Back to Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order by University of Michigan

This course will teach you how to use your written words to become more persuasive. You’ll learn creative ways to use syntax, effective techniques for telling stories, and a clever method for arranging a complex series of information. You’ll also get a chance to both professionalize your use of punctuation and add a bit of style and sophistication to how you craft everything from sentences to slogans. In addition, you’ll get access to a wide range of books and other resources you can use even after you finish the course. These include (1) the readings and exercises provided to the students who have taken the in-person version of this course at the University of Michigan and the University of Chicago; (2) two digital libraries of excellent writing from a diverse collection of journalists, scientists, novelists, poets, historians, and entrepreneurs; and (3) a monthly “Good Sentences” email. Social media has only accelerated the ways in which we all must learn to use our writing to connect, compete, and create—sometimes all at once. So join us for this first course in a four-part series and experience the many benefits, both personal and professional, of becoming “good with words.”...

PD

Dec 7, 2021

It is an excellent course that offers deep insights into the importance of words, it's usage in professional writing, and the impact it makes. I've learnt a lot from the course. Thank you Coursera.

Jul 1, 2020

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Excellent teaching and excellent material. Everyone can improve their professionalism by taking Professor Barry's writing on course, it's not just for lawyers.

126 - 150 of 341 Reviews for Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order

By Neil G

Aug 31, 2021

It is so much better than I imgained it would be. I am truly better at writing after completing this course

By Tara M

Mar 6, 2021

Take this course if you want practical tools to improve their writing. It's engaging, educational, and fun!

By Shailaja K

Jun 29, 2020

Word choice and word order was an excellent course to begin writing and learn the nuances of writing well .

By rajveer r

Jul 6, 2021

D​o yourself a favour and take this course. Somethings are meant to be belived before one experiences it.

By Ronnie G

Oct 17, 2020

I love all the lessons I learned from this course. I'll make sure that my notes won't just stay on paper.

By Sourabh M

Feb 9, 2021

A very inspiring and much needed course that will start you on a journey that was important and ignored.

By Iryna L

Sep 5, 2020

Very helpful for everyone who wants to improve their writing skills. Good for advanced English learners.

By Amanda S

Mar 10, 2022

I thouroughly enjoyed Professor Barry and this course. I'm looking forward to the next in the series.

By Rahul J

Nov 26, 2020

This class is really good to become a good writer and I have learned a lot during this course I took.

By Mark L

Feb 24, 2021

An excellent course that enlightens, strengthens and challenges the attendee to be a better writer.

By Leisle E

Jan 31, 2021

Excellent course, interesting and engaging with very practical tips on how to improve your writing.

By Abdul H K

Aug 18, 2021

T​he style, the flow, and the course contents. Everything was splendid. Thank you Professor Barry!

By Amira M E

Nov 19, 2021

I've learned more about writing in this one course than in my entire college experience. Take it.

By Katya L M

Jun 8, 2020

This course is fun, dynamic and endlessly insightful into the mundanity of being good with words.

By Tony C

Dec 21, 2020

I really enjoyed the learning materials and the way Professor Patrick Barry explains everything.

By Tina P

Jul 13, 2020

I learned a lot from this course so I decided to take all four under the specialization course.

By Eva S

Dec 15, 2020

Amazing experience. I understood everything perfectly. Very detailed explanations. Great Job.

By Nay C H

Oct 20, 2020

A very good course for people who finding improvements on writing skill in English language

By Lorna O

Oct 19, 2020

Amazing course! Deeply informative, inspired, and helpful to my career and life! Thank you!

By Arohi S H

Oct 24, 2021

An awesome course , an awesome professor and very efficient for students learning online.

By Matheus S

Jan 22, 2021

Thank you Mr. Barry! I learned a lot from you in this course, and I'm a fan of your books

By JANE N

Jan 28, 2021

Wonderful course! I greatly improved my writing skills and feel much more confident now.

By Margaret L y

Oct 16, 2020

Excellent course with a lot of very useful tips! Patrick Barry has an amazing approach!

By KARTHIK R B

Jul 2, 2020

It was a great course which explained many aspects of English grammar and vocabulary.

By heinrich l

Apr 14, 2022

I​t really helping non-english native speaaker use word much precise and approiacte