Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and twenty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS

Jun 12, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

JS

Jan 10, 2018

Even if English is your first language, this course was a great refresher of how to apply writing skills to email and business documents. I would recommend to anyone looking to sharpen their skills.

76 - 100 of 317 Reviews for Business Writing

By Nazir A k

Oct 29, 2018

I learned alot from this course.this is very good and helpup to specielly profesional peoples.

By Hyun D P

Nov 02, 2018

This course is my favorite course because as the English learner, it teaches a lot of formal ways and practical methods how to deliver my message to others. Thank you very much for the teache

By Nada O

Nov 05, 2018

Enjoying it all and looking forward to the other modules.

By Brenda T

Oct 24, 2018

Excellent refresher course, also a lot of new information.

By Ngueuche A B

Oct 24, 2018

The course is very essential for everyone. A life changer in writing.

By Dee A W

Nov 11, 2018

The video instruction by Dr. McAndrew was straightfoward and easy to follow. I have taken all my class notes to work and use them daily.

By Dattatreya J

Jul 18, 2018

Excellent!!! Course Material.

By Valeria A

Aug 02, 2018

I

By Rebecca W

Aug 20, 2018

This course helped guide me in the right direction

By Bhagabat P M

Jul 20, 2018

Great course in business writing, it is of great help, thank you so much Quentin!

By Connie H

Aug 23, 2018

Very useful

By Tolulope O A

Aug 06, 2018

Will definitely recommend coursera for anyone who desires personal development.

By Nelli M

Jul 22, 2018

Brevity and conciseness are essential skills for successful Business writing!!!

By Dong h K

Oct 13, 2018

great course

By Hannes H

Sep 30, 2018

Straightforward skills which make a big difference if mastered.

By George K

Oct 01, 2018

The course is amazing, easy to digest, and teaches the essentials of good business writing efficiently.

By Xiyun W

Oct 02, 2018

This course has very clear instructions. I enjoyed it very much.

By MAYUR D K

Sep 20, 2018

excellent

By Ana F

Aug 09, 2018

It is very well designed and taught. I learned a lot with this course.

By Bhargav B

Oct 16, 2016

The course is well structured and helps to acquire writing skills in a effective way. It is fantastic.!

By Gihan I

Aug 21, 2017

Enjoyed this course on Business writing presented by Dr. Quentin McAndrew; her presentations are always to the point and clear. The key points on effective business writing are put across in 2 to 5 minutes videos which always kept my attention due to a relaxing background and excellent camera work. Looking forward to continuing into the Design Course.

By Duygu C

Mar 16, 2018

What a great course! I was immediately able to apply the recommendations to my work emails for example. I also found the grammar section quite useful. Especially the use of which & that, but also use of and & comma. This course points out flaws in your writing , which you probably didn't think you had, and gives practical solutions to these flaws. Thank you!

By Ellyka A d S G

Feb 22, 2018

Very good.

By Chen-Ta C

Feb 10, 2018

Really powerful and useful. Love it

By Lisa A C

Nov 20, 2017

Amazing! I've honestly learnt so much, and improved myself.

Thanks Quentin, you were great.