Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

76 - 100 of 393 Reviews for Business Writing

By Karalynn N

Oct 20, 2019

I mean, there were things I had trouble understanding, but I'm an English-Second-Language user. Overall this felt easy to understand and easy to learn.

By denzel

Mar 05, 2019

Excellent course!

key messages are very clear and easy to follow. The teacher arrange the progress of course properly. Thanks for your brilliant work!

By Cherice T

May 08, 2019

This course was easy to follow with practical steps. My writing has improved along with increased confidence. I highly recommend this specialization.

By Insaf K

Sep 13, 2019

The principles taught are simple and will transform the way you write. I am writing more clear, concise and to the point versus before. Thank you

By Maria P

Oct 18, 2019

Although all the information provided in the course is simple and straightforward, I learned new things and structured the ones I already knew.

By Pedro B

Apr 04, 2019

For m e it was helpull to learn new and simple trick that help you write better, concise and most of all in a clear and understandable way.

By Gian G

Nov 27, 2017

Quentin has such a mastery of what makes good writing, and she teaches it so comprehensively and powerfully in her Business Writing course.

By Laura G N

Jan 09, 2017

The course is interactive with short videos and useful quizzes. I totally recommend it to anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.

By Dee A W

Nov 11, 2018

The video instruction by Dr. McAndrew was straightfoward and easy to follow. I have taken all my class notes to work and use them daily.

By Alex C

May 31, 2018

Phenomenal writing course. You will learn all the basics to improve as a business writer. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

By Devansh P

Dec 06, 2017

Well structured and easy to learn . Covers all the points which can help you in making an efficient and professional business document.

By Pablo V I

Apr 26, 2017

I recommend this course to everybody, it is dynamic, interesting and fun. The purpose is to learn Business English and you will get it!

By Jared A

Jul 24, 2017

This is an excellent course because it's practical. We apply what we learn immediately. Highly recommend this as a refresher course.

By Ethan B

Aug 15, 2018

This is a great course and the teaching quality is unbeatable. I would recommend to anyone who wants to improve their writing skills.

By Kriti P

Aug 19, 2017

This course is designed so creatively that it will help learners like us to make every second comfortable while dealing with others.

By Jeenoor P K

Aug 12, 2019

This course helps a lot for who writes many documents in routine and I will say it gives us strong foundations in business writing.

By Jeffery S

Mar 19, 2019

This is a great course to sharpen writing skills or to introduce key writing principles. The lessons are very effective and clear.

By Jin T L

Jul 30, 2018

I chose Business Writing as part of my company training.

It was a meaningful and good choice.

Thank you for your good education.

By Catherine D G

Jan 03, 2019

Exceptional course! Your enthusiasm, encouragement, and dedication to making this a great MOOC have set the bar high. Thank you.

By vinitha

Jul 21, 2017

This course taught me things that my job cold never teach me. Quentin was very efficient in training and delivering the content.

By Tanya M N

Aug 01, 2019

A fantastic course. I could implement the knowledge I received immediately and it made such an amazing difference to my work.

By Jerod G

Aug 31, 2018

Great course! Although i wish i knew the honors portion started week 3 so I could have planned ahead for the extra workload.

By Thai-Hoa L

Apr 09, 2018

Dr. Andrew taught the class exactly according to the best writing practices. That is to write simply, clearly, and concisely.

By Eun-young S

Jul 12, 2018

I learned many practical tips. I am more conscious about my writing and started to notice others' mistakes after the course.

By Sue K

Jul 06, 2017

I enjoyed this clear, thorough and well-planned course. I found the information really helpful and easy to apply. Thank you!