Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

176 - 200 of 351 Reviews for Business Writing

By Nitul S

Jun 07, 2018

This course has been a great mind exercise. I heartily thank the teachers and Coursera Team for teaching these skills that will help me professionally as well as personally.

By Guan J

Sep 05, 2017

very helpful and informative!

By C. C

Oct 09, 2016

Awesome course, I never realized how fun a course could be. I am learning a ton of stuff and am passing all the quizzes and assignments so far and the professors are so easy to learn from, they really thought of everything when programing this business writing course. I would recommend that anyone that is thinking of writing as a career that you will learn a lot and that any career you are going for that writing will help you in every way.

By Borja E J T

Dec 01, 2016

This course on business writing has been extremely useful to me. There were parts which were more general and simple, and others which gave specific advice, but all of them taught something new. I would strongly recommend it to anyone who wants to get his message across effectively and efficiently at work. And don't worry if you're not a native English speaker, because I'm a Spanish student and had no problem at all! I am going to take the next course of the Specialization Programme without a doubt.

By Olti G

Dec 14, 2016

Well taught and great content .... what you learn is very useful, especially thanks to practical exercise tests

By Chris F

May 16, 2017

Learn what's needed to present the best professional version of yourself via writing.

By Hend N

Feb 12, 2018

It's amazing Course and instructor. I completely gained a real knowledge which make me able to understand a lot about business writing . I do thanks Coursera for giving me this chance to improve myself.

By Eka P

Dec 30, 2017

Great experience, easy to follow yet impactful course. Thanks Quentin for the less

By Rashmi A

Apr 27, 2017

The instructor provided great tips on how to write clearly and with authority.

By Sue K

Jul 06, 2017

I enjoyed this clear, thorough and well-planned course. I found the information really helpful and easy to apply. Thank you!

By Tanisha M

Dec 25, 2017

A very helpful and easy to learn course!

By Melinda C

Oct 10, 2016

Great course!

By Joyshree S

Feb 14, 2017

Simplicity at its best! Whether you feel you need this course or not, you are sure to enjoy it.

By Mimi

Oct 27, 2016

This course forces you to think about how well you communicate. It emphasizes a "clear and to the point" style. Your writing may not change drastically overnight, but just being aware of the concepts taught in this course will help you improve.

By Jessica L

Dec 18, 2017

Great writing lessons I was able to apply immediately.

By Khaled A A

Nov 10, 2016

very nice and intersting

By Avneet K

Apr 10, 2017

It was a very nice experience to be a part of this course. I have learnt a lot about effective writing and many hidden tips that we often ignore while writing.

By Шонин И Н

Feb 04, 2018

Usefull course

By Bhargav B

Oct 16, 2016

The course is well structured and helps to acquire writing skills in a effective way. It is fantastic.!

By Gihan I

Aug 21, 2017

Enjoyed this course on Business writing presented by Dr. Quentin McAndrew; her presentations are always to the point and clear. The key points on effective business writing are put across in 2 to 5 minutes videos which always kept my attention due to a relaxing background and excellent camera work. Looking forward to continuing into the Design Course.

By Ellyka A d S G

Feb 22, 2018

Very good.

By HANEEN B

Sep 22, 2017

Helpful course to improve your way of writing.

By Irina

Dec 28, 2016

Excellent charismatic lectures make it a real gem.

By Monir I H B

Feb 19, 2018

This is the best writing course I've ever taken. Simple, concise and effective. Many thanks to the instructor.

By BHARAT N M

Mar 27, 2017

It was really a great journey to learn Business Writing Skills ! This course did add a lot to my Tool Box for the Writing, Editing & Proof Reading for Good Business Memo. I would like to recommend this course to all those, who want to be a good writer for the Business.