Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

AS
Apr 29, 2021

Learnt a lot of concepts in marketing that were hiding in plain sight. I want to thank all the professors who were part of making this course and Wharton online for making this accessible to everyone.

AT
Dec 2, 2015

Learned a lot of things in this course. Have already started changing the way I think about pricing in my current position. I hope we get the opportunity to apply these concepts in Capstone project.

326 - 350 of 2,166 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Angel L K

Aug 18, 2019

Great Introduction to Marketing course taught by top Wharton School of University of Pennsylvania professors that I wouldn't have been able to experience without Coursera. I highly recommend this course.

By Abhijat S

Feb 18, 2018

The best lectures I have ever attended. One can have a deep understanding of Branding, Product & Customer centric market, marketing strategies , by attending this course. I am grateful to the Professors.

By Thảo Q N

Nov 14, 2020

This course gives me not only useful knowledge in Marketing but also inspiration to engage more in this field. I feel much more confident after learning this course and I'm ready to join the workforce.

By Kate D

Feb 6, 2018

This was an in depth view of modern marketing. It's helpful for those trying to stay ahead of the curve. I really enjoyed listening to the different professors and all the real life examples they gave.

By Amirabbas S

Jun 8, 2016

this is what i was exactly looking for. each part of it is like Gold Mine. through the course i found the best solutions for different clients and i guess it is not just foundation, it is more than it.

By Xavier P C

Apr 12, 2021

I really learned a lot of practical concepts about marketing. This course gave me strong foundations and updates to my carreer and business. Thank you so much for whta you teach through this platform.

By Manju K

Feb 22, 2019

if of all i want to take this opportunity to thank all my lecturer for their knowledge

and time they have give to me

i really appreciate it i pray that i will do more to achieve my goal

By Michael A

Mar 22, 2016

This course was excellent - the professors were incredible as well as the subject material. I felt I learned a comparable amount from this short MOOC vs what I learned in some of my MBA courses!

Mike

By April K

Dec 6, 2015

I am really enjoying this course and the lessons are easy to follow. The instructor gives great examples to sum up each lesson and her explanations really hone in on what marketing actually entails.

By Cidália E

Dec 28, 2021

The course covers the foundations on Marketing. It was clear and well explained. Thank you to the three Professors to teach with so much excitement, it certainty made my experience more enjoyable.

By marco t

Feb 1, 2017

You can have a view on the basic points of a marketing strategy: simple, effective, complete. You can listen, learn and if you like convert ideas on direct actions. Knowledge for action it's true.

By Canberk T

This course gives the basic tools to understand marketing explicitly.All professors were great and fantastic,especially professor Fader which impressed me by its knowledge on customer analytics.

By samir s

Apr 5, 2020

loved the fact that the course was taught by 3 professors each giving an in depth analysis of their area of expertise. Great course content and looking forward to the rest of the specialization!

By Naveen S

Jan 3, 2017

An excellent exposure to the world of marketing. The material presented was relevant and up to date with real world examples. The presentation was lucid, easy to understand and most interesting.

By Devan R

Aug 11, 2021

I liked this course. It included both basic and advanced marketing concepts. Week 3 was kind of boring, and often impractical to real life, however. Still, there was some useful info in week 3.

By Jethro A D

May 9, 2017

Amazing course that teaches the basics of Marketing. Everything taught in the course gives a good perspective on how to apply marketing principles in offline, most especially online businesses.

By Paul M

Nov 28, 2016

Loved the course. My only recommendation is to make the slides available so people can take notes on them as they view the videos. Allows for a more focused approach while reviewing the videos.

By LACINE D

Mar 13, 2017

I enjoyed this introduction to Marketing. The course medium is very entertaining and captured my attention. The professors gave a lot of real life examples of all the concepts they introduced.

By Karol V

Apr 9, 2020

It is a great course, I had no previous background on this specific topic and I learned a lot. The professors explain the whole topic very well, actually I had a lot of fun taking the course

By Marco N

Oct 31, 2018

This is my first online course at Wharton /Coursera. I'm in my '50, already have got my Degrees and these courses are perfect for people like me. I'm attending my second course, it is fun!

By Bridgette F

Oct 22, 2016

Good Class,Kept My Attention.The Instructors/Teachers Were Good About Explaining The Finer Points Of Marketing.Although I Don't Quite Understand How They Give Out Final Grades For The Class.

By Rishabh M

May 16, 2020

The perfect introduction to a very exciting branch of the MBA. This course has helped in broadening my horizons of thinking in addition to the everyday knowledge that it has imparted to me.

By Rahul P

Apr 27, 2020

It was really a deep dive into the field of marketing. There are lot of new things to be learned here. I am sure, now my purchase strategy and mindset would change while buying any product.

By Daniel

Jul 13, 2019

Very nice course, it makes you understand a business in the comercial perception, highly recommended for people working in operative areas who are not directly related with marketing areas.

By Alisa Z

Mar 11, 2018

very enjoyable learning! I really like the way how those professors organize their story line to teach! Hope there can be more coursers like this! Thanks Coursera for giving us this chance!