Back to Social Entrepreneurship

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Social Entrepreneurship by University of Pennsylvania

How do we create innovative and effective solutions to social problems around the world ? This course was designed for individuals and organizations who want to identify and bring about transformative societal change. Professors Jim Thompson and Ian “Mac” MacMillan help you develop both a strategy and a framework for your social enterprise based on their years of experience and expertise teaching social entrepreneurship and advising entrepreneurs. You’ll learn how to define a social problem, understand contextual realities, develop a solution, and plan for effective deployment. By the end of this course, you’ll have a deep understanding of the realities of launching an enterprise, be prepared for every step of the process, and put your social entrepreneurial venture on the path to success....

DD
Apr 29, 2020

Great course on Entrepreneurship providing insights on crating a great business strategy according to the demographics and effective implementation.

KF
Feb 6, 2020

The lecturers have in depth knowledge of the topics and the examples used the the course were done in such a way that i could easily relate with.

51 - 61 of 61 Reviews for Social Entrepreneurship

By Orla R

May 15, 2020

Hi Mac & Jim,

Thanks so much for sharing your insights. Your tools and frameworks will prove very useful for me going forward.

At times I felt like I was being taught how to suck eggs, but by and large I did learn a lot.

I have run a social enterprise for women in Haiti. I will be writing a blog on my experiences. I will refer to your framework.

Keep you posted!

Many thanks,

Orla

By Jamie D

Jan 31, 2018

It was good but maybe a bit basic for me. The instructors could have been more engaging and at times were difficult to understand. Really liked the examples and using the same example through out the course helped see the big picture.

By Anant S

Feb 19, 2018

Good introductory course on social entrepreneurship :)

By Luber P

Sep 7, 2020

The material could offer a wider set of examples.

By Vaibhav S

Apr 10, 2021

A very well-structured course.

By Muhammad S

good explenation and study

By Leonel S

Apr 2, 2018

Very good teachers.

By Elizabeth P

Feb 13, 2019

Some interesting concepts, but too many are either "super basic" and/or very academic (eg. Analysis/Paralysis)

By Neil M

Apr 1, 2021

Found this module quite difficult to get into. I understood the concepts but perhaps it wasn't for me.

By Gina D F

May 8, 2020

Professors were a little boring and not as engaging as other professors at Wharton

By Priyanka M

Jun 3, 2019

Good information, but a little slow