Back to Business Writing

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Business Writing by University of Colorado Boulder

Writing well is one of the most important skills you can develop to be successful in the business world. Over seventy companies and thirty thousand students--from professional writers to new employees to non-native English speakers to seasoned executives--have used the techniques in Business Writing to power their ability to communicate and launch their ideas. This course will teach you how to apply the top ten principles of good business writing to your work, how to deploy simple tools to dramatically improve your writing, and how to execute organization, structure, and revision to communicate more masterfully than ever. From the very first lesson, you'll be able to apply your new learning immediately to your work and improve your writing today. Your ideas are powerful. Learn how to deliver them with the clarity and impact they deserve. "Thank you for giving me the knowledge I need in life. [Business Writing] was helpful, life changing, and has made a huge impact in my writing." -- Message from a Business Writing student The principles you'll learn in this course enable you to become a great business writer. They also provide the foundation for moving into Graphic Design and Successful Presentation, so that you can unleash your best professional self whenever--and however--you present your ideas in the workplace....

YS
Jun 11, 2017

It was an exceptional course with lots to take away from. It taught basic building blocks of business writing and then built upon it which provided a great way to self learn the content of the course.

MA
Nov 29, 2020

THIS COURSE IS VERY HELPFUL FOR EVERYONE\n\nWHO WANT TO LEARN HOW TO WRITE MEMO HOW TO DESIGN IT HOW TO ADD HEADING POINTS\n\nI LEARNED HERE EVERY SINGLE THINGS THAT HAPPEN IN REAL LIFE\n\nGOOD COURSE

51 - 75 of 1,053 Reviews for Business Writing

By Sifat N

Jan 5, 2020

Dr. Quentin McAndrew, were you appearing on my computer screen or you were giving your lecture sitting right in front of me? It felt so real and amazing! I never felt it was an online course. I am confidently saying that on completion of this course your writing process will change and you will find a better writer within yourself.

By Ivan T

Feb 7, 2019

This is the best business writing course on Coursera. It gives you a clear set of instructions how to organize your ideas, build a structure, and execute. Other courses are mostly boring grammar-heavy or ppt-heavy lectures which do not address the main point - how to write more efficiently. I highly recommend it.

By Cynthia A

Sep 25, 2018

I found the course straight forward, enlightening, and challenging. The instructors were easy to listen to and learn from. Learning to write with clarity and waist no time with easy to read ideas, is not so easy. I will continue to practice on being transparent and confident when writing, through practice.

By Zhi

Dec 1, 2016

basic but very useful skills and tips.

easy style (good articulation, short videos, discussion from time to time) which is good for people with full-time jobs.

Lecturers organize a few events on Facebook and recommendations of reading from time to time --> a good approach of social and staying connected.

By Dorcas K

Aug 18, 2020

This course isn't just a Business Writing course! Yes, you'd learn about Business Writing but you'll also improve your grammar, and writing skills in general. I've learnt to own my writing, and ensure clarity and brevity at all times. Dr Quentin McAndrew is the best! I highly recommend this course.

By Assel A

Dec 19, 2020

I like the course as it teaches main principles and techniques of good writing. The language is good and simple to understand, it is supported by the visual illustrations and life situations. And tests allow checking the acquired knowledge. I've got more than I expected from this course. Thanks!

By Ananya S

Jun 18, 2020

The course is great. It helped me gain new skills. We often overlook minute details and errors, but those are important in presenting ourselves professionally. I would recommend you to take this course thoroughly, do the assignments and quizzes. You'll notice the change in your business writing.

By Mita M

Feb 2, 2017

Loved the course. The instructors are awesome. I just wish I could have taken the quizzes. I couldn't take them because I chose to enroll for the audited version of the course. I learnt the major concepts of business writing. Moving forward I will have to keep the primary principles in mind.

By Orlando T

Aug 26, 2017

Very useful. This course covers in a smart way the basics of writing, the very set of rules that must be in any piece of writing communication we produce as professionals. I loved particularly the chunked rules of good writing, and their recall in several examples throughout the lectures.

By Monica B

Dec 18, 2019

The first section of this course has improved my writing from day one! I enjoyed the instructor, easy to follow and repeat videos as needed and the quizzes and writing assignments were helpful. I look forward to learning more in the Design and Presentation section of this specialization!

By Karlene H

Feb 9, 2021

This course has provided me with a tool kit for editing and my business communications. I have found this very helpful and I actively try to reference the tips and tricks provided to enhance my messaging. I have received positive feedback highlighting improvement in my presentations.

By Thomas U

Feb 11, 2021

This course teaches you the to change your approach of writing entirely. While all single topics appear to be easy it turns out that they are more than challenging. I think this part of the course will impact me most in my future life. Thank's a lot for all the hints and "tricks".

By Abdullah S M

Oct 1, 2020

The course was designed really well. It helps students understand how to write business memos or emails effectively and professionally. I would definitely recommend you to go with this course. It will show you the way to make yourself skillful in the business writing area.

By BHARAT N M

Mar 27, 2017

It was really a great journey to learn Business Writing Skills ! This course did add a lot to my Tool Box for the Writing, Editing & Proof Reading for Good Business Memo. I would like to recommend this course to all those, who want to be a good writer for the Business.

By BEECHARAJU S 1

Aug 15, 2020

The course will polish your writing skills in English. After taking the course I'm able to correct the mistakes I make during writing. The course has helped me transform my daily English writing skills. Highly suggest this course even if you are a native English speaker.

By IRIABIJE O T

May 23, 2020

I will recommend this course to anyone. When I started this specialization, I thought I knew what writing entails but thanks to Quinine, who brought so much light to my writing world. I have learned the importance of making your writing concise, simple, and organized.

By Youpheng L

I had a superb learning experience in this course! It covered the essentials and best practices which empower me to write with clarity, confidence, and impacts. I highly recommend this stimulating course to prospective learners who eager to excel in their professions.

By Roshan B P

Jun 21, 2020

Really its a helpful course and the way professor taught with real-life examples and with her energetic and charming face which I think keeps me attentive in class.

It's a highly recommended course for all with any profession and age doesn't matter for this course.

By Nicole M

Aug 2, 2020

This course was a lot of fun!

Dr. Quentin taught the important parts of business writing using her experience. It's great to have learned from one of the best in this field.

My writing has improved a lot.

It will definitely help me with my learning design writing!

By Michael K

Apr 14, 2017

Dr. Quentin McAndrew's "Business Writing" is a strong course. It can be a applied to all forms of business writing; documents, memos, emails, video scripts, and web copy. Be warned, you will never look at another email from your colleagues the same way again.

By Nikita U

Oct 1, 2020

It was very interesting, informative, and worth attending the session. I have learned a lot and also gained insights into the sensitivity of business writing . I look forward to enrolling again in some language courses related to university teaching pedagogy.

By Nancy G G

Dec 2, 2017

I immensely enjoy the persons teaching this course, especially Quinton. She adds a passion to her teaching that makes writing, and even learning grammar an exciting thing! This course seems to simplify what I used to think was so very difficult and confusing.

By Mariel J T

Nov 28, 2020

I learned a lot from this course. It's great that this course emphasized essential points in business writing. It helped me in my work reports that my supervisor told me the improvements he observed. I took so many notes just so I won't forget. Thank you!

By Vinal R G

I have noticed the smallest errors that I make while writing my documents and after this course I'm sure I'll be able to deliver a good and attractive document. Also I've become more professional and a better designer in writing my documents and emails.

By Amit S

Dec 13, 2016

Kudos to Quentin and team. i congratulate everyone for putting effort and designing such a beautiful course. i thoroughly enjoyed attending this program. Exceptional presentation. I highly recommend to people who are interested in honing their skills.