Back to Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Success by University of Pennsylvania

Do you want to be more successful? This course was designed to help you define what success means to you, and to develop a plan for achieving it. Wharton Professor G. Richard Shell, an award-winning author and the creator of the popular Wharton School course on the meaning of success, created this course to help you answer the questions that arise when you consider how best to use your life. Drawing on his decades of research and mentoring, Shell offers personalized assessments to help you probe your past, imagine your future, and measure your strengths. He then combines these with the latest scientific insights on everything from self-confidence and happiness to relationships and careers. Throughout, he shares inspiring examples of people who found what they were meant to do by embracing their own true measure of success. Get ready for the journey of a lifetime—one that will help you reevaluate your future and envision success on your own terms. Students and executives say that Richard Shell’s courses and executive training programs have changed their lives. Let this course change yours....

SM
Jun 8, 2020

Excellent course gives you the tools and ideas to think deeply about how you define success and set you on a solid path to achieving your greatest professional and personal success possible.

CH
Jan 2, 2021

Very enjoyable course - a good balance of video content and assignments. Facilitator was superb with a mix of personal stories and new ideas.\n\nWould recommend it to friends and family.

51 - 75 of 309 Reviews for Success

By Nada E D

Nov 3, 2020

Great Course. I reccommend it with both hands. It flowes easily, gives introspection and makes you dig into your core to challenge your believes and values. The course is made for peope who would like to find what direction to take. The personal example given by Prof. Richard Shell is invaluable !

By Dr. M M

Jan 21, 2020

Professor Shell presented a very insightful presentation on how success can be achieved. The exercise of stories was thought-provoking. Professor Shell provided a clear perception of how success can be implemented both at a personal and professional level. Enjoyed the course thoroughly. Thank you.

By Suhaimi W C

Jul 24, 2021

Awesome course. Great view of success from different perspective. It really did open my mind and confirmed the path of life that I would like to take. Thank you for teaching and sharing this insight on success. Highly recommend taking this course to get you to find the right path of your success.

By Srividya A

Apr 24, 2017

It is a fantastic course that boosts your motivation levels and makes you focus on what you want to achieve in life with a focussed approach. Dr Richard Shell's approach to the topic is phenomenal. I would highly recommend it, especially people stuck in cross roads, taken a break or a sabbatical.

By Catherine B

I am thankful to whatever force brought me to this course. It brought me to reflecting and appreciating my diamonds. I have long known that I am an overthinker and avid planner and lame action person. This course gave me a "push" to getting to do the things I am happy about and good at.

By nuzhat h

Jun 7, 2020

This is my first course that I have completed in coursera.I had some good times while doing this course.It helped me to think about my ultimate success in life more deeply. The exercises helped to practice my thinking and writing skills . I would also like to thank my instructor too.

By Chuprakova

Mar 29, 2020

This course was really helpful in understanding what I want from my life and myself, what is MY future and what steps should I take to follow it! I'm completely impressed and want to thank the professor who used many examples to make this course as a conversation between old friends.

By Reem

Jun 17, 2017

It is a GREAT course , that I intend to recommend to everyone I know ,, I cannot thank Dr.Shell Enough for this amazing course , for the way he has delivered it to us , not to mention the whole team of Coursear who worked on it too . Thank you , It is just what I needed .and MORE

By Luca B

Apr 28, 2020

The course is well built, and gives a lot of insights: lessons are clear, and exercises on point. A great thank you to the teacher for building a course that looks at success from different points of view and can really give tools for enhancing one's life for the better.

By Patricia

Feb 26, 2021

I strongly recommend this course for those how to want to improve the interpersonal skills. I have gained values that I will carry with me for life. Richard is great and very passionate about helping people. His personal experience and examples make the training richer.

By Bernard D V

Jan 16, 2018

In this course, you will try to define success through different axis (personal achievement, happiness, family,...).

You will also have to work on yourself deeper than usually.

It's a great course ! It's complete and graded assignement of your peers is quite enlightening

By Allyse C

Jan 23, 2017

Fantastic course! The professor shared some interesting personal stories and explained things clearly with helpful examples. The course altered my perspective of success and gave me a better sense of how to live a more fulfilling life based on my personal values.

By Ilya I

Sep 26, 2018

One of the best courses I had in Coursera. This course did a great job explaining what success means in general (what are the keys components) and how you can define personally for yourself what is a true success for you. I appreciate this specialization a lot.

By Andrei V

Jan 30, 2021

At first glance few things feel more subjective than what success is. However this course will provide you with valuable insights and useful exercises which will help you to get a clearer idea of what is worth your efforts. I definitely recommend to take it.

By Ho L L

Sep 2, 2020

This course is fantastic! I would say this course is a kind of soul searching course which let you to have a more clear understanding for yourself. It let me rethink my own definition of success and reconsider what is the following path I should take.

By Mercy O

Mar 6, 2021

The course is very helpful. It makes you think of success in different dimension. The prof. is very clear in his lectures and understanding him is easy. i appreciate the chance i got to do the course and it will help me give back to the community.

By Aliexandra H P

Apr 11, 2021

I learned a lot of new things from this course, and aside from the syllabus and lessons being interesting and easy to understand, I especially loved the professor's anecdotes which, in all honesty, was the one that stuck with me the most.

By Shahinaz E R I E

Oct 27, 2018

I want to thank my Prof. Mr.Richard Shell for sharing with us his experience and talent in the success course, the stories are all embedded in my mind because I loved the course so much, it was not just about a think shift but an imprint.

By Shapkina E

Mar 24, 2019

This course made a great discovery for me. I realized that my understanding of success was affected by modern society. After completing the course I found my own meaning of success which is very different from what I used to believe in.

By Greta S

Apr 17, 2020

I have just started this course and I am loving it. The content is great, facilitation is inspiring and the online delivery option is making the course globally accessible and engaging! Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity.

By Jane K

Aug 10, 2020

This was a great course that really challenged me to examine and define success outside the box on both personal and professional levels. It's much more soul searching than a typical "self help" course or book if you allow it to be.

By Jaimee S

Dec 15, 2020

It would be an understatement to say that Professor Shell was amazing. I loved this course from beginning to end. I learned a lot from him and also learned a lot about myself too. I would highly recommend anyone to take his class.

By Maksym S

Sep 14, 2017

The best part of the course is the tools it provides to structure self-reflection and to focus on and identify the traits, experiences and the past that could make one both successful and happy. Thank you, I very much enjoyed it!

By Mala D

Sep 14, 2017

One of the best courses I have taken so far! Prof. Shell is an amazing teacher, and I am sure that the skills and resources I have learned from him are going to be invaluable. Thank you for this wonderful course, Prof. Shell.

By Sixto J

Jan 1, 2020

One of the best things I have ever done to reflect on my own life and how I am doing to meet success in life, both personal and professional.

Lessons from professor Richard Shell are completely useful.

It really worth it.