Back to What is Data Science?

Learner Reviews & Feedback for What is Data Science? by IBM

The art of uncovering the insights and trends in data has been around since ancient times. The ancient Egyptians used census data to increase efficiency in tax collection and they accurately predicted the flooding of the Nile river every year. Since then, people working in data science have carved out a unique and distinct field for the work they do. This field is data science. In this course, we will meet some data science practitioners and we will get an overview of what data science is today....

BB

Feb 21, 2019

Excellent quality content! It's a great introductory course that really gets you interested in Data Science. I would highly recommend it to anyone curious in learning about what Data Science is about.

SB

Sep 9, 2019

Very learning experience, I am a beginner in DS, but the instructors in this course simplified the contents that made me I could easily understand, tools and materials were very helpful to start with.

9626 - 9650 of 10,000 Reviews for What is Data Science?

By Susana C

Oct 14, 2020

Many notions are presented in a rather confusing way. On the other hand, there is no direct connection with the organizers of the course.

By Eric G

Jun 1, 2020

I was expecting for a more practical curse then a introductory one. Althought, it is nicely express and made me anxious about continuing.

By Chamal S

May 1, 2019

Some information are outdated. Example, Jeff Immelt is no longer CEO of GE (Dr White mentioned that Jeff Immelt is betting on big data).

By S P

Jul 15, 2019

The content is not so worth to learn. Not related to data science practical area. The quiz section looks like made for just name sake.

By Shubham V

Dec 29, 2019

This course currently just gave me an idea of what Data Science and Data Scientists are and what they do and how they do their tasks.

By Decharpol P

Dec 17, 2020

I have learnt many clips but I feel like it was only "What is data sci". All clips I watched just told the meaning not real Data sci

By Mateo L

Feb 20, 2020

I feel like they're trying to sell me the course. these "three weeks" can be completed in a couple of days. it doesn't seem serious.

By Lucas I

Apr 30, 2019

I expected to learn to do things instead of only reading and watching videos. Anyways, I will take the next courses on the program.

By Greg M

Jun 10, 2020

Introductory course, so broadly covers topics. Good introduction for newbies but for experienced people it may be too rudimentary.

By Jaroslaw S

Feb 14, 2020

There is nothing to learn here, that is just general talking about the subject, I can read similar stuff in the internet for free

By Ahmed S

Jul 10, 2021

I've gone through this content before, Unfortunately It's kind of boring in this course, I hope it was more direct to the point.

By Jeremy S

Sep 19, 2018

All fluff, no substance. Interesting / motivating fluff and good if you know nothing about data science, but fluff nonetheless.

By Michel R

Mar 7, 2020

Good introduction about what is the data science field. For someone who doesn't know what is the scope of the data scientist.

By ainara d

Oct 12, 2020

An introductory course (meaning the course gives you general idea about data science but no details or applicable insights).

By Ali B

Feb 23, 2019

It's great course. but some reading section's doesn't interesting.

Thank you all students and professors and Coursera team.

By Geoffrey R

Jan 30, 2022

Very easy, simple, straight-forward to understand. Not much of a challenge, just gives a general and basic understanding.

By Bob N

Jan 7, 2022

D​idn't learn much, this is really just a table setter for other courses in the certificate program. At least it's easy!

By Venkata R K

Nov 2, 2020

Only recommended for starters. Experienced people may skip this part. Suggest the organizers to make this course optional

By Niclas C

Sep 11, 2019

The course gave a bit shallow introduction to data science. I was hoping for more practical training in the needed skills

By conniemojiji

Jul 30, 2019

This course is too theoretical and too slow, I think in the fits chapter should shows us different tools and methodology

By Haruna N

Jun 14, 2019

Can give you a good starting point to understand data science. I was not sure how current the information presented is.

By Adil W

May 23, 2019

It was more towards one perspective about data science instead of proper data science information and theory knowledge

By Laura N

Aug 16, 2021

Didn't feel like very useful knowledge... But on the bright side it takes way less than 2-3 weeks to take the course!

By Ximena N M C

Feb 20, 2020

Very introductory, Unnecessary for someone with some knowledge or previous experience with ML or any data analysis.

By Luis J R

Nov 14, 2020

It is too superficial. It should go deeper into techniques and best practises, even being a non-technical course