Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AT

Dec 03, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

AT

Jun 09, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

251 - 275 of 1,796 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Carrie H C

May 27, 2016

The best lecture ever! As an entire newbie to the marketing world, I'd like to say that this was very helpful and enjoyable lessons. You can catch all up when following the professors. Totally recommendable!

By Javier S R

Apr 23, 2020

Is amazing how this courser take you in a world you probably even know already, like me. And this is just an introduction! I'm wondering about all the things can be made with more knowledge about Marketing.

By Richelle C E

Apr 01, 2019

As someone with a chemical engineering background in an FMCG company, it really helped me see a bigger perspective about the business. It also gave me an idea on how should I start my own business or brand.

By Saket B

Jul 17, 2017

Amazing Course gives you insight into how marketing works in real world and how to overcome the obstacles .A big thanks to all the 3 instructors they are genuinely good. Thanks for the course. i enjoyed it.

By Sovan K

Jun 24, 2017

Professor Fader was amazing. I now apply concepts of customer centricity to my ventures and is a core part of my marketing strategy. I achieve greater heights the more i delve into using data for marketing.

By Dorcas J P P

Sep 01, 2019

ME GUSTA BASTANTE ESTE CURSO, YA QUE PODEMOS APRENDER MAS, REALIZAR VARIAS TAREAS O CUESTIONARIOS PARA EJERCITAR NUESTRA MENTE Y SABER QUE FUE LO QUE APRENDIMOS...

YO APRENDÍ MUCHÍSIMO GRACIAS A ESTE CURSO.

By Alessio P

Nov 11, 2017

A lot of material presented clearly and very well. Great study material and references during the course.

Terrific value for money compared with similar online courses from other platforms and institutions.

By Christopher N J

Mar 29, 2017

Great course that makes you aware of other ways to view/position a business from a marketing perspective. Has a strong emphasis on the current trend of promoting and operating a customer centric business.

By Hesham

Mar 13, 2016

I love it, but I wish an Arabic subtitle for they have poor English, and that's my mail if you want any help in ( promoting the course when you translate it into Arabic Language ) - heshammoh80@gmail.com -

By Belle L

Very informative and interesting!

I think the concept taught here is very practical. It is amazed me how many companies still suffering from the focus of mass instead of the most critical customer target.

By Angel L K

Aug 18, 2019

Great Introduction to Marketing course taught by top Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania professors that I wouldn't have been able to experience without Coursera. I highly recommend this course.

By ABHIJAT S

Feb 18, 2018

The best lectures I have ever attended. One can have a deep understanding of Branding, Product & Customer centric market, marketing strategies , by attending this course. I am grateful to the Professors.

By Kate D

Feb 07, 2018

This was an in depth view of modern marketing. It's helpful for those trying to stay ahead of the curve. I really enjoyed listening to the different professors and all the real life examples they gave.

By Amirabbas S

Jun 08, 2016

this is what i was exactly looking for. each part of it is like Gold Mine. through the course i found the best solutions for different clients and i guess it is not just foundation, it is more than it.

By MANJU K

Feb 22, 2019

if of all i want to take this opportunity to thank all my lecturer for their knowledge

and time they have give to me

i really appreciate it i pray that i will do more to achieve my goal

By Michael A

Mar 22, 2016

This course was excellent - the professors were incredible as well as the subject material. I felt I learned a comparable amount from this short MOOC vs what I learned in some of my MBA courses!

Mike

By April K

Dec 06, 2015

I am really enjoying this course and the lessons are easy to follow. The instructor gives great examples to sum up each lesson and her explanations really hone in on what marketing actually entails.

By Marco T

Feb 01, 2017

You can have a view on the basic points of a marketing strategy: simple, effective, complete. You can listen, learn and if you like convert ideas on direct actions. Knowledge for action it's true.

By Canberk T

This course gives the basic tools to understand marketing explicitly.All professors were great and fantastic,especially professor Fader which impressed me by its knowledge on customer analytics.

By samir s

Apr 05, 2020

loved the fact that the course was taught by 3 professors each giving an in depth analysis of their area of expertise. Great course content and looking forward to the rest of the specialization!

By Naveen S

Jan 03, 2017

An excellent exposure to the world of marketing. The material presented was relevant and up to date with real world examples. The presentation was lucid, easy to understand and most interesting.

By Jethro A D

May 09, 2017

Amazing course that teaches the basics of Marketing. Everything taught in the course gives a good perspective on how to apply marketing principles in offline, most especially online businesses.

By Paul M

Nov 28, 2016

Loved the course. My only recommendation is to make the slides available so people can take notes on them as they view the videos. Allows for a more focused approach while reviewing the videos.

By LACINE D

Mar 13, 2017

I enjoyed this introduction to Marketing. The course medium is very entertaining and captured my attention. The professors gave a lot of real life examples of all the concepts they introduced.

By Karol V

Apr 09, 2020

It is a great course, I had no previous background on this specific topic and I learned a lot. The professors explain the whole topic very well, actually I had a lot of fun taking the course