Back to International Women's Health and Human Rights

Learner Reviews & Feedback for International Women's Health and Human Rights by Stanford University

This course focuses on women’s health and human rights issues from infancy through old age, including information about positive interventions relating to those issues. Learners are encouraged to interact with each other through interactive discussions. It is important to us that this course be available to all learners. We encourage you to apply for Coursera's financial aid (see link to left) if the cost of the course certificate is difficult for you to afford. Please note that you may view all materials in this course, and participate in it, without purchasing a certificate. The course was co-created by Consulting Professor Anne Firth Murray and Kevin Hsu. Anne Firth Murray is the Content Director of the course; Kevin Hsu is the Design Director of the course....

MC
Mar 2, 2019

This course is very complete, professors and collaborators can provide extremely important information to your learning regarding women Human Rights.\n\nI also appreciated all the resources available.

SD
Oct 14, 2020

A wonderfully insightful course, with many real-life case studies that reveal the ingrained and systemic abuse that so many women face. The course had the right balance of videos and reading material.

276 - 300 of 304 Reviews for International Women's Health and Human Rights

By Bruna H S L

Amazing

By Abdinasir H I

Jun 21, 2020

Good

By Cassie

Mar 1, 2021

A great course on international law on women. I love that they cover a wide-ranged topic, from education, violence, economy for women and so on. It's very organized and although I must admit I'm not used to reading so much materials, this course really helped me see through my own experiences and to what happens around the world. Thank you Stanford University, thank you Anne Murray and other people that had worked for this. Truly opened my eyes.

By SMITA D

Mar 7, 2021

The course was very good in creating awareness and educating regarding gender issues, women's health. Also, it helped to create a context for learning further on various sub-topics. The only downside was that the readings took much longer than the suggested times, despite being a proficient reader in English. I would appreciate it if this aspect would be reviewed.

Dr. Anne was splendid, as is her book FOTC!

By Alicia P

Nov 14, 2017

A really informative course, with lots of interesting and engaging content. I liked the community nature of the course, which allowed me to review and comment on other students work. I would recommend this course to anyone who wants to know more about women's health and issues in different countries, and for people who want to think academically about their own country's issues.

By Serwaah A

Mar 30, 2020

Personally, taking this course has been a worthwhile. I have learnt a lot and acquired good knowledge and understanding on issues that affect women's health. What I find special about this course is the approach of analyzing these issues from a human rights perspective. This reinforces the fact that women rights = human rights. Great learning experience.

By Gabriella H

Very interesting course that should be a part of everyone's high school or university curriculum!

A lot of self reading. As this is an online course, it would be great to add more video content with more expert interviews or more visual presentations with key facts and data, instead of putting up a list of books to read.

By sofia o i

Oct 15, 2020

Muy buen curso, ofrece mucho material de lectura y permite la retroalimentación de parte de otros estudiantes del curso. El único problema es que gran parte del material audiovisual se encuentra caído y al ser un curso antiguo no presenta mayor material en plataformas web (videos o fotos)

By Kaudha M A

Sep 19, 2017

I recommend this course for a lot of women out there, it will encourage you to make a difference for all the women out there that have no voice , it has empowered me to fight for women s rights and health, injustice among other vices oppressing women in our society today.

By Alyssa S

Jan 20, 2021

Through this course I learned so much about the challenges and issues women face around the world. It is very well explained and each week has a topic. I will definitely put my knowledge to good use and share what I learned with my community.

By Maritina P

Jan 17, 2018

Very educational and interesting course on women's rights and access to healthcare. Ideal for beginners of this field who want to enhance their knowledge on the subject. A lot of useful learning material. Recommended.

By Divya-Kala B

Oct 28, 2018

Covers the basic foundations of Women's Health and Human Rights. The speakers and guest lecturers are truly qualified and diverse. Pegged down one star as the online community link doesn't work.

By Tatiana I

Mar 28, 2021

very hepful and a smart way for people to learn new things online, it also helps me to prioritize things better, help me understand my time management better and learning new prespectives

By Cathryne R B

Dec 2, 2017

I have just started doing this course and its really already opened my eyes to see more than i could have thought i would learn during this course. I can't wait to Finnish the course!

By Aneena P E

Oct 19, 2019

This course was really interesting and helped me to learn a lot. Recent statistics would have made the course more effective in my opinion.

By ananya j

Nov 2, 2020

It was highly educational. would recommend it to anyone interested in learning about women's issues and their impact on society as whole.

By Liz R

Nov 5, 2020

Very intersting, but a little outdated. This course is only for people who have a LOT of spare time, as there is a LOT of work.

By Carla L F V

Aug 18, 2020

I loved the course, I just think that the readings are excessive

By Jennifer A A P

Aug 22, 2020

Exceptional course with various teachings.

By Latoya S L

Jun 25, 2020

Good course

By D. F C

Sep 11, 2019

The assignments should not be peer-graded because it is too subjective as people live in different social environements. However, the course topics are absolutely interesting!