Back to Introduction to Marketing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Marketing by University of Pennsylvania

Taught by three of Wharton's top faculty in the marketing department, consistently ranked as the #1 marketing department in the world, this course covers three core topics in customer loyalty: branding, customer centricity, and practical, go-to-market strategies. You’ll learn key principles in - Branding: brand equity is one of the key elements of keeping customers in a dynamic world in which new startups are emerging constantly. - Customer centricity: not synonymous with customer service, customer centricity starts with customer focus and need-gathering. - Go-to-market strategies: understand the drivers that influence customers and see how these are implemented prior to making an investment. Complete this course as part of Wharton's Business Foundations Specialization, and you'll have the opportunity to take the Capstone Project and prepare a strategic analysis and proposed solution to a real business challenge from Wharton-governed companies like Shazam and SnapDeal or to a challenge faced by your own company or organization. Wharton-trained staff will evaluate the top submissions, and leadership teams at Shazam and SnapDeal will review the highest scoring projects prepared for their companies....

MK
Dec 10, 2015

Great! I am taking the course with almost no experience in this area. Really enjoyed this class and learned a lot. A lot of practical examples which helped me to understand all the parts. Thank you!

AT
Jun 8, 2017

This course enhanced my perspective, I took it parallel to my ongoing courese, the cases discussed in this module helped me to analyse the application of various marketing concepts. Thanks a lot...!

76 - 100 of 1,923 Reviews for Introduction to Marketing

By Renee A W

Dec 28, 2015

This course was truly informative! Although deemed an introductory course, the material was still presented in a very thorough and comprehensive manner with real world examples that helped to enhance the learning experience. It was pretty easy to make the link between the content and my very own business concept; helping me to work out the kinks in my approach to marketing. highly recommend this course!

By Zeel K

Apr 23, 2020

This course is very distinctive and very meticulously designed that gives u insights through all the basics and deeper in some cases, concepts of marketing. And I am really thankful to all the professors that explained very good concepts along with relevant and easy to understand examples. It takes you through all the basic and relevant concepts of marketing and helps you to develop your perspective.

By Mochammad F A

Dec 26, 2019

This course very encouraging and intriguing. Delivered with current issue and hot topics, like internet for marketing also e-commerce and startup activity. I can easily understand because this course bring perfect combination from theory and practical research. Honestly this course sharpen my knowledge and guide me to make a better decisions in my real life career also business management activity.

By Aleesa A H

Jun 19, 2017

Loved the material and lectures. Highly applicable concepts and examples. I incorporated some of the vocabulary into work communications each week. Would have liked an intro to the math involved in MBA-level marketing classes, that's what I was most hoping to test drive as I consider an MBA. Perhaps include some of that as side examples for those truly trying to decide if they could handle it?

By ANATOLIY P

Mar 8, 2017

The best part of this course is the discussion forum. Not only you have the material, but you have also an opportunity to discuss the subject with the brightest individuals from all over the world. Great course if you want to feel alive. If you want to experience a real collegiate atmosphere. I've made great friends on this course and they are still in touch with me via LinkedIn and Facebook.

By Aimee M

Feb 23, 2020

I thought this course was GREAT. I'm not a highly educated person so I was worried I'd be intimidated but I wasn't. The professors are very impressive people, no doubt, but they speak clearly and are interesting to listen to. I feel this course peaked my interest in the subject and I find it more fascinating than I did coming in. I'm also proud of my certificate and will share it with pride.

By Ricardo T F

Sep 12, 2017

very interesting, full of excellent content and very nice tezhers. The sond of professor Bell lecturs was somehow distorted and difficult to undertand. Suggestion is to e possible to award a participation certificate (not verifiable) to people who cannot pay the costs but have participated and been approved in the quizzes and final exam. Congratulations to the team and to Penn University!!!

By Minqi G

Jan 22, 2017

I especially like Professor Khan's lectures. The structure is well organized and very easy to follow. It gives me a quite good understanding on marketing basics. Customer centricity is more practical. The theory is very simple but the implementation is full of challenges. I really wish the contents could focus more on the methods to resolve practical issues than just brought out issues.

By Cristian R

Dec 31, 2019

It is obviously impossible to cover such a broad subject in a single course. My no means I feel I am now knowledgable in marketing. But taking into account this is not the goal of this course, but instead, provide a brief introduction to key concepts, I think it does precisely that, and it gives you enough resources to expand this knowledge on your own if you choose to put in the work.

By Elsa M d P G

Jul 12, 2020

I learned a lot in this course, especially with professor Barbara Kahn on Week 1 and Week 4. I have to mention that Week 3 had very dense material and, although I did learn, the way Professor Raju teaches was a little complicated for me to understand clearly all the material. A part from that, I consider that people should invest in this course to expand their knowledge in this field!

By Dominika S

Nov 24, 2020

The courses were great. I learned a lot of aspects about marketing and it open my eyes about different thinking on terms of marketing. All three instructors were interesting to listen to and made thinks really easy to understand. I recommend this course for everyone who wants to learn basics about marketing or wants to add up some usefull information/little expertise to their skills.

By Kuryleva M

Apr 12, 2020

That was really interesting course. I learned a lot of new information. All the professors were increadible to listen. These knoweledges will help me to start and build a new career. The most spectacular thing about this course is that all information that you got from the course you can use in practise.

Thank you. I'm truly happy I've had such opportinity to listen this course.

By Daniel N

Aug 1, 2016

The videos are high quality and very engaging. I can also download the material on my iPad Coursera App and watch the lessons offline. The posts on the Discussion Forum helps understand the material better even if you just read through the questions and answers without posting anything yourself. Overall, a great course - to some extent better than some courses I took in class!

By ZHANG L

Feb 17, 2016

I do really love this course. The pace is fast and information is quite plenty to know about Marketing. The case studies along with the sessions are exstremely comprehendable to understand some concepts and situation. Thanks for the updated inforamtion about online and offline competition, I do think digital marketing will become more and more significant in near future.

By Neha N

Aug 21, 2019

This course is really very helpful to the beginners to start from the scratch. It helped me to understand what is marketing, it's components like branding, customer centricity, market strategies, customer decision making, social targeting, online-offline interactions. Thank you professors Bell, Fader and Kahn and entire coursera team for such a knowledgeable course.

By Denise C A G

Aug 3, 2020

The course was dense but thorough. The professors taught each module really well, gave really good examples, and also shared case studies and their experiences. I now gained some basic knowledge and skills in marketing and will continue to refer back to this course when needed. Thank you so much Professor Kahn, Professor Fader, Professor Raju, and Wharton School!

By Yiling L

Dec 2, 2018

This course begins with the really fundamentals like what is marketing to customer centric marketing and at last to different marketing techniques. I really got the difference between these terms like customer centric and product centric marketing, and also lots of interesting observations like long tail effect and how Internet is affecting people's behavior.

By Jayalath V

Jun 20, 2020

Highly appreciate Coursera, I learned the fundamental knowledge and principals of marketing, including marketing strategy, branding, tracking and packing etc. they are absolutely helpful for my future learning and working.

It is really awsome meeting the world-leading lecturers at the University of Pennsylvania. I want to thank everyone who made this happen.

By Nicholas K E

May 8, 2020

This course was a great introduction to marketing. I had prior knowledge to marketing from taking Business in high school but this course really went beyond anything I covered. Everything was explained thoroughly and with just the right amount of detail. I especially enjoyed the lectures presented by Professor Kahn, her enthusiasm really rubbed off on me!

By Ahmed M Y I

Dec 1, 2015

I consider this course is a must for anyone who is interested to have a quick and full insight about marketing. Professors are really amazing. It was easy for me to understand marketing fundamentals by watching videos only and without effort. I'm looking forward to finish this course and apply for the next financial accounting fro wharton university too.

By Maria L Z

Apr 16, 2020

I have never studied business and in particular marketing. However i found such classes very useful and easy to understand also for principiants. The professors are easy to listen even if you are not mother tongue. I'm enthusiastic to have started such courses, I think it's the best way to going through this quarantine time. Very grateful for the chance

By Amanda C

Mar 21, 2019

As somebody who is completely new to marketing, this course is incredible at breaking down and explaining the foundations of marketing strategies. Informative and educational, I highly recommend this course to anyone interested in pursuing marketing, seeking a career change, or looking to add another valuable learning experience to their repertoire.

By Heidi W

Sep 11, 2016

In the first week alone, i am already learning so many strategies and principles I can implement in my job (which is for a residential and commercial janitorial service). I am so excited about how the rest of the course is going to help me build my employer's business for her, as she is a minority small business owner. This is incredibly exciting.

By Steven H

Feb 3, 2016

Excellent course - I especially enjoyed the non-classroom, on-site lectures that are naturally more interesting.

I would recommend an update - while the core principles are relevant, the content is now 2-3 years old. I would also appreciate more video links to case studies and real-life interviews with insights into marketing in real-world practice.

By Kunal S

Aug 4, 2020

Most Amazing Course I have ever done in Marketing. I have learnt the various aspects of Marketing from Strach to Detail. Various Real Life Analysis were very Nice which help to have a proper vision and take a total feel of the Course. All the Instructor were really very Nice and their teaching was Excellent. I really enjoyed this Course very Well.