Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

251 - 275 of 804 Reviews for Business Writing

By Yidan W

Feb 02, 2019

Highly recommended! I learned a lot through clear principles and examples about business writing.

By Viet T

Jul 27, 2017

Very good and useful course for everybody who want to improve their writing skill.

Thanks so much.

By Suhaas M

May 23, 2020

The positive tone of the instructors stands out in this course. It kept me engaged and inspired.

By A. F M M H B

That's a very good course for improving business writing.I suggest everyone to attend this cours

By Mukta S

Dec 09, 2019

I love the way this course is been designed and taught. It is simple, effective and interesting.

By Bruno F

Nov 16, 2016

Excellent course with a clear and practical application. I've recommended for my team to enroll.

By Khalid A I

Sep 28, 2020

It was 4 weeks of life-changing and I will apply this experience to my daily business writings.

By Claudia C H H

Jul 12, 2020

Muy buen curso. Conciso e interesante. Es bastante dinámico y da muchos ejemplos. ¡Recomendado!

By Mohamed R M

Oct 26, 2019

It's an awesome course.

Thank you Coursera and thanks to everyone participate in this course ♥️

By Joyshree S

Feb 14, 2017

Simplicity at its best! Whether you feel you need this course or not, you are sure to enjoy it.

By Lau H T

Apr 28, 2020

I enjoyed Business Writing and found the 10 writing principles to be really useful. Thank you!

By Nazir A k

Oct 29, 2018

I learned alot from this course.this is very good and helpup to specielly profesional peoples.

By prashant

Sep 04, 2018

Learned about all the minor things which we used to forget and make experience of readers bad.

By Jeremy D

Nov 14, 2017

I really enjoyed the course. I wish it was longer. I do still struggle with the grammer rules.

By Darya S

Jan 21, 2017

I enjoyed the course very much. It is perfectly structured and delivered. You got me inspired!

By preet n

It really helped me in understanding business writing. I am thankful for such a good course.

By Shah M A R

Jul 27, 2020

I learned a lot of new things and the method of teaching was easy, impressive , and precise

By Bryan C

Sep 30, 2020

An excellent course that provides the most important tools to improve your writing skills.

By Daniela V

May 07, 2020

I loved this course! It was so well organized and clear. I definitely recommend taking it!

By David T

Apr 26, 2020

Highly recommend this course. Everyone needs to know how to write precisely and concisely!

By JIng Z

Feb 11, 2020

Very informative , I would highly recommend any business professionals to take this course

By Fukudome K

Nov 08, 2019

This course provided me many new tips on business communication with others. So valuable!

By Nikhil D

Dec 16, 2018

This course has been so helpful to clarify the thought process for effective communication

By Lisa A C

Nov 20, 2017

Amazing! I've honestly learnt so much, and improved myself.

Thanks Quentin, you were great.

By Sonali B

Aug 04, 2020

The most insightful and one of the best courses for content writers! Truly a masterpiece.