Back to Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling by University of Pennsylvania

How can you put data to work for you? Specifically, how can numbers in a spreadsheet tell us about present and past business activities, and how can we use them to forecast the future? The answer is in building quantitative models, and this course is designed to help you understand the fundamentals of this critical, foundational, business skill. Through a series of short lectures, demonstrations, and assignments, you’ll learn the key ideas and process of quantitative modeling so that you can begin to create your own models for your own business or enterprise. By the end of this course, you will have seen a variety of practical commonly used quantitative models as well as the building blocks that will allow you to start structuring your own models. These building blocks will be put to use in the other courses in this Specialization....

AP

Jun 16, 2019

Very clear and articulate explanation of the concepts. He doesn't skip a step in the sequencing ideas, drawing comparisons and differences, and illustrating both visually and story-telling. Excellent.

NC

Jul 31, 2019

Very nice course for beginner, the mathematic level is not high (around french baccalaureat) so available to everyone. I enjoyed a lot this course that show how simple math can be used in real life.

176 - 200 of 787 Reviews for Fundamentals of Quantitative Modeling

By Akshat S

Jun 16, 2016

Great course

By Pushon G

Jan 15, 2017

Very comprehensible way of teaching. It has helped me in many ways

By William M

Apr 27, 2016

Great course that introduces all the various topics in modeling and gets you to started thinking about how to process information, in addition to giving you the tools and skills needed to succeed. Well worth the price.

By Victor_M

Sep 29, 2016

Very useful and helpful! Thank you Professor Waterman!

By Priyanka S

Mar 19, 2018

Concepts were made so ease to understand

By Hristo D

Mar 01, 2016

The course was very useful in introducing me to the basic concepts of modelling. I am now familiar with the necessary vocabulary to participate in conversations about modelling. It also refreshed my intuition on the basic mathematical functions. Most interesting part was the steps I have to follow when I want to construct a particular model in order to help me in answering questions about a business process.I also found out that this is a continuous process and usually I might not construct good one from the first time. I am looking forward to the next stages and so far I would definitely recommend it to my friends!

By Sylvie K

Apr 21, 2016

very clear and well designed course. excellent teacher

By George L

May 12, 2016

Fabulous foundation course. Strikes a balance between assuming no previous knowledge and challenging the learner with some deeper concepts.

By valentina c

Nov 24, 2016

I really like this course. Excellent professor.

By Jose A H M

Feb 29, 2016

Great introduction into mathematical ways to model real complex problems.

By Nicolás I M B

Dec 02, 2017

Great course with a great instructor; would have been interesting to model though.

By Lucy Y

Feb 09, 2016

I have been in IT and business areas for so many years and I need a very concise and very pragmatic way of forming useful models. I only viewed week one materials. I have to admit that the professor, the materials and the course design have been extremely impressive. I would highly recommend, to anyone, IT or business managers, professionals in all areas to take this course. Because Modeling and Data Analytics will facilitate much better business decisions and make us better thinkers.

By Flavio F

Jun 07, 2016

Very good course so far.

By nghiavp07

Mar 03, 2016

Great Experience.Thank you

By Jayant S

Feb 23, 2016

Builds solid foundation and covers the basics of quantitative models. Nice introduction to regression. Really looking forward to next course, which would teach spreadsheet implementation.

I think this course will help professionals and students from a variety of fields, i.e. marketing, sales, banking and finance, Information Technology, etc. Keep up the good work, Coursera and Wharton Online.

By Omar P A

Sep 22, 2016

Excellent course. interesting and every class so much clear.

By Felipe A C

Sep 23, 2017

Very clear and easy pace, and very interesting, looking forward for another Wharton course.

By Ryan P

Jul 12, 2016

Very well explained! Thank You very Much

By Jonathan I O

Jun 01, 2017

The delivery is just perfect.

By peter a

Jun 08, 2017

Excellent, clear presentation. One would be well advised to know pre-calc beforehand. This would be a more complete course if multiple math exercises were offered as well as more detail about the math formulas. But the concepts are well presented, and one can still pass the tests without being a total 'math-head'. The transcripts of the lectures could really use editing.....really!

By Ujjwala M

Mar 09, 2018

Explained in a simple and easy to understand way in the right pace.

By John C

Feb 08, 2018

Very good. Covers the basics thoroughly and in easily digestible lessons.

By Colin E

Mar 03, 2016

I think this was a very good course. Level of instruction and pace were appropriate for someone with 2 hours/week to spend and who wanted to improve their knowledge of these topics. Its probably more useful for someone with some previous experience, limited time and some problems they want to solve, rather than a student. It had a good balance between a lot of breadth for time invested. If you approach this as a high-level overview that will help you efficiently focus your own search for knowledge it's extremely well done; I thought knowledge communicated for the amount of time spent was quite high.