Back to Health Care Innovation

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Health Care Innovation by University of Pennsylvania

In this course, you’ll learn the foundational economic theories behind health care innovation and how to optimize your own health care practice or organization. Designed to help you gain a practical understanding of the theoretical frameworks of behavioral economics and operations management in the health care setting, this course will help you apply these frameworks to assess health care practices and apply innovation while managing risk. You’ll also explore the best practices for evaluating one’s innovative practices, using real-life examples of success to see the concepts in action. By the end of this course, you’ll have honed your skills in optimizing health care operations, and be able to develop the right set of evaluations and questions to achieve best innovative practices within your organization....

KM

May 12, 2020

Very good examples of innovative solutions to health care and highlighting behavioral economics in the last part gives us an overview of possible solutions to policy making.

AK

Jul 21, 2018

The best course on Healthcare Management ever!!! Kudos to Penn Med Wharton Online team for putting together such an amazing course!!!

1 - 25 of 26 Reviews for Health Care Innovation

By Amusan M K

Jul 21, 2018

By Alexandra A M

May 09, 2020

I really enjoyed the expertise of the professors and lecturers of this course. I did not entirely know what health care innovation entailed before I signed up for the course, but I can say I have learned a lot after completing it. Thank you University of Pennsylvania and Coursera for providing this in an online capacity!

By Jacques C

Feb 10, 2020

I really enjoyed every part of every course within this specialisation. It was extremely beneficial and informative, and I feel like it will be a great primer/supplement to my further studies. Thank you to all the professors of this course for taking your time to create such a valuable resource. Cheers.

By Joseph P S

Jun 03, 2019

All the instructors were presented compelling evidence and information to help me understand how and why healthcare innovation is so vitally important. I will take what I have learned in this course with me for my entire career. Thank you to Penn!

By Kevin M

May 12, 2020

By Ekass S

Jun 05, 2020

this was a great course which consisted of both economics as well as health which made it more interesting

By Samma S A

Apr 30, 2020

as a physician it helped a lot to understand human behaviors with health choices . it was a great course

By Rafael H

Feb 12, 2019

Excellent, wishing to find more courses like this one.

By Christian P P M P

Mar 03, 2019

Very well presented and high impact points

By George F

Very Informative; I really enjoyed it!

By Amy L S

Oct 18, 2019

thanks

By Martha R

Oct 08, 2019

Very interesting information. However, it could be great to have a forum, or some kind of interactive activity in the middle of videos. Sometimes the explanations seem to be too plain.

By Robert H

Nov 07, 2019

I found the course helpful overall, I found the 3rd module to be the most difficult and hard to follow and felt there was a lot of information without real world examples.

By Didier D , M M

Apr 30, 2020

overall very insightful course. I loved the operations management part of the course.

By Vaughan W

Jul 15, 2019

Great frameworks and solid content. A good course as part of a broader foundation.

By Michael H

Jun 05, 2020

Week 1 and 4 are great. Week 3 is ok, Week 2 didn't add any value for me.

By LU Y

Week 2 is too general and badly structured compared to other weeks.

By Celine G

Nov 03, 2019

behavioural economics part was great, module 2 was not so great

By Shreya J

Jan 12, 2020

Expected this to target and talk about areas that need innovation in healthcare. For example, hospitals spend billions on x. It's something to be improved etc. The concepts thought every week were discrete and all over the place.

By Marieu

Sep 09, 2019

Interesting information. Would like to learn more cases in health institutes

By Laurance W

Oct 22, 2018

Some videos use a lot of time just to give one or two messages.

By Trevor D H

I took and passed all of the quizzes on the first try and did not watch the videos. The quiz questions should not be "what did this person say in the video" kind of questions either. Do better.