Back to What is Compliance?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Compliance? by University of Pennsylvania

Compliance isn’t only about preventing problems and ensuring that everyone is abiding by laws, rules, and regulations. It’s also about the positive impact a robust and ethical compliance program can have on a business or organization. In this course we will discuss why compliance is important – from the needs facing businesses in highly regulated industries to avoiding fines and penalties to preventing reputational and economic nightmares. We’ll examine real-world examples of compliance and governance failures and their impact, and consider strategies for avoiding similar situations in our own organizations. You’ll be able to think about risk management in new ways and apply strategies to manage it....

BM

Apr 28, 2020

I got to have a better perspective of compliance and its role in the business environment. The instructors are well conversant and will enrich you.I would highly recommend this course.

AO

Sep 22, 2019

I really love this course. It is so well structured and easily understandable. I just want a mix of more examples of Compliance issues across the world to allow for direct relations.

1 - 25 of 78 Reviews for What is Compliance?

By Shamkhal R

Dec 05, 2019

Lecturers are just amazing.

Readings are interesting and related to the course.

Questions are helpful

Course is pretty simple thou

By Jacqueline C

Jul 07, 2019

This course was well done and the professors/videos were engaging. The accompanying transcript made it convenient to study when listening to the entire video was not an option at a given time. I fell into the field of compliance without knowing more than "compliance is adhering to laws and regulations" without knowing all of the areas that encompass compliance, including risk assessment and risk management. So, this was great for me. The fact that I can earn a certificate makes it all the better as I enhance my job skills and make myself more marketable for the job scene. Thank you!

By J R R D

Jan 27, 2020

The course is presented very well to understand what compliance is and thanks to the lecturers that provides excellent explanations as well as the cases studies that give an overview that what they are referring to. Excellent introduction to understand compliance!

By Alex H

Nov 04, 2019

A good overview into the roles and functions of compliance, with useful materials and resources of where to go to further your education beyond the specialization. Being a US university, they do have a US and UK focus on regulations and laws discussed.

By Shiyevina A A

Jan 21, 2020

This course was very informative, and after such a long time, the risk profile assessment really opened my eyes and made me think outside the box. I also enjoyed doing peer reviews because they were very insightful.

By Bernard H M

Apr 28, 2020

By Anwuri W O

Sep 22, 2019

By Yinka S T - W

Apr 30, 2020

This course answers all the questions i had in mind before begining the course. Learnt a lot and will continue building on what i have learnt thus far. Great Course.

By Diana B A

Aug 21, 2019

Great course! Provides an overview of what is compliance and clarifies various topics for people who are seeking more knowledge over the subject.

By Vicky Y

Mar 02, 2020

This is an good intro class for compliance. It covers the most common compliance topics and indutries with good examples.

By Joan H

Apr 29, 2019

A great introduction to compliance!

By D A P

May 15, 2020

Learning about Regulatory compliance is an excellent enlightening certificate course anyone should opt for. It gave me a better understanding of the subject and it was an interactive learning session, as it also gave us a chance to discuss the topic in threading comments. which helped me to gain knowledge of compliance in broadspectrum in different fields. Lastly, I understood how important it is to maintain Compliance in any organization and institutions.

By Michael B

Apr 29, 2020

Instructors are extremely knowledgable and highly experienced. The course met its objective by providing enough material to give the student an overview of what compliance and risk are, different types, impact and how organizations can take steps to reduce. The key takeaway is the change in how organizations view the importance of compliance today versus a decade ago.

By Jacqueline R

I received a better understanding of the importance of compliance. Why an organization that does not prioritize compliance is doomed to heavy penalties. I would recommend this course to anyone who's uncertain or need to grasp a better understand.

By Jennifer C

Feb 08, 2020

Excellent introductory taste of Compliance, with engaging lecturer and course content. Though, as a new learner, instructor/professor-reviewed versus peer-reviewed projects would truly be insightful and more beneficial for students.

By Nerys M A B S

Excelente curso, super recomendado, te introduce en un panorama general del cumplimiento normativo, te permite entender los aspectos generales del cumplimiento y los efectos positivos en las organizaciones empresariales.

By Annalisa P

May 22, 2020

If you want to learn but not have to worry about grades, this is a great course! I learned a lot that I will be able to take back to my company and apply to my current position.

By Andres P d L

Oct 31, 2019

Great way to begin understanding compliance at a basic level which leads into the other three courses in the specialization.

By SHARAD C

Jan 05, 2020

Amazing course, I have learned alot on the relevance of compliance and how companies need to give it utmost importance.

By Siraj A B

May 08, 2020

It was an exciting learning experience. This course is perfect to start a bath of learning in the filed of compliance.

By Ronald S H V M

Oct 06, 2019

Excellent course and great instructors. Highly recommended for those that need to know more about compliance!

By Muzzil Q K

Apr 10, 2019

As someone with a lot of experience in compliance, I find the structure and delivery methods very meaningful

By Mitzi H S M

Jun 25, 2019

It really is an excellent course with clear and assertive information. I will definitely recommend it.

By Jaime D C B

Nice course. It's satisfying to get knowledge by people who really have experience on these fields.

By Nastajha D O

Aug 20, 2019

This is an amazing course in compliance. the temperament, knowledge and teaching styles makes this