Back to How to Change the World

Learner Reviews & Feedback for How to Change the World by Wesleyan University

How can we use the things we share in common to address some of the most challenging problems facing the world? This course examines issues concerning poverty, the environment, technology, health care, gender, education and activism to help us understand better how to initiate positive change....

YC
Sep 6, 2017

Great experience that has changed my perspective of the world and my role in it. I would like to take this opportunity to thank professor Roth for taking on this course and offering it to everyone.

VP
Sep 6, 2017

Honestly, my knowledge has broadened quite a lot on social issues face by various individuals today. I loved doing this course because its a real eye-opener.

26 - 50 of 51 Reviews for How to Change the World

By Margaret F

Sep 17, 2016

This was a fascinating and thought-provoking course. Could there be a further one?

By Adrian Z

Feb 21, 2019

Very well presented. Excellent content. Practical. I learned a lot.

By Mohamed A G

May 9, 2017

This course is a broad and understanding of the world

By Everardo G

Jun 28, 2016

Michael Roth is an extraordinary profesor.

By Ghofran M J

Mar 15, 2021

Everything in this course I like it.

By Linda M

Jul 31, 2017

This is a very insightful course.

By Sam N

Mar 8, 2017

Great professor, great class!

By JOHN Q

May 18, 2017

TIMELY.

By Amit k

May 11, 2021

good

By amera

Mar 28, 2021

wow

By Alexandra D S

Sep 14, 2017

t

By Faustyna H

Feb 8, 2021

A little bit outdated, but still very valuable lessons and frameworks for thinking about tackling the world's most pressing problems. I found many of the readings and videos (particularly the snippets from the Social Good Summit) to be very interesting and moving. I would have loved a different, more reflective and holistic final essay prompt—but overall, I enjoyed this six-week journey and feel better equipped to talk about impact and change with others.

By Eva B

Sep 27, 2016

Very good and interesting course. The assignments could have been a little more difficult for me, but it was good tht they made you think about how you can improve yourself and how you can help others. Also reading each others assignments was really helpful and inspiring.

By Siyad A E

Aug 29, 2018

An interactive Course!

By Scott A

May 3, 2021

overall, interesting concepts and discussions. the videos and interviews are far too long. Could easily be reduced by 25% without losing the narrative. the course is clearly more than a few years old and needs updating - for example, there are mentions of how strange online video tools are, which are now generally commonplace. I also found the instructor to be very distracting - he often spoke overtop of people, and I found his tone quite patronizing. Unfortunately that tone overshadows the intent of the course.

By Markus W