Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

101 - 125 of 703 Reviews for Business Writing

By Dattatray R K

Apr 18, 2020

The course is very well designed Dr. Quentin McAndrew along with her colleagues David and William. It will surely help me in improving my day to day business communications.

By Nitul S

Jun 07, 2018

This course has been a great mind exercise. I heartily thank the teachers and Coursera Team for teaching these skills that will help me professionally as well as personally.

By Tim A

Jun 05, 2018

An excellent course that sets you up with a solid foundation and formula for professional business writing. I have been able to apply the concepts and frameworks immediately

By Oluwatobi G

Dec 09, 2016

The classes and assignments were worth the time and effort because my writing is better. The facilitators have done a brilliant job arranging the course and specialisation.

By Pradheepa G

Jul 11, 2020

It was an excellent learning. I loved it! I recommend this course to every person who wants to improve his business writing skills in a quick, possible and beneficial way.

By Catherine R

Jun 17, 2018

It is a great tool for anyone looking to improve their writing skills. My memos and presentations have improved thanks to the editing tips and examples that are showcased.

By Phylicia B

Oct 30, 2016

This course is great!

It teaches you to write well in business and changes your perspective on writing.

Write for the reader not for yourself,the writer.

Best course ever!!!

By K S S C S

Apr 08, 2020

I am an MBA student. The course covered the basics of business writing. Dr. Quentin McAndrew is an amazing faculty. She taught everything in a simple and effective way.

By Jimmy L

May 07, 2020

Brilliant! A clear, concise and compelling course delivered in a fun way. I love that I am able to apply newly acquired skills immediately. Thanks Dr. Quentin and team.

By Rakesh G

Aug 04, 2020

This course provided easy to use recipes to make your writing effective. Dr. Quentin has a hit course on her hands. The course content and presentation was very good.

By vedika j

Jan 23, 2019

This is well structured course and it covers all the small details of Business Writing that are often overlooked. Also, I loved Professor Quentin's style of teaching.

By Jesús E N L

Mar 11, 2018

It was a surprise to me that in business writing, i would have to simplify my writing but overall its a good class and teaches so much about becoming a better writer.

By Afifa S

Sep 25, 2019

Amazing Course and a game changer for every professional. To the point, clear and excellent structured lessons for the learners.

Highly recommended course for sure

By Paco M

Sep 26, 2017

The course is essential for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills. There is just so much that is condensed into the course without sacrificing quality.

By Shashank J

Mar 20, 2017

Very well designed and organised course. Profs discussions were very interesting. Assignments were awesome. I'll recommend this to all non-native English speaker.

By Thomas S

Aug 11, 2016

The Specialization on Business writing: taught me how to speak with authority, To value Clarity and brevity in my sentence structure, and always revise my work.

By Priyangaa A

Aug 05, 2020

This is a very useful course for all fresh graduates. The skills taught helped me be a better writer in a professional setting. Thank you to all the lecturers.

By Hicham B

I developped confidence and power in business writing. It is well structured and easy to follow.

I highly recommand this course to all profesionnals.

Thank you!

By Colleen B

Jan 02, 2020

This course will help you with writing more greater brevity and clarity. It will help you to recognize areas of weakness. Great investment of time and money.

By Avneet K

Apr 10, 2017

It was a very nice experience to be a part of this course. I have learnt a lot about effective writing and many hidden tips that we often ignore while writing.

By Nazari J A

Oct 17, 2018

I would like to thank To: Coursera Team and UNHCR Colombo and ZOA Center. this course Was very effective and professional course. I love it

Nazari, Jawid Akram

By Sylvia L

Oct 15, 2019

The tips and suggestions from this course have been super helpful. I have been using the techniques in my email and daily communication. Highly recommended.

By Brandalyn G

Oct 22, 2018

Dr. Quentin introduced me to concepts I had not yet been introduced to in this way. I really appreciate having the opportunity to advance my writing skills.

By ELAINE H

Sep 28, 2016

The business writing course is excellent. The format that used to deliver the subjects was direct and easy to follow. I enjoy the business writing course.

By Anisa M Y

Jul 15, 2020

I absolutely loved this course. It was straight to point and I learned quite a bit which I have implemented already. The instructor was clear and concise.