Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

301 - 325 of 334 Reviews for Business Writing

By Nooshin

Dec 01, 2017

It was a great course, but I think need more practice and assignments.

By Juliane S

Jul 15, 2017

It was a good course. Very clear explanations and simple to follow. Many of the techniques taught were obvious, but once you actually consistently apply them to your writing they will undoubtedly make a big difference. It is a good foundation course for effective writing.

By Esteban B

Oct 24, 2016

Very useful to improve business skills, well structured and practical.

By Thomas B

Jan 24, 2018

The business writing course is very good. Learning paths are clear, Videos and the tutors in it are excellent and the knowledge transfer worked brilliantly for me. I appreciated the quizzes and peer reviews to test my learnings and reflect how my writing changed to the better. Even everyone must pass the guidance-quiz on how to rate others, the number of words should be measured electronically. It's the highest rate and receiving these points is relevant to pass. Wrong ratings and thereby failings could be minimized.

By Omkar T

Oct 16, 2017

This is very good specialization course on effective business writing got to know many insights on how important is the business writing is our day-to-day life.Enroll for it...worth learning

By Alwaleed K M D

Aug 02, 2017

A very interesting course that has changed my way of writing in general to more concise, easy-to-read and organized texts. Where writing is all about Quality not Quantity.

Big thanks to Dr. McAndrew,

By Namrata S

Apr 03, 2017

This course on Business Writing is very helpful. It has helped me to gain basic knowledge on Business writing. This has also made a good impact on my work and produce better results with positive outcomes.

By Iman A

Aug 08, 2017

The course is great in terms of content and engaging lectures, but I wish some of the assignments weren't peer-graded only. It's always more useful to get feedback from a professional person, an expert at their field. However, I really appreciate the constructive critique I received from my peers. Other than that, The course is perfect! Thanks to Coursera and Dr. Quintin.

By Antonio L N

Aug 08, 2017

Very useful business writing techniques. I would have wanted the course to provide more specific advice on how to effectively translate complex ideas into clean, simple paragraphs.

By Raghav K

Dec 06, 2017

Could've had more practice quizzes.

By ZHANG H

Jan 21, 2017

Thanks you very much for teaching this course!

You taught this course well. First, you introduced the vital principals of good writing. Second, you taught scaffolding, a useful tool to organise. Third, you taught techniques for revision. Lastly, you link course to design and presentation, a natural extension of writing in business world today (how i wish to go back to the old days when there are no presentations).

I found the videos slightly too brief to let the idea or technique to sink in. This can be augmented by additional reading material. Also, to allow techniques become second nature, it will be even better if there are more exercises. A option to do more exercises can be a good idea. You can consider putting this into a book!

by the way, my scaffold below lol

-principals

-scaffold

-techniques for revision

-it links to graphic design and presentation

-more examples and practices

By Sarthak G

Dec 02, 2016

Excellent course to learn the basics of business writing.

By Smrity M

Feb 25, 2018

Good but too basic

By Susmitha A

Feb 18, 2018

This is a good course for starters.

By Nicole

May 29, 2019

great course! it's useful for my business wrti

By Casheera B

Jun 04, 2019

It was a great and interactive course. I love how the tutor made the concepts concise and comprehensive. I started the course a bit wary and intimidated but now I am confident.

By KEIKO M S

Jun 20, 2019

The lectures are easy to understand and very simple, so I can practice

By Satheesh M

Jul 10, 2019

Its Good

By Mohamed Y M

Aug 05, 2019

best of the best thank you

By Jean J R I

Aug 15, 2019

Thank you for this amazing experience in writing skills! I learned a lot

By Ahmed A A M

Aug 24, 2019

we need more information in using punctuation

By Abegail T

Aug 25, 2019

Has definitely changed my presence in work environment. Has improved my confidence in writing . There has been a noticeable change in my work contribution

By Rekha M

Sep 15, 2019

Good course for effective communication.

By Faith

Aug 30, 2019

Its an excellent course if you want to improve the way you write for different audiences.