Back to Managing Social and Human Capital

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Managing Social and Human Capital by University of Pennsylvania

People are the most valuable asset of any business, but they are also the most unpredictable, and the most difficult asset to manage. And although managing people well is critical to the health of any organization, most managers don't get the training they need to make good management decisions. Now, award-winning authors and renowned management Professors Mike Useem and Peter Cappelli of the Wharton School have designed this course to introduce you to the key elements of managing people. Based on their popular course at Wharton, this course will teach you how to motivate individual performance and design reward systems, how to design jobs and organize work for high performance, how to make good and timely management decisions, and how to design and change your organization’s architecture. By the end of this course, you'll have developed the skills you need to start motivating, organizing, and rewarding people in your organization so that you can thrive as a business and as a social organization....

DM

Oct 19, 2018

Excellent Course. Understanding human behavior is one of the most difficult challenges in an organization. This course describes the challenges well and offers approaches to tackling those challenges.

J

Nov 4, 2019

A fantastic, thought provoking course. Gave us a lot of things to reflect on and be mindful of in different situations in the organization. Thank you Prof Cappelli and Prof Useem. Grateful to you.

126 - 150 of 404 Reviews for Managing Social and Human Capital

By Danny M

Aug 20, 2019

I loved the amount of diverse example that were explained so well, it really gave me a broader view.

By daniela o

Aug 28, 2017

Very interesting course I would definitely recommend this to anyone getting into the business field.

By Lawrence G

Nov 27, 2017

Great course to attend as a refresher regardless of your knowledge base. Would recommend to others.

By Frank-Nelson M

Feb 11, 2020

Insightful course and glad I took it. Some valuable lessons for managing human and social capital.

By Ugonwa O

I really enjoyed this course and it has definitely helped me in my new role. I learnt a lot! 100%

By Avval S G

Sep 14, 2019

The instructors were too good to explain with real-life examples. A wonderful course to complete.

By Aduaka N I

Apr 11, 2018

I am grateful for this class, it has improved my relationship with people. Aduaka Nwamaka Ifeoma

By John R T

Jun 15, 2019

Fun course. Well taught. Lectures were well done and informative, and loaded with good ideas.

By Joshua D

Quite Insightful. Managing Social and Human Capital is vital to the growth of any enterprise.

By Rafael O

Mar 26, 2018

Excellent course ! Great balance between theory and practice. Great instructors, good cases !

By Brenda N

Jul 26, 2021

T​ruly enjoyable! The instructors were engaging and offered insights I had never considered.

By AM

May 3, 2017

Liked the course a lot - Prof. Mike Useem's lectures are like stories - thats why they work!

By jennifer O D

Sep 28, 2019

Interesting and useful course. Inspired me to keep going with others in the specialization.

By Valeria E

Jan 29, 2021

Easy to understand and very well explained. Loved the experience and the learning journey!

By xue l

Nov 14, 2018

thanks , really need this foundamental knowledge before I can understand my SHUMBA course.

By Ben P

May 17, 2017

Great introduction to management for the uninitiated. Watching these lectures is a treat.

By Abhiraj H

May 13, 2019

A very engaging look at managing teams and the handling the various challenges involved.

By Eric R B

Sep 25, 2017

I really enjoyed this course. The material was easily digested and was very interesting.

By Hetti A J H

Apr 21, 2020

A nice course which gives us lots of knowledge in social and human capital management.

By Sayo A

Jun 3, 2020

Managing Social and Human Capital was a great course! Very informative and educative.

By Eric H

Feb 4, 2020

Loved it! Great information and incredibly applicable to what I do on a daily basis.

By Xinzhu Z

Jan 26, 2022

G​ood for beginners to start and full of detailed examples to understand theories.

By Aditya h

Oct 21, 2016

Great course ! thoroughly enjoyed the content and examples from various industries

By Daveraj s

Aug 8, 2021

Great course. I learned how to be a better team leader and organize a team better

By Arun R

Nov 9, 2016

Excellent course for Management! Thanks to the Professors and their case studies!