Back to Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order by University of Michigan

This course will teach you how to use your written words to become more persuasive. You’ll learn creative ways to use syntax, effective techniques for telling stories, and a clever method for arranging a complex series of information. You’ll also get a chance to both professionalize your use of punctuation and add a bit of style and sophistication to how you craft everything from sentences to slogans. In addition, you’ll get access to a wide range of books and other resources you can use even after you finish the course. These include (1) the readings and exercises provided to the students who have taken the in-person version of this course at the University of Michigan and the University of Chicago; (2) two digital libraries of excellent writing from a diverse collection of journalists, scientists, novelists, poets, historians, and entrepreneurs; and (3) a monthly “Good Sentences” email. Social media has only accelerated the ways in which we all must learn to use our writing to connect, compete, and create—sometimes all at once. So join us for this first course in a four-part series and experience the many benefits, both personal and professional, of becoming “good with words.”...

PD
Dec 7, 2021

It is an excellent course that offers deep insights into the importance of words, it's usage in professional writing, and the impact it makes. I've learnt a lot from the course. Thank you Coursera.

MT
Nov 16, 2021

Professor Barry is skilled and compassionate in teaching the writing course. He's very clear with how he discuss concepts and make learning easier. And he's got a good taste in good sentences.

126 - 150 of 313 Reviews for Writing and Editing: Word Choice and Word Order

By Tina P

Jul 13, 2020

I learned a lot from this course so I decided to take all four under the specialization course.

By Eva S

Dec 15, 2020

Amazing experience. I understood everything perfectly. Very detailed explanations. Great Job.

By Nay C H

Oct 20, 2020

A very good course for people who finding improvements on writing skill in English language

By Lorna O

Oct 19, 2020

Amazing course! Deeply informative, inspired, and helpful to my career and life! Thank you!

By Arohi H

Oct 24, 2021

An awesome course , an awesome professor and very efficient for students learning online.

By Matheus S

Jan 22, 2021

Thank you Mr. Barry! I learned a lot from you in this course, and I'm a fan of your books

By JANE N

Jan 28, 2021

Wonderful course! I greatly improved my writing skills and feel much more confident now.

By Margaret L y

Oct 16, 2020

Excellent course with a lot of very useful tips! Patrick Barry has an amazing approach!

By KARTHIK R B

Jul 2, 2020

It was a great course which explained many aspects of English grammar and vocabulary.

By Kevin J S

Dec 7, 2021

A great course to review and revise some writing basics and to learn something new.

By dan a

Jan 26, 2021

The instructor does an amazing job. The material is concise, energetic, and catchy.

By Gelinda L T

Dec 13, 2021

The instructor make you want to rewrite everything you have ever wrote to any one.

By Maioha T

Nov 27, 2020

I feel very confident in my writing abilities after taking this course. Thank you!

By Kasuntha M

Apr 11, 2021

Great course to learn about Writing and Editing. I highly recommend this course.

By Laine D

Oct 18, 2021

I love Patrick's style of teaching and will definitely take more of his courses.

By Donna C

Mar 19, 2021

One of the best online courses I have ever done, both in structure and content.

By Yang C

Jun 11, 2020

It was different from the writing courses I took before. Learned a lot from it.

By Mbah C F

Sep 15, 2020

This was very helpful and hopefully I will be able take part in other courses.

By Volodymyr G

Oct 11, 2020

Great course for mastering your writing skills and your skills as a speaker.

By 6335

May 29, 2021

If you are looking for basics in writing then stop thinking and just enrol.

By Patrícia R

Apr 17, 2021

Full of interesting and useful insights. Will certainly improve my writing.

By Michele E B d S

Jul 26, 2020

One of the best courses I have taken on this subject. Thank you very much !

By Anandita S

Jul 18, 2020

It was a great course! Learned a lot of stuff. Thank you to the instructor.

By Meriem A

Dec 10, 2020

Very informative and pushes you to devolop your reading and writing skills

By Smita T

Nov 22, 2021

Too good. I enjoyed the course. I feel proud, being part of this course.