Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

326 - 350 of 403 Reviews for Business Writing

Nov 18, 2017

good!

By silivia l s q

Dec 29, 2019

Good

By Avis O M

Nov 18, 2019

Good

By Ayush P

Sep 11, 2019

good

By Se J O

Jul 15, 2018

good

By Zoqeen A

Jan 24, 2020

Jul 09, 2018

G

By ZHANG H

Jan 21, 2017

Thanks you very much for teaching this course!

You taught this course well. First, you introduced the vital principals of good writing. Second, you taught scaffolding, a useful tool to organise. Third, you taught techniques for revision. Lastly, you link course to design and presentation, a natural extension of writing in business world today (how i wish to go back to the old days when there are no presentations).

I found the videos slightly too brief to let the idea or technique to sink in. This can be augmented by additional reading material. Also, to allow techniques become second nature, it will be even better if there are more exercises. A option to do more exercises can be a good idea. You can consider putting this into a book!

by the way, my scaffold below lol

-principals

-scaffold

-techniques for revision

-it links to graphic design and presentation

-more examples and practices

By Thomas B

Jan 24, 2018

The business writing course is very good. Learning paths are clear, Videos and the tutors in it are excellent and the knowledge transfer worked brilliantly for me. I appreciated the quizzes and peer reviews to test my learnings and reflect how my writing changed to the better. Even everyone must pass the guidance-quiz on how to rate others, the number of words should be measured electronically. It's the highest rate and receiving these points is relevant to pass. Wrong ratings and thereby failings could be minimized.

By Michael K

Feb 10, 2020

I gave the overall course a 4 star rating due to the material presented. The content was laid out well, and presented at a good pace. I almost gave the course a 3 star based on constructive input on my writing. I was hoping there might have been a professional analysis of my writing at the beginning and end of the material. Also, I am not in favor of non-professionals evaluating my work.

Once again, I liked the course, but missed that personal feedback.

By Iman A

Aug 08, 2017

The course is great in terms of content and engaging lectures, but I wish some of the assignments weren't peer-graded only. It's always more useful to get feedback from a professional person, an expert at their field. However, I really appreciate the constructive critique I received from my peers. Other than that, The course is perfect! Thanks to Coursera and Dr. Quintin.

By Amy

Feb 17, 2020

Good techniques and tips. Weeks 1 and 4 helped me the most.

Videos needed more editing. Some lessons, especially the round table conversations, were too long and spent too much time advertising the other specialization courses. Watching at 1.25x/1.5x speed helped.

Would recommend - many people would benefit from following the course lessons.

By Joyce S

Oct 16, 2018

This course helped provide important, timeless principles for business writing. Quentin's teaching methods are so enjoyable, it felt like a breeze going through the material, until you come across the difficult assignments! Has just the nice amount of pre-quiz lessons and homework at appropriate difficulty levels.