Back to Success

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Success by University of Pennsylvania

Do you want to be more successful? This course was designed to help you define what success means to you, and to develop a plan for achieving it. Wharton Professor G. Richard Shell, an award-winning author and the creator of the popular Wharton School course on the meaning of success, created this course to help you answer the questions that arise when you consider how best to use your life. Drawing on his decades of research and mentoring, Shell offers personalized assessments to help you probe your past, imagine your future, and measure your strengths. He then combines these with the latest scientific insights on everything from self-confidence and happiness to relationships and careers. Throughout, he shares inspiring examples of people who found what they were meant to do by embracing their own true measure of success. Get ready for the journey of a lifetime—one that will help you reevaluate your future and envision success on your own terms. Students and executives say that Richard Shell’s courses and executive training programs have changed their lives. Let this course change yours....

SM
Jun 8, 2020

Excellent course gives you the tools and ideas to think deeply about how you define success and set you on a solid path to achieving your greatest professional and personal success possible.

CH
Jan 2, 2021

Very enjoyable course - a good balance of video content and assignments. Facilitator was superb with a mix of personal stories and new ideas.\n\nWould recommend it to friends and family.

126 - 150 of 309 Reviews for Success

By Robert G S P

Jan 9, 2019

Really enjoyed this course. I liked this one and the one at Yale as being the best in personal development on coursera

By Sarah I

Jan 6, 2021

I very much liked the course - felt engaged and inspired - helped me to reframe old pathways and formulate new ones.

By Ali T

Jun 30, 2020

Thank you so much for this excellent helpful course! I learned a lot and enjoyed every minute of it!

Best Wishes,

Ali

By Adriana C

This course helped me sort out ideas about myself and my current situation so that I can focus and achieve success

By Arif H

Oct 23, 2017

This is really a great class. I have learnt a lot from this class. I recommend this class to anyone and everyone.

By Cristin H

Aug 21, 2020

I thought this was a really valuable course particularly for people who are just starting out on their careers.

By Jubelee A L

I learned a lot in this course. Sir Richard, thank you so much, you discussed the whole course comprehensively.

By Jeong-Lan K

Jun 14, 2017

It was a great course to re-examine what "Success" means for not only in a general way, but for individuals.

By Costica A

Aug 30, 2017

Very good class. It provides interesting points to reflect on and gives you some guidance for that matter.

By Diego Z

Jul 25, 2019

It's much more profound and inspiring than I initially thought. Amazing course, props to the instructor.

By prince k

Jun 21, 2021

this course gives you the broader approach of Success that you realize yourself in the age of 50's....

By Olaya M

Jul 26, 2021

F​ascinating course. Urged me to self-reflect and realign my goals for the future. Learned so much.

By Jessica O

Oct 5, 2018

I gained a new perspective on success, one that makes it achievable and it reflects my true values.

By Suyog K

May 9, 2020

A different & unique type of course on Success...!

My sincere thanks to Professor Richard Shell.

By Sani M P

Jan 28, 2019

One of the best course one can ever take. Thank you coursera , Thank you Pennsylvania university

By Lauren S

Jan 2, 2019

This course was very helpful by providing a deep knowledge of why and how we think about Success

By Isak

Jan 15, 2021

Great course, I feel super happy to be given the opportunity to watch Richard's video lectures!

By Daniel A

Oct 2, 2020

Great course for learning to reflect and know what your true motivations are!

Dan

DeltaBella.com

By Tess P

Dec 30, 2019

It's a great course! Thanks Prof. Shell. It helps me think about success & happiness in depth.

By Huanhuan J

Dec 22, 2017

A good course, good opportunity for me to reconsider current status and have a plan for future

By Zurab D

Dec 17, 2020

Very interesting course. The professor was fantastic and all the materials were very helpful.

By Kelly B H

Aug 2, 2020

Love the instructor! Content was excellent and thought provoking. Exactly what I needed.

By Javier G

Jun 17, 2019

Great course! I think everyone should take this before deciding to embark on a new career.

By Olaoluwa P

Aug 7, 2017

Professor Shell is a great tutor, this course has proved invaluable to my career and life.

By Caryl J B

Jan 31, 2021

It would help you improve your perspective in life and would make you keep going forward