Back to Wind Energy

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Wind Energy by Technical University of Denmark (DTU)

How tall is a modern wind turbine and how can it possibly generate power from the wind? This course gives an overview of key aspects in wind energy engineering. Whether you are looking for general insight in this green technology or your ambition is to pursue a career in wind energy engineering, 'Wind Energy' is an excellent starting point. Experts located in the wind pioneering country of Denmark will take you on a tour through the most fundamental disciplines of wind energy research such as wind measurements and resource assessment, aerodynamics, wind turbine technology, structural mechanics, materials, financial and electrical systems. You will gain a rational understanding of wind energy engineering and, through hands-on exercises, you will learn to perform wind energy calculations based on simple models. Working with the different course disciplines will give you a taste of what wind energy engineering is all about. This allows you to identify the most interesting or relevant aspects of wind energy engineering to be pursued in your future studies or in your professional career. View our video: https://youtu.be/he4UWTGHxrY For other professional courses in wind energy engineering, visit our website at www.wem.dtu.dk...

AA
Jun 12, 2019

This is an amazing course that taught the complete overview of Wind Energy from economy perspective to the engineering part. Truly recommended for anyone that want to learn the basic about wind energy

RA
Apr 20, 2020

It's really very useful to research scholars to select different flatforms. I m really enjoying while answering assignments as well as quizes.. the hints that they provided are awesome... Thanks allot

176 - 200 of 1,493 Reviews for Wind Energy

By Thomas J

Feb 6, 2020

Much more challenging than I anticipated, but feel I have learnt a great deal. The difficulty ramps up in week 4 but the videos and other content is very insightful.

By MD. T H

Sep 24, 2020

Awesome. Help me a lot to improve my knowledge about a vast field in science and technology. I thank this community to offer such a beautiful course. Thank you all.

By Amjid k

It was an excellent course during which I have learned the aerodynamics of wind turbine, material required for wind turbine, basics of wind energy and beam analysis

By Ivan P

Jan 7, 2019

Excellent insight in mechanical behavior of wind turbines. General steps of wind turbine design are well explained and calculations give great sense of engineering.

By Ankita V K

May 5, 2020

The lectures, as well as the quiz, was very good, thank you very much and I want to research on bladeless turbine so one suggetions to make a course for that too.

By Raafe K K

Jan 31, 2017

The course was challenging but extremely rewarding and enriching. I enjoyed the content, and eagerly look forward to more courses in wind energy from DTU! Thanks!

By David D

Mar 28, 2021

Good crash course on Wind Energy at a university level. Doesn't dig a ton into derivations, assuming that is not critical to one's understanding of the concepts.

By Martin R

Oct 21, 2017

A very interesting and pleasant course with the acquisition of crossfunctional skills (Mechanics, Electrical Systems, Materials,...). Accessible to any engineer.

By Maria A J

Nov 7, 2020

It is a very hard course since higher mathematics and engineering subjects are used. Do the reading before the quiz because it can help you understand the quiz.

By Santiago S V

Sep 10, 2020

It is a very good Course, if you are interested in renewable energies or wind power, I really recomend this course beacuse it is very complet and undestandable.

By Ashan I

Jul 11, 2020

I learned more informations, lessons of wind energy. I'm so happy to learned this module of Coursera and DTU . Thanking for your to give this course. Good Luck.

By Umair A S

Feb 4, 2018

Really enjoyed being part of this amazing course. It was very comprehensive and videos were very well explained . It gave an excellent insight into wind energy.

By Vaishali.S

Aug 8, 2017

this course was very informative. more details on the electrical aspect would have been an added advantage. I was little disappointed with the electrical part.

By Ekmel T K

Dec 24, 2020

I have learned so much things. Thank you for everything. It was very well prepared course and the opportunity that we can reach this course at home is amazing.

By Mahmoud E

Aug 16, 2017

Very interesting course. outlines and overviewed the subject from all aspects.

I recommend all the engineers interested in renewable energy to take this course.

By Vianney P

Nov 8, 2020

A broad view on all the different areas of wind energy study, that provides good bases and possibly even some interesting details to go further on the domain.

By VAIJESH A K

A wonderful multi domain approach to wind energy. you will know all aspects from finance to mechanical to siting to data analysis. best wind energy course.!!!

By Evan S

May 14, 2020

I am interested to renewable energy resources and my final year project was about that. That's why i find very helpful with this course. Thanks to Course era.

By Ricardo G Q

Apr 3, 2020

Excellent course to get inmerse or improve in renewable generation with wind energy! Before star the course you should have math skills and engineering basis!

By Gustavo E I R

Jun 29, 2020

This has been a great course into the basic of wind energy. I feel I understand enough to bring something to any job not too technical regarding wind energy.

By Lee S Y

Mar 13, 2018

Challenging for someone like me who dropped high school physics, but the quizzes guide you in working out the correct answers when wrong responses are given.

By Sudeera R W

Dec 7, 2016

This is a very good course for those who want to learn about wind turbines. Assignments are very practical and provide everything to understand the theories.

By Dharavat N

Nov 16, 2020

excellent course for beginners, this course really help me with the basics of wind energy, Thanku so much technical university of DENMARK and COURSERA Team.

By Junaid A

Mar 16, 2020

Well-designed course. It covers all the essential components. However, there are some technical issues such as low resolution when the videos are zoomed in.

By Michael S

Nov 13, 2017

Overall it was great. I have learned something new at this course, though I have been working on wind turbines for the last 12 years. Really a good course.