Back to Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Success by University of Pennsylvania

Do you want to be more successful? This course was designed to help you define what success means to you, and to develop a plan for achieving it. Wharton Professor G. Richard Shell, an award-winning author and the creator of the popular Wharton School course on the meaning of success, created this course to help you answer the questions that arise when you consider how best to use your life. Drawing on his decades of research and mentoring, Shell offers personalized assessments to help you probe your past, imagine your future, and measure your strengths. He then combines these with the latest scientific insights on everything from self-confidence and happiness to relationships and careers. Throughout, he shares inspiring examples of people who found what they were meant to do by embracing their own true measure of success. Get ready for the journey of a lifetime—one that will help you reevaluate your future and envision success on your own terms. Students and executives say that Richard Shell’s courses and executive training programs have changed their lives. Let this course change yours....

SM
Jun 8, 2020

Excellent course gives you the tools and ideas to think deeply about how you define success and set you on a solid path to achieving your greatest professional and personal success possible.

BW
May 17, 2019

I loved this course! It has been the best one I've taken on Coursera yet. It was an honor to learn from Richard Shell. I think this course can benefit anyone at any point in their life!

51 - 75 of 276 Reviews for Success

By Chuprakova

Mar 29, 2020

This course was really helpful in understanding what I want from my life and myself, what is MY future and what steps should I take to follow it! I'm completely impressed and want to thank the professor who used many examples to make this course as a conversation between old friends.

By Reem

Jun 17, 2017

It is a GREAT course , that I intend to recommend to everyone I know ,, I cannot thank Dr.Shell Enough for this amazing course , for the way he has delivered it to us , not to mention the whole team of Coursear who worked on it too . Thank you , It is just what I needed .and MORE

By Luca B

Apr 28, 2020

The course is well built, and gives a lot of insights: lessons are clear, and exercises on point. A great thank you to the teacher for building a course that looks at success from different points of view and can really give tools for enhancing one's life for the better.

By Bernard D V

Jan 16, 2018

In this course, you will try to define success through different axis (personal achievement, happiness, family,...).

You will also have to work on yourself deeper than usually.

It's a great course ! It's complete and graded assignement of your peers is quite enlightening

By Allyse C

Jan 23, 2017

Fantastic course! The professor shared some interesting personal stories and explained things clearly with helpful examples. The course altered my perspective of success and gave me a better sense of how to live a more fulfilling life based on my personal values.

By Ilya I

Sep 26, 2018

One of the best courses I had in Coursera. This course did a great job explaining what success means in general (what are the keys components) and how you can define personally for yourself what is a true success for you. I appreciate this specialization a lot.

By Ho L L

Sep 2, 2020

This course is fantastic! I would say this course is a kind of soul searching course which let you to have a more clear understanding for yourself. It let me rethink my own definition of success and reconsider what is the following path I should take.

By Shahinaz E R

Oct 27, 2018

I want to thank my Prof. Mr.Richard Shell for sharing with us his experience and talent in the success course, the stories are all embedded in my mind because I loved the course so much, it was not just about a think shift but an imprint.

By Shapkina E

Mar 24, 2019

This course made a great discovery for me. I realized that my understanding of success was affected by modern society. After completing the course I found my own meaning of success which is very different from what I used to believe in.

By Greta S

Apr 16, 2020

I have just started this course and I am loving it. The content is great, facilitation is inspiring and the online delivery option is making the course globally accessible and engaging! Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity.

By Jane K

Aug 10, 2020

This was a great course that really challenged me to examine and define success outside the box on both personal and professional levels. It's much more soul searching than a typical "self help" course or book if you allow it to be.

By Maksym S

Sep 14, 2017

The best part of the course is the tools it provides to structure self-reflection and to focus on and identify the traits, experiences and the past that could make one both successful and happy. Thank you, I very much enjoyed it!

By Malasri D

Sep 14, 2017

One of the best courses I have taken so far! Prof. Shell is an amazing teacher, and I am sure that the skills and resources I have learned from him are going to be invaluable. Thank you for this wonderful course, Prof. Shell.

By Sixto J

Jan 1, 2020

One of the best things I have ever done to reflect on my own life and how I am doing to meet success in life, both personal and professional.

Lessons from professor Richard Shell are completely useful.

It really worth it.

By Maitha K

Sep 8, 2017

Nice course, it makes concepts of success and its dimensions clear. I helps you assess your inner life (happiness and satisfaction) and outer life (achievements) and how to focus on both to achieve balance in your life.

By Ketaki R

Sep 11, 2017

Well administered course, and great for anyone who is evaluating/re-valuating their life. The exercises ensure that you think things through, and aren't caught in the usual traps of defining success how the world does.

By Kevin G

Jul 2, 2017

Among the three courses of the specialization, Success was my favorite course. I learned so much about myself by identifying my values and looking back at my childhood experiences. I would enroll in this course again!

By Javier B

May 7, 2018

An amazing course develped and provided by Prof. Shell. His insights have been an eye-opener to me regarding what Success should be. I would recommend it to anyone interested in learning a bit more about Success

By R B

Jun 13, 2020

A life-changing course that gave me enormous insights into what really matters in life. I recommend everybody that wants to gain deeper insight into what it means to be successful in life to take this course.

By Debora W

This course is beneficial to all ages! Professor Shell presented an excellent course, and his personal examples showed how applicable the course can be. A growth opportunity worth experiencing! Thank you!

By Benjamin F

Sep 11, 2016

A great course! Professor Shell is calm and articulate, which makes his course that much more transformative. I found renewed motivation and insight in my search for success. Thanks again Professor Shell!

By Pilar G

Jan 7, 2019

It really helped me to sketch next steps in my career, and to understand better what I really want in different aspects of my life. And for the bits I am not so sure about, to figure out a way to explore

By Leona C C Y

Nov 13, 2017

I love this thought-provoking and inspirational success course, it really changed my mind and redefine the success by myself and have built up the own definition of success and find my way to achieve it.

By Dennis C

Sep 15, 2017

This course is one of the best I've ever taken. I've learn so many thing to my self improvement, that I'm a really different person now. Thank you so much for sharing with us all that knowlement .

By SJ M M