Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

76 - 100 of 793 Reviews for Business Writing

By Ellis K P

Nov 15, 2016

Great course!

For me this course ended too quickly. I think the business writing aspect of this specialization can be divided into two or three courses, so that we may get more time to practice and learn new things.

By Michail S

Sep 08, 2017

Excellent course, very good lectures and great tips to improve your business writing skills. The course teaches the basics of great business writing and challenges you to elevate your writing. Highly recommended!

By Alejandra B

Mar 01, 2018

This course includes very important and useful techniques for a better writing. It was a smooth experience, easy to comprehend and apply. I loved watching the videos. The course is interesting and entertaining.

By Tanya N

Really enjoyed and learnt a lot from all the esteemed professors.

Special thanks to Dr. Quentin for teaching smoothly and helping to clear misconceptions which was not noticeable earlier. I look up to you!!

By Hend N

Feb 12, 2018

It's amazing Course and instructor. I completely gained a real knowledge which make me able to understand a lot about business writing . I do thanks Coursera for giving me this chance to improve myself.

By Florince R A M

Sep 05, 2016

Dr. Quentin kept the course engaging. Finished it in 4 days because of the way she taught. The course is extremely useful and the lessons will stick. The practical applications of this course is endless.

By YKALYAN K

May 15, 2020

faculty teaches precise content. they provide tricks and tips which helps you to tackle any situation in writing. please do join this course, it will be very beneficial to us. it will hone your skills.

By Jaima S

Jan 10, 2018

By Yennitzzia S I M

Jan 04, 2020

This course really helps to improve on things that might look easy but that we don't normally check, and is really easy tp carry on and understand, even for me that english isn't my first language.

By Mohammed S

Jun 30, 2020

Yes, I came to know about my mistakes in the means of writing a business letter. I have also rectified several times. I intend not to make mistakes any further. This course has been very helpful.

By Khanh D

Jun 28, 2020

The course is really helpful for me. I like how Dr. Quentin expressed her own experience of bad writing. I related myself a lots and it gave me courage to follow the course to improve my writing.

By Rocha B

May 14, 2020

I loved each of my trainer the kind of energy and knowledge is worth your time. This course gives you a holistic and in depth information on Business writing skills. I recommend this course.

By Nelson C J Q

Jun 28, 2020

Easy to follow, funny and well-designed progression! Don't expect to have a lot of further information resources, this course is practical, awesome quizzes and useful specific suggestions.

By Paula I

Nov 20, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to develop this course, it has been informative and insightful. I look forward to utilizing the knowledge I have gained to present my best self going forward.

By Zohra A

I enjoyed this course. It was designed to teach critical writing skills in a simplified manner. I enjoyed the peer-review aspect as it gave me a chance to actually practice what I learnt.

By Christine M

Apr 10, 2020

Excellent course for improving business writing skills and writing skills in general. Lessons are chunked up making the learning task much easier and less daunting. 10/10 would recommend.

By Jessica G

Feb 28, 2019

An excellent refresher on the principles of good business writing. We all need to take a course like this and every year or two, to give us a chance to reflect on and improve our writing.

By Shirley ( L

Sep 04, 2020

Great course with simple yet strong content. This class brought many minor things in business writing to my attention. One thing I wish was that we could have more homework for practice.

By Myeong G C

Oct 09, 2019

This course is really helpful to everyone. Students could learn basic witting skills and it covered all level students. I would like to recomemnd it someone who is hesitating to take it.

By Renuka E

Jan 09, 2020

Iam very happy by this coursera in the specialisations of writing, design , and effective communication. After this coursera iam feeling good in bussines writing. Thank for coursera.

By Jessica S

Aug 02, 2020

Es un excelente curso, su contenido es increible, pero desafortunadamente existe una restriccion de fechas que te hace empezar de cero, si te pasas de la fecha establecida.

Es una pena

By Leila T A

Oct 15, 2017

I picked up many useful skills and highly recommend this course to managers at any level. The material is presented in a fun way, and I studied mostly on a bus when commuting to work.

By Janelle D

Sep 14, 2017

It is a great course. It helped me write a proper memo for business. It is one factor why my grades for this semester is high in Operations Management. It was really easy to follow.

By Merle B

Sep 26, 2016

This is a very helpful course that is taught in a fun, interesting way. I have been writing for business for many years and I still learned quite a bit from Dr. McAndrew's course!

By amberwang1987

Dec 14, 2019

This course is amazing. It teaches English writing skills in a concise and highly efficient way. It's very suitable for busy professionals as all the videos are short and compact.