Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace. This course can be taken for academic credit as part of CU Boulder’s Master of Science in Data Science (MS-DS) degree offered on the Coursera platform. The MS-DS is an interdisciplinary degree that brings together faculty from CU Boulder’s departments of Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Science, and others. With performance-based admissions and no application process, the MS-DS is ideal for individuals with a broad range of undergraduate education and/or professional experience in computer science, information science, mathematics, and statistics. Learn more about the MS-DS program at https://www.coursera.org/degrees/master-of-science-data-science-boulder....

YS

Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

MA

Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

76 - 100 of 1,141 Reviews for Business Writing

By Vinal R G

I have noticed the smallest errors that I make while writing my documents and after this course I'm sure I'll be able to deliver a good and attractive document. Also I've become more professional and a better designer in writing my documents and emails.

By Amit S

Dec 13, 2016

Kudos to Quentin and team. i congratulate everyone for putting effort and designing such a beautiful course. i thoroughly enjoyed attending this program. Exceptional presentation. I highly recommend to people who are interested in honing their skills.

By SRADHA C R

Oct 23, 2020

By learning this course the learners can gain the skills of good writing and the rules for it. This course will be so useful for the learners who want to develop the skills of good writing under the guidance of the Professor. Quentin Mc Andrew madam.

By Maxine J W

Jan 14, 2018

Professional, effective and enjoyable. Gripping, well written and presented lectures, broken into small, easily digest-able chunks of learning. Would recommend this course to all those new to the field of business, be they students or professionals.

By Vedashree J

Oct 3, 2020

It was great to learn from the instructors. It improved my business writing, presentation, and design makes my understanding better. I learned how to correct grammatical mistakes. The quizzes were organized well.Thanks for introducing this course.

By Nathan W

Jun 27, 2020

I loved the writing style tips. The rules for grammar are clear and helpful. Coursera's learning style is convenient. Some grammar mistakes in the course materials (a quick run through Grammarly Pro should solve it), but the content is refreshing.

By Jacob N B

Mar 13, 2018

I love that this course doesn't require me to participate in discussion boards. Very few people ever participate, so it just feels like a waste of time when they're required. The pacing is also perfect. I hope there are more courses like this one.

By Krzysztof N

Sep 22, 2020

Great course, it taught me to pay attention to a lot of writing aspects that I used but was not important or even wrong lie using passive voice, wishy-washy words, lack of structure, and inclusions that I applied way too frequently in my writing.

By Dalia T

Oct 16, 2017

Clear and concise instruction from Professor McAndrew. The best writing techniques are passed down to students in digestible nuggets. I've always had a passion for writing, but this specialization really reinforced that love and honed my skills.

By Mimi D

Oct 27, 2016

This course forces you to think about how well you communicate. It emphasizes a "clear and to the point" style. Your writing may not change drastically overnight, but just being aware of the concepts taught in this course will help you improve.

By vallabh D

Jul 24, 2021

Business writing specialization course by Coursera will defiantly help to improve writing effective, concise, short communication which will help to reduce readers time. It will help for effective business communication. Thanks Coursera Team !!

By HILARY H

Jun 17, 2020

To Dr Quentin McAdrew

Good morning, Dr. Thank you for conducting this course. It is very good course indeed and eye opening to me on need to practice best writing practice. Thank you Dr and Good Luck to you.

Regards

Hilary Hiew

17 June 2020

Malaysia

By Radhika S

Jun 9, 2020

The course of Business writing will enhance your skills as well as build confidence within an individual. I would urge each individual to opt this course to enhance your language as well as this will help you be professional in your writing,

By Malgorzata S

Mar 1, 2020

I am very pleased with the contents of the course. Up until starting it, I have not been aware of the many techniques discussed and now that I have finished it, feel much more confident in making my writing more concise. Highly recommended.

By pavithra s

Mar 14, 2019

Brilliant course! Witty mentors. Loved their combo. This entire course is short and crisp with the essential lessons. As they taught the course is in peak of clarity, and brevity. It would be nice if I can get some more videos on designing

By Gladys G M R

Dec 27, 2018

The course was easy to understand and provided many useful tips. I'm very thankful for the effort you made creating such an amazing course, I have no doubt that putting into practice what i've learn, will improve the quality of my writing.

By BRIJESH K V

Excellent course on business writing.

Very well designed & explained with quick learning techniques.

This course is really very helpful to improve professional writing skill.

Special thanks to course instructor - Quentin, David and William.

By Dhinesh A D

Jun 2, 2020

Must take course to improve your writing skill. The lectures accurately underlines the common mistakes people make in writing memos and e-mail. The course offers best practices for writing, that is a great tool to structure your writing.

By Salomea C

Mar 10, 2020

Fantastic course. I can recommend to anyone wanting to improve as a professional, no matter what field or position they are in. Intuitive, easy to follow and certainly not boring. I was eager to go back to learning every week. Thank you!

By Deepti L

Feb 9, 2022

It was an engaging course with lots to take away from. It taught basic business writing and helped me improve my writing, communicating with a lot of easy tips from the educator. The peer grading assignments are very helpful to learn.

By Aamir C

Oct 7, 2020

To much think learn in this course,It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from,It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

By vince s

Nov 30, 2017

I found this an incredibly simple course, but that doesn't mean easy. The modules were laid out well and Quentin provides great detail in her instructions. I am using the tools every day and I know that the clarity is coming quickly.

By Tuhina A

Oct 28, 2020

It is an exceptionally well, easy to implement course. I could immediately put the lesson learning to practice and see improvement. I would recommend this to all those who want to be able to express well in writing and be clearer.

By Lia F

Apr 13, 2018

I audited this course and even though I did not get to take the quizzes or participate in the assignments it improved my writing and revision skill. It was incredibly informative and easy to follow. I highly recommend this course.

By G. A W

Jul 17, 2020

This was exactly what I needed. Even though I notice lingual slacking in others writing I try to be forgiving. I try not to do it myself, but I have fallen into some bad habits and will remember what I learned in this course.