Back to Introduction to Operations Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Operations Management by University of Pennsylvania

4.4

Learn to analyze and improve business processes in services or in manufacturing by learning how to increase productivity and deliver higher quality standards. Key concepts include process analysis, bottlenecks, flows rates, and inventory levels, and more. After successfully completing this course, you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

KR
Aug 24, 2020

Great Instruction by Prof Christian - very lucid and with real world examples. Learning a business skill is mostly learning observation.. Now I know what to observe when looking for productivity!

RE
Jan 28, 2021

I found this course to be very informational; the practice and homework were excellent to prepare for the exams, and the instructor covered all material in the lectures that was on the exams.

326 - 350 of 520 Reviews for Introduction to Operations Management

Jan 9, 2018

great

By Simon Z

Apr 12, 2016

Good

By ahmed m

Feb 24, 2016

Apr 18, 2016

I

By Steven A

Apr 28, 2018

This course built me a fundamental in operation management in terms of process analysis, productivity, quality, and their relationships. This course elaborates clearly, provides examples, shows how to apply the formula in the problems, and uses the real examples (Toyota Production System). What I would like to give feedback is giving the guidance of answering the graded quizzes (decimal, percentage, punctuation, currency, etc) as a part of the introduction module (before students start for the first video), not inside the discussion forum. I would like to thank Professor Christian Terwiesch and Wharton Business School for providing this course.

By peyman s

Feb 17, 2016

On the good side, the course subject is awesome it teaches the material efficiently. I can tell this for my other two courses with Wharton. They have great teachers in this school.

On the bad side I was disappointed with the quality of the image and sound. It feels like 1995 rather than 2016. Looks like Wharton hasn't defined the presentation quality control on his courses.

The tests didn't cover the whole material. the questions were all problems to solve, very similar to the ones in the practice problems. They could have been designed much more creatively.

By 袁之骜

May 16, 2020

Through the four-week course, I learnt some knowledge about holding and monitoring an operation. Several models and formulas were used and I found some of them a bit challenging. What's more, some questions in the exam were a bit tricky. However, it is my honor to say that I really improved myself during the four weeks and I feel more confident about my college life. For improvement, I hope that some of the explanations made by the professional to be clearer and more understandable. Can't wait to take another course in the program!

By Rony H

Nov 25, 2018

This was a great introductory course indeed! I find myself at the present very familiar with what business operations are all about. I wish however there had been more practice exercises, especially for Module 4. I found some applications a bit confusing, and had I had more practice questions, I would have graduated with a much more firm knowledge of the course material. All in all, it was a good experience, thank you professor. I look forward to forwarding my knowledge in business processes and operation management in the future!

By William H

Sep 18, 2016

Course offers the most valuable information of the foundations series but the homework exam questions are ambiguous or unclear. This makes learning the material difficult as you will have to ascertain whether you are missing the correct answers because you didn't understand the material or because you simply misinterpreted the information in the question. Great information. If I had to take only one course, this would be it. I just wish it was presented as well as the information in Professor Bushee's Financial Accounting course.

By Agne N

Jul 5, 2018

Course is great, information is given understandably, but I didn't like that there were some tasks in excel as I was using phone or tablet and had no excel in it, just excel viewer. Also it would be great to find out the true answers of all questions when you finally pass the homework or exam assignements. Ussually, it took a lot of time to rework and sometimes I passed with a few answers incorrect, so it would be interesting to know the true answers and the mistakes I did.

By Kim B

May 31, 2016

The course content was very interesting and well presented, and there was a lot of opportunity to practice for the quizzes. However, many of the quiz questions were ambiguous (that is, could be interpreted more than one way), and when a question was graded as wrong it was difficult to understand where the error lay, making it hard to improve for next time. This was a slightly tough class to take online, without the benefit of office hours.