Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

201 - 225 of 350 Reviews for Business Writing

By Shraddha K

Jun 06, 2018

This course is wonderful for Business writing skills.

By Catherine R

Jun 17, 2018

It is a great tool for anyone looking to improve their writing skills. My memos and presentations have improved thanks to the editing tips and examples that are showcased.

By Alejandra B

Mar 01, 2018

This course includes very important and useful techniques for a better writing. It was a smooth experience, easy to comprehend and apply. I loved watching the videos. The course is interesting and entertaining.

By Tim A

Jun 05, 2018

An excellent course that sets you up with a solid foundation and formula for professional business writing. I have been able to apply the concepts and frameworks immediately

By Nodir S

May 27, 2018

It brought my writing skills to professional level.

By Duygu B A G

May 28, 2018

I really enjoyed the course as it was easy to follow, to the point, no nonsense. I think I already started applying the most important ones. Though, it will take time to excel on grammar inputs, I started practicing already. I thank instructors for great structure, clarity and superb video teaching coupled with quizzes and notes. It was such a good experience.

By Vishvendra S T

Apr 03, 2018

This is a must take course for all the business professionals who are seeking to learn effective writing skills. In today's business world, Time is the costliest investment for everyone. By writing effectively, we not only convey an effective message with fewer words, but also save time of the reader.

All the very best!

Make the best of this course!

By Courtney F

Mar 25, 2018

I know that some feedback on this course is that it is too basic, but I'd have to disagree. First of all, all writers of business documents are well-served to be reminded of "the basics" from time to time. Secondly, there are components of this course that are less intuitive than just applying pen to paper and scribbling away. The design and organization sections are something I haven't seen in prior business writing courses, and the grammar refresh was a part of the course I felt valuable, if only to dust off some cobwebs. I would encourage anybody looking to become more adept at a full suite of business writing skills to consider taking this course.

By Wesley H

Jul 09, 2018

G

By Ahmed A

May 25, 2018

I loved the course! I strongly recommend it!

By Amor L

Nov 08, 2016

I love this course! It is interesting and helpful!

By Melinda C

Oct 10, 2016

Great course!

By Joyshree S

Feb 14, 2017

Simplicity at its best! Whether you feel you need this course or not, you are sure to enjoy it.

By Mimi

Oct 27, 2016

This course forces you to think about how well you communicate. It emphasizes a "clear and to the point" style. Your writing may not change drastically overnight, but just being aware of the concepts taught in this course will help you improve.

By Jessica L

Dec 18, 2017

Great writing lessons I was able to apply immediately.

By Г В В

Mar 28, 2018

))))))

By Zainab m t

Jul 06, 2017

i admire the way you introduce the course

By Gustavo P

Nov 26, 2016

It was excellent!!

By Ayo A

Jan 16, 2017

This course is useful basically in all spheres of life. Thumbsup

By Heinrich M R

Sep 29, 2017

Really an exciting course, i recommend it to everyone, who needs

By Harfishah K

Jul 03, 2017

Very useful and easy to understand.

By Нурдосов М Н

Feb 04, 2018

good luck

By Govini M M

Jan 18, 2018

It's an eye opener and it has thought me a lot about writting.

By Samar H

Sep 23, 2017

It is a good course for improve our skills like writing

By Zhi

Dec 02, 2016

basic but very useful skills and tips.

easy style (good articulation, short videos, discussion from time to time) which is good for people with full-time jobs.

Lecturers organize a few events on Facebook and recommendations of reading from time to time --> a good approach of social and staying connected.