Back to What is Data Science?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Data Science? by IBM

The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today....

KK
Feb 23, 2020

Terrific introduction to the Data Science course. Never expected but was extremely excited with the quality of content, speakers and a very honest attempt to making this course interesting.\n\nKrishna

SB
Sep 9, 2019

Very learning experience, I am a beginner in DS, but the instructors in this course simplified the contents that made me I could easily understand, tools and materials were very helpful to start with.

8601 - 8625 of 9,174 Reviews for What is Data Science?

By Tyler G

Jan 27, 2020

Great to hear from professors, but not helpful to hear from random students. I discount their opinions out of hand, they are not experts, so it's just distracting

By Hugh B

Jul 5, 2020

Did not think this much background was needed. I would argue only 30% of the video material was necessary. However, it still informed me of what data science is.

By Anokh P

Sep 25, 2019

solid for beginners, but a little buzzwordy and some of the questions/answers felt cheap and based on memorizing what was said instead of applying new knowledge

By PETER M

Apr 8, 2021

Its a theoratical course, i had earlier thought it would be a practical one but still am excited to know the background information of data science as a whole.

By Riccardo R

Nov 30, 2019

Good to give you an idea of what data science is but nothing really that you can't find elsewhere. It's a nice set of video lecturer, interesting conceptually.

By Shannon G

Sep 1, 2018

Good intro course, however, I'm already familiar with what Data Science is - was looking for more of skills/tools required to move into the Data Science field.

By Julian W

Jan 20, 2020

Der Kurs bietet eine solide,theoretische Grundlage allerdings fehlen mir praktische Beispiele. Teilweise wurde mir zu oberflächlich über das Thema gesprochen.

By Ahmed Y S M

Jun 3, 2020

I like how it was demonstrated and structured. I faced one problem using the IBM VR lab as it said, this lab is not available for my region. I stay in Qatar.

By Nishant A S

The course does not provide in depth information about data science

Teaching pattern was good

No practical assignment is given to students to analyze data.

By Ida M P

May 13, 2020

Good introduction, but some of the course content is a little subjective and some of the interviews and videos were pretty redundant and repeated themselves.

By Sameer P

Mar 29, 2020

This course is good a lot of application of Data science were tought in videos. The program is about to increase the basic knowledge of the Data science.

By Anya B

Jan 26, 2020

Not much meat, however an intro to Data science is important, so I do appreciate this light (in terms of technical content) introduction to Data Science.

By Robert K

Jul 22, 2019

I guess it is a generally good start, but I did not really learn anything that I would consider a "hireable" skill. I need something much more technical.

By Anandu R

Dec 21, 2019

Too long an introductory course, perhaps It could've been made more concise and short. But it was a great course nevertheless and serves it's purpose

By Liujian W

Feb 16, 2019

I really don't like the assignment that asks people to do peer-reviewing. It is a big data course, how about letting it grade my assignments please?

By Rahul S

Mar 5, 2019

too much theortical information, can be summarised in short as i found repeation of same thing again and again. this course can be of max 2 weeks

By Gariyasi G

Jun 21, 2018

Good...but very basic and subjective for a MOOC. Nevertheless, a good way to introduce someone to data science - especially, for total beginners.

By kelly h

Apr 23, 2020

Its a good introduction but I wish they would have said that a Data Science career needs a ton of math and stats at the beginning of the course.

By Ram K

Jan 10, 2020

after my card is charged, the course is not proceeding. is it a scam? 3 weeks worth of course is done in 3 hours independently? are you serious?

By Neha S

Jul 4, 2020

I have learnt a lot from this course but if there would be real life case studies to get better understanding, that would have helped us a lot.

By Susana C

Oct 14, 2020

Many notions are presented in a rather confusing way. On the other hand, there is no direct connection with the organizers of the course.

By Eric G

Jun 1, 2020

I was expecting for a more practical curse then a introductory one. Althought, it is nicely express and made me anxious about continuing.

By Chamal S

May 1, 2019

Some information are outdated. Example, Jeff Immelt is no longer CEO of GE (Dr White mentioned that Jeff Immelt is betting on big data).

By S P

Jul 15, 2019

The content is not so worth to learn. Not related to data science practical area. The quiz section looks like made for just name sake.