim r

Jan 22, 2018

Excellent course. This material has helped me to fine tune my skills setting up the spreadsheets and utilizing scenarios to find where the risk associated with projects are.

By Raghavendra A

Apr 14, 2019

Very practical, precise and applicable. Love the Excel Sheets and the explanation in helping differentiate metrics vs judging scenarios while getting the numbers right.

By Shivam C

Oct 2, 2018

Best course to understand the project valuation and the concept of IRR and NPV. Awesome way of explanation with real examples.

Thank you coursera for being my Mentor.

By Anna F D

Jun 15, 2020

This course was very insightful. It's a great refresher course if you have a finance background. It's also beginner-friendly if you do not have finance background.

By Muhammad F

Apr 18, 2020

I learn many things from this course which improved my skill in corporation's financial planning. I believe that this skill can help me getting jobs in the future.

By Andrew J

Feb 16, 2019

This is a solid course on financial decision making. Highly recommended for those who work in operations management and on strategic initiatives and projects.

By Fahad A

Dec 26, 2018

Fantastic course. Great depth and and breadth within the scope of the subjects covered and explained quite complex concepts very clearly and systematically

By Saejong L

Oct 29, 2020

This course was great! It would be great to have more series covering the same topic that allows us students to practice building such models step by step

By EVANGELINA F

Aug 2, 2018

If anyone is interested to get a head start with excel and valuation, this is a great course. The best part is you can re-visit the videos for references.

By Mehul S

Sep 24, 2017

It is a nice course for those who want to revisit the concepts of NPV, IRR and those who want to understand about Financial Planning / Financial Modeling.

By J F

Jun 7, 2017

A little bit too much of a shift towards accounting during the latter half, but still an excellent short course. Learned a lot in a short amount of time.

By Jose A P N

Mar 14, 2017

The professors take you almost by the hand with the basic concepts but the one you must master in order to have a good solid foundation. Amazing course!!

By Chen C C

Dec 5, 2019

Undoubtedly, this is a great course to learn the financial modelling. However, students should equip with some basic knowledge of financial accounting

By Artem S

Jun 21, 2016

Found a lot of interesting and important information for me here. Excellent information on making prognosis tied with accounting and financial reports