Back to Introduction to Operations Management

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Introduction to Operations Management by University of Pennsylvania

Learn to analyze and improve business processes in services or in manufacturing by learning how to increase productivity and deliver higher quality standards. Key concepts include process analysis, bottlenecks, flows rates, and inventory levels, and more. After successfully completing this course, you can apply these skills to a real-world business challenge as part of the Wharton Business Foundations Specialization....

AJ

Oct 28, 2018

This is an awesome comprehensive operations management course. Although, the course in an introductory course, it covers pretty much everything you need to know about operations management.

AP

May 12, 2019

the materials were very informative and the thing that helped me the most were the practice problems which if genuinely solved will give very deep understanding help get through the exams.

51 - 75 of 455 Reviews for Introduction to Operations Management

By Lobna K

Dec 19, 2017

Thank you Christian for the wonderful course. I find Ops a very boring topic but I have enjoyed your lectures and certainly learned a lot. I thought the pace was excellent. Quizzes were designed carefully and resulted in a deeper understanding of the subjects. Thank you!

By Youssof O

Aug 28, 2016

Absolutely fantastic course. Very interesting and highly useful material, with massive real-world applications. The course was delivered in a very informative, entertaining and clear way. Prof Terwiesch is an amazing lecturer and teacher. Cannot recommend highly enough.

By Weiqin L

Jun 12, 2016

Really good course for operations management introduction. Although it is not a heavy course to teach every details, it got me busy enough as a part-time student. I would continue to learn more in this topic by reading the book "Matching Supply with Demand".

By Mohammed J

Jun 06, 2020

Easily one of the most interesting and well taught course I have taken on CoursEra. The professor really challenges the students. The reviews and practice problems really helped me grasp the content and its usability. Thank you for a great course!

By Vinod K

Jan 05, 2019

Thank you Coursera for providing me such course for Operation Management. This course taught and gave clear vision for business operation. Now I am fundamentally cleared about the operation management and this will very useful for me in my future.

By Gaurav V

May 02, 2020

A very well explained and industrial oriented designed course. This course has explained all the operational terminologies exceptionally well by providing excellent analogies. I am looking forward to use my this learning to my professional life.

By Shailendra S

May 30, 2019

I got to solve very Interesting real-life based scenarios/problems in this course, which requires logic and common sense. All the assignments are practical in some sense. Wonderful course and the instructor's module review video is very helpful.

By Angel L K

Sep 22, 2019

I enjoyed this course tremendously. Professor Christian Terwiesch was very engaging in his videos and in the way he taught this course in Operations Management. I highly recommend this course to others interested in taking business courses!

By Mikaila J A

Dec 19, 2017

This course simplified a difficult topic to understand. I really appreciated how the examples were broken down and simplified! Besides the technical aspect, the class teaches you "kaizen" - ALWAYS BE IMPROVING! So glad I took the class!

By Krystal R

This course has tested me from start to the end which is a great thing. There was no time to rest on what you literally would just learn because there is more to learn around every corner. This is a must and would definitely recommend.

By HUGO G G L

Mar 12, 2016

Its a inside vision of the business, the real micro economics!!!

The teacher has very good didactic!

It is very Challenge to me and is changing the way i estruture my frame work analysis to decision make.

Thank you Wharton and Coursera!

By K.S. V

Mar 03, 2016

Well offered course, with right amount of useful technical material, adequate examples, lucid presentations and relevant quizzes.

Need to improve on some apparent errors in question and answers. Not enough satisfactory responses.

By Christopher T

Jun 10, 2018

Good course - learned a lot that I will take back to work. Wish that the answer key for quizzes/exams (or summary .xls) would have been released following the due date. All in all, really enjoyed the professor and his b

By 刘睿灵

Sep 03, 2017

It's very useful to obtain a general scope of operation management. Profits come from not only revenues but also expense control. Even a new model designed for cleaners' working might increase profits a lot!!!

By German T

Dec 02, 2015

Good Introduction, It has refreshed my mind, concepts that too many years ago I did learn in University... Unfortunately once you are enrolled in a job and those concepts are not applied, you forget them...

By Luis A B

Mar 25, 2016

I really enjoyed the course, I learned a lot about operations metrics, how to analyze them and a bit in how to improve them, great overall introductory course of operations, I loved the material.

By Andrew J

Oct 28, 2018

By Sergey B

Aug 28, 2017

Solid practice instuments to estimate business processes. Course is applicable to broad range of practices and industries and helpfull for beginners and professionals in management as well.

By Ehsan A A

May 03, 2019

I liked how the Professor explained different terms of Operations and Quality. This course will help me apply this knowledge of looking inside an operation and finding out the bottlenecks.

By Shivam D

A very short and interesting course track to understand the basic of operations management if you do not want to go in depth. The concepts are explained well in a very simplistic manner.

By Suryasree R

Aug 07, 2017

I am an operation person, but still found that this course had something new to teach. The professor was very clear about the concepts, and the structure of the course was well designed.

By Ankit S

Apr 28, 2020

Absolutely loved this course. It was wonderful to realise how seemingly tiny changes can affect an operation so drastically and the use of statistics to fix such issues is very elegant.

By Jatinder S

Mar 07, 2016

very objective and hands on structure. Excellent for working executive as well, gives a hands on refresher with the help of best and latest on the subject. very concise and focused.

By Shubham S W

Jun 10, 2020

The course content is very lucid and clear. I have learned many concepts from this course. This knowledge will be very useful for me while pursuing my MBA in Operations. Thank you.