Back to International Women's Health and Human Rights

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Women's Health and Human Rights by Stanford University

This course focuses on women’s health and human rights issues from infancy through old age, including information about positive interventions relating to those issues. Learners are encouraged to interact with each other through interactive discussions. It is important to us that this course be available to all learners. We encourage you to apply for Coursera's financial aid (see link to left) if the cost of the course certificate is difficult for you to afford. Please note that you may view all materials in this course, and participate in it, without purchasing a certificate. The course was co-created by Consulting Professor Anne Firth Murray and Kevin Hsu. Anne Firth Murray is the Content Director of the course; Kevin Hsu is the Design Director of the course....

SD
Oct 14, 2020

A wonderfully insightful course, with many real-life case studies that reveal the ingrained and systemic abuse that so many women face. The course had the right balance of videos and reading material.

MC
Mar 2, 2019

This course is very complete, professors and collaborators can provide extremely important information to your learning regarding women Human Rights.\n\nI also appreciated all the resources available.

76 - 100 of 311 Reviews for International Women's Health and Human Rights

By Raissa R

Aug 31, 2020

Fantastic learning experience. Quite comprehensive curricula, very simple though profound contents, reliable expertise-based curatorship and coordination by Ann Murray Firth. Thank-you so much!

By Mariana R P L

Apr 14, 2021

The course is great, I highly recommend it. It offers a very interesting and complete overview of women's health as human rights, and plenty of materials, documents, videos, texts to learn.

By Rosalind M

Jul 30, 2020

A very enlightening, interesting and well-structured course that provides an excellent overview of human rights and inequality for women, and what can be done to overcome the issues raised.

By Jana B

Oct 23, 2020

This is so far the most interesting and at the same time complex and challenging online course that I have taken. The content was extremely informative. I really enjoyed it. Thanks a lot!

By Maria A S

Aug 10, 2020

Incredibly informative, insightful and well composed. Professor Murray is a pleasure to listen to and the diverse group of women she interviews throughout the course are truly inspiring.

By Diwakar K

Jun 24, 2020

Its a highly informative and amazing reading journey with mesmerizing literature. It will surely make one question a lot of issues and thematic area in Women's Rights and Health Issues.

By Libe A

Sep 26, 2017

Thrilled to see that this type of content is finally in Coursera. It is a topic that I believe is vital to cover and I hope that similar courses will soon be available in this platform.

By Luminita G

Mar 6, 2020

It was a great experience, and I learned more than I hoped for! Very well organized, incredible readings and speakers. I fully recommend this course for anyone who believes in justice.

By Sylwia M

Dec 24, 2020

I have never come across such a detailed and interesting course, covering so many topics, absolutely for free. It is obvious that it has been created by the truly passionate people.

By Pamela Z

Aug 5, 2020

Excellent!! Every woman, anyone who identifies with the female gender must take this course and realize their freedoms and rights and how much more they can help with this platform!

By Catalina L

Dec 2, 2018

I will recommend this course very much. I liked how it gives you a wide idea of the main issues regarding women. I would however recommend more readings on Latin America. Thank you!

By Sara V C R

Apr 11, 2021

Este curso ha sido un gran avance para mi, he aprendido tantas cosas que anteriormente no sabia, estoy muy agradecida con Coursera y la Universidad de Stanford por esta oportunidad

By Carla F

Feb 2, 2021

I wish everyone in the world could have time for and access to this ourse. Is socially relevant and necessary in order to have a wide perspective of women struggles still nowadays.

beautiful, empowering and realistic. It was painful to know the reality of women in the world but I appreciate the knowledge I gained and how my reality impacts. Greetings friends!

By Rita T B

Oct 17, 2020

In depth learning on women's situation in today's globalized world: from a young age until old age. I really enjoy taking this course. The knowledge you acquire is really amazing.

By Payal S

Oct 13, 2020

You learn more than you’d ever expect to. Each module is detailed and with peer reviews you read first hand experiences of topic learnt in class. Really glad I took this course!!

By Afreen A A

Jan 6, 2020

A very informative and fun course. It really helped me a lot as a law student. Inspired and rejuvenated, I plan to write a research paper. the instructor is specially fantastic!

By Marcela d P

May 6, 2019

Great course! The readings and lectures are very interesting and it tries to cover every single relevant issue related to women's health and rights. I have really enjoyed it!

By Aisling M

Jul 2, 2018

Really interesting and stimulating. Defienetly makes you think differently about the world and womens rights from the very first week. Would absolutely recommend to everyone!

By Paulo R V P

Nov 28, 2017

Excellent course, with a lot of information about women's health and human rights in the international context. The course develops skills on human rights advocacy, too.

By JOHN Q

Jan 15, 2018

IN THIS ERA OF EQUAL RIGHTS ACTION AND AWARENESS (HOPEFULLY) THIS IS AN IMPORTANT COURSE. MY THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE WORKED TO MAKE THIS COURSE TOPICAL AND AVAILABLE.

By Aastha G

Jun 1, 2020

This course was extremely enriching, engaging and insightful. I would highly recommend it for anyone involved in social work, political or social science, health etc.

By Emel A

Mar 3, 2021

great presentation, coverage of materials and experts!

also, a lot of videos from experts, NGOs, people working on the field!

I will definitely recommend this course!

By Prachi B

Jul 23, 2020

Amazing and really changed my perspective and learnt so many new things of injustice on women. This motivates me to do good work for women and spread the awareness

By Paulina C M

Jul 20, 2020

Es una excelente opción para conocer más sobre derechos humanos y la salud de la mujer en sus diferentes etapas, ojala más gente pueda hacerlo, super recomendado!