Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

101 - 125 of 335 Reviews for Business Writing

By Amit S

Dec 13, 2016

Kudos to Quentin and team. i congratulate everyone for putting effort and designing such a beautiful course. i thoroughly enjoyed attending this program. Exceptional presentation. I highly recommend to people who are interested in honing their skills.

By Safa K

Sep 23, 2017

One of the finest, learning opportunity. Thanks to Coursera and the amazing mentors

By Paco M

Sep 26, 2017

The course is essential for anyone who wants to improve their writing skills. There is just so much that is condensed into the course without sacrificing quality.

By Pablo V I

Apr 26, 2017

I recommend this course to everybody, it is dynamic, interesting and fun. The purpose is to learn Business English and you will get it!

By Diana C

Nov 15, 2017

Great course. Clear, entertaining and business focused.

By HANEEN B

Sep 22, 2017

Helpful course to improve your way of writing.

By Nancy G G

Dec 02, 2017

I immensely enjoy the persons teaching this course, especially Quinton. She adds a passion to her teaching that makes writing, and even learning grammar an exciting thing! This course seems to simplify what I used to think was so very difficult and confusing.

By Rashmi A

Apr 27, 2017

The instructor provided great tips on how to write clearly and with authority.

By Khaled A A

Nov 10, 2016

very nice and intersting

By Sue K

Jul 06, 2017

I enjoyed this clear, thorough and well-planned course. I found the information really helpful and easy to apply. Thank you!

By Avneet K

Apr 10, 2017

It was a very nice experience to be a part of this course. I have learnt a lot about effective writing and many hidden tips that we often ignore while writing.

By Tanisha M

Dec 25, 2017

A very helpful and easy to learn course!

By Шонин И Н

Feb 04, 2018

Usefull course

By Marie A O

Jul 20, 2017

Excellent profressor and writing course.

By Mubarak B

Sep 02, 2016

Great way to learn the techniques of good writing. Thanks Coursera and the tutors.

By Vitor F M F

amazing course!

simple and to the point

By Michail S

Sep 08, 2017

Excellent course, very good lectures and great tips to improve your business writing skills. The course teaches the basics of great business writing and challenges you to elevate your writing. Highly recommended!

By Janelle D

Sep 14, 2017

It is a great course. It helped me write a proper memo for business. It is one factor why my grades for this semester is high in Operations Management. It was really easy to follow.

By Jayakajan N

Oct 22, 2016

It is valuable and useful course to develop the writing skill.

By Vincent S

Nov 30, 2017

I found this an incredibly simple course, but that doesn't mean easy. The modules were laid out well and Quentin provides great detail in her instructions. I am using the tools every day and I know that the clarity is coming quickly.

By Nitul S

Jun 07, 2018

This course has been a great mind exercise. I heartily thank the teachers and Coursera Team for teaching these skills that will help me professionally as well as personally.

By Guan J

Sep 05, 2017

very helpful and informative!

By C. C

Oct 09, 2016

Awesome course, I never realized how fun a course could be. I am learning a ton of stuff and am passing all the quizzes and assignments so far and the professors are so easy to learn from, they really thought of everything when programing this business writing course. I would recommend that anyone that is thinking of writing as a career that you will learn a lot and that any career you are going for that writing will help you in every way.

By Jeremy D

Nov 14, 2017

I really enjoyed the course. I wish it was longer. I do still struggle with the grammer rules.