Back to Social Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

How do we create innovative and effective solutions to social problems around the world ? This course was designed for individuals and organizations who want to identify and bring about transformative societal change. Professors Jim Thompson and Ian “Mac” MacMillan help you develop both a strategy and a framework for your social enterprise based on their years of experience and expertise teaching social entrepreneurship and advising entrepreneurs. You’ll learn how to define a social problem, understand contextual realities, develop a solution, and plan for effective deployment. By the end of this course, you’ll have a deep understanding of the realities of launching an enterprise, be prepared for every step of the process, and put your social entrepreneurial venture on the path to success....

DD

Apr 30, 2020

Great course on Entrepreneurship providing insights on crating a great business strategy according to the demographics and effective implementation.

KF

Feb 07, 2020

The lecturers have in depth knowledge of the topics and the examples used the the course were done in such a way that i could easily relate with.

1 - 25 of 59 Reviews for Social Entrepreneurship

By Nunki

Mar 15, 2018

This course give me a really good understanding about Social Entrepreneurship. The materials are simple yet rich of information. As a person without business background and English as second language, at the first time I thought it will be hard for me to study. But it turned out, I can understand because professors are explain using daily conversation words. Of course there are business terms mentioned, but they provide small text for the explanation. Thank you very much. I am a happy student.

By Yachneet P

Apr 27, 2020

Even though I run a social enterprise which won the UN Award for Environmental sustainability in 2017 and we are ECOSOC certified now by UN, yet there were things to refresh and learn. Really enjoyed both of them. looking forward to doing a program on campus soon. Cheers Yachneet

By Musambo M

Aug 21, 2020

I remember when Professor Philip Nichols said people will always get done what they need to get done when he delivered the course on corruption, I knew right away I had to do what I needed to do. & then I also knew that the course on Social Entrepreneurship was the answer to the questions I had to deal with the challenges I was facing with my business. However, I had no clue to what extent this would be true. As the course progresses the content becomes more interactive, involving & the pressure cannot be underrated. It is just the right tool that provides the right skills & helps you deliver. These are experts. & I am glad I enrolled. I had no money & you gave me financial aid. Thank you Wharton School. I got more than what I hoped for.

By JIGNESH S

Aug 04, 2020

The teaching methods are really great. the simplification of most complicated processes are really helpful for designing & working on i can say FULL PROOF plan for any social idea execution providing we don't skip any steps. looking forward for many more opportunities for fine tuning & keep upgrading my skills from both the professors. best regards & wish you best wishes for all current & new projects.

By Shefali S

Nov 21, 2018

Since I am the mentor for Entrepreneurship in my University- Chitkara University, this course has been extremely helpful to me . Also in teh process of taking this course , I am on week 2 and I feel this is something which i woud refer to my students in university. Well explained !

Thankyou

Shefali Saluja | Assistant Professor | Chitkara University

shefali.saluja@chitkara.edu.in

By Madelene O

This is an exemplary course and probably one of the best I have taken here at Coursera. The course outline is strong, the content is succinct and incredibly helpful. I am currently building a social enterprise and this course has given me another boost of confidence to carry on. Thank you to both the lecturers - both are entertaining and insightful.

By Seongwon C

Apr 22, 2020

I loved this course!!! The content really helped me to think again with my own business. It gives this very solid base on the necessary steps you need to do. And it was quite interesting reading the social entrepreneur's playbook. It was like a really good bonus Thanks for this great lecture

By Pranoti

Jun 11, 2020

It's a great course for someone looking to understand the basics of social entrepreneurship. The course modules provide useful frameworks to help you identify problems, refine solutions and identify the effort and investment required to get started!

By Kelly L

Mar 10, 2018

This is exactly the knowledge I have been seeking, presented in a very clear understandable format. Professor Thompson and Professor "Mac" are engaging, entertaining and, at moments, genuinely adorable. I truly enjoyed the course, thank you!

By Kanatta K

A truly insightful introduction to the topic of social entrepreneurship by two clearly engaged, knowledgeable and pragmatic teachers. I enjoyed learning about the concepts and feel well-informed about the inherent challenges. Thank you

By Harald F

Sep 29, 2018

Clearly presented, a step-by-step logical explanation of how to approach goals with social benefit with an entrepreneurial mindset. Kudos to you for having developed this and making it available to the wider public via the Internet.

By Dhinesh A D

Apr 30, 2020

By Kelvin K F

Feb 07, 2020

By Julie H

May 26, 2019

This course offers practical, tangible steps to understanding social entrepreneurship principles and provides clear examples to learn from.

By Elke R

Oct 19, 2020

Great course that provides you with a detailed road map for setting up a social enterprise - with interesting examples. Loved it!

By Daniel M D G

Dec 16, 2018

A class that introduces solid theoretical and practical tools to prepare for a social venture. Would recommend without a doubt.

By Kate R

Jul 14, 2019

Wish there were more practical tasks and check within the community like the course on circular econoy by Lund university

By Cecilia L

Mar 13, 2020

A very clear and concise step by step guide to thoroughly plan a social endeavour and set it up for success

By Borja P O

Jun 21, 2019

Course on how to undertake and analyze social issues. The teachers are very didactic in their explanations

By Sanjay R

Mar 22, 2020

The course has given me a template for all things I would need to make a successful venture possible.

By Saahil G

Dec 22, 2019

Wonderful course. Covers everything you need to learn to kickstart your Social Entrepreneur journey.

By Charity B

Jun 27, 2018

This course is exactly what i needed. It is well explained and the case studies given are very good.

By Fredjoger

Jan 27, 2019

Excellent course for those who want to learn strategies to design a sustainable social enterprise.

By lizzy

Oct 26, 2019

The practical lectures is very useful in trying to map things out for better chance for success.

By Jimmy S

Apr 21, 2019

Excellent framework and real life examples applied for the developing world. Excellent!!