Bachelor of Science in General Business
University of North Texas
Who is this degree for?
- Those with 45 or fewer transferable college credits.
- High school graduates who have been participating in the workforce and would like to advance or change their career pathway.
- Adult learners who are looking for an affordable way to earn their bachelor’s degree online around their work, family, and other life responsibilities..
- Individuals who plan to achieve their bachelor’s in business and prepare for an MBA.
If you will be transferring credits from another institution and are looking to complete your bachelor’s degree, UNT’s Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree could be a fantastic fit. Learn more here.
The Bachelor of Science in General Business from the University of North Texas is an ideal program for you if you want flexibility in your business career and you’re interested in attending a top research university where you’ll undergo interactive training. The program is priced competitively and offers high value when compared to similar programs. If you plan to get your MBA from UNT as well, you can obtain your master’s in just 36 credit hours instead of 48.
The benefits to “Apply now” before the priority deadline:
- Engagement with financial aid advisors and become eligible for a larger pool of financial aid funding sooner.
- After being admitted, you can place yourself in the running for a UNT scholarship Learn more
- Be fully admitted by June 1st to be eligible for the UNT Transfer Excellence Scholarship.
- Engage with your BSGB academic advisor for degree completion planning.
- Once admitted, you can take one of UNT's non-credit courses for free, to better prepare for the Fall session. Learn more
- Once admitted, you can access professional certificates for free through UNT’s Career Academy.
|Fall 2023 Key Dates|
|Application Priority Deadline||July 1, 2023|
|International Application Deadline||August 1, 2023|
|Admission Requirements Deadline||August 1, 2023 for International Students & August 16, 2023 for U.S. Students|
|Classes Begin||August 21, 2023|
- Go to Apply Texas
- Create a profile by entering your personal information.
- Select "Create a New Four Year University Application" or update your existing ApplyTexas application. Select Continue to move to the next screen.
- Under "Target University," select University of North Texas (Denton).
- Under "Application Type," select either Freshman, U.S.; Transfer, U.S.; or Readmit, Undergraduate (if you are a returning UNT student.) Select Continue.
- Select a semester and select Continue.
- Under "Select School," click the "First Choice School" dropbox and choose College of Business and select Continue.
- Select the "First Choice Major" dropbox. Choose General Business-Online BS and select Continue.
- Click Continue to my Application to get your application number and to save your input.
By following these steps, UNT’s admission office will automatically consider all of the academic credits on your transcripts. This is important because the number of accepted credits impacts your classification, your overall GPA, and your ability to qualify for transfer scholarships. Additional information about other requirements, fees, and important deadlines is available at UNT Admissions.
Access the University of North Texas website at admissions.unt.edu/apply-now to create your application and apply via ApplyTexas.
- For domestic applicants: $75.00
- For internation applicants: $85.00
Official high school transcripts (electronic preferred. Official transcripts will continue to be accepted through January 19th to ensure an admission decision for the Spring 2023 start date.
If transcript submissions are after the Spring start, we will continue to process these entries for the next upcoming start date.
Standardized Test Scores
SAT, ACT and GRE scores are optional, but strongly encouraged for financial aid purposes).
The application process is designed to be simple and straightforward, and you will not need to submit an essay, letters of recommendation, or test scores to complete the application. Meeting the requirements above will guarantee you admission, but individual applications will be reviewed separately.
Texas Success Initiative
TSI for New Students
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a state law that requires all Texas public institutions to determine college readiness in reading, writing and mathematics for all degree-seeking undergraduates, including incoming freshman and transfer students, for both on-campus and online courses. TSI status does not affect your admission to the University of North Texas. Learn more about TSI at UNT. Prepare for the TSI assessment with UNT's College Math Prep non-credit open course.
- The International transfer student application on ApplyTexas.org, on the hosted Coursera app, and the Common App is $85. Students are responsible for this payment.
- The English requirements for international applicants are one of the following:
- A DuoLingo score of at least 100/160
- TOEFL score of 79 or above
- IELTS score of 6.0 or above
- APTE score of 53 or above
- International students who attend and graduate from high schools overseas are not required to submit SAT/ACT test scores for admission.
- UNT Admissions does not accept Developmental or English Language classes as credit. UNT Admissions will only accept international vocational/technical credit from a university level technical program.
- International Official Transcripts must be sent to UNT in their Native Language and English. The English translation must be certified. Please note, the only third party evaluator UNT accepts is World Education services (WES).
- International students can be admitted with an unofficial International Transcript emailed to the UNT Admissions Office. However, you must send your official transcripts to UNT to formally register for courses.
- The University of North Texas will need a full marksheet with credentials/transcripts, not a consolidated version sent to the UNT Admissions Office.
- Currently, the UNT Admissions Office does not use an electronic transcript service to receive International Official Transcripts. International Official Transcripts MUST be mailed to UNT Admissions for an admissions decision:
Mailing Address: University of North Texas Office of Undergraduate Admissions 1155 Union Circle #311277 Denton, TX 76203-5017
Physical Address for Courier Services (FedEx, UPS, etc.): University of North Texas Office of Undergraduate Admissions Eagle Student Services Cente, Room 305 1147 Union Circle Denton, TX 76203
B.S.G.B.. students can talk to an enrollment counselor during the application process, so please reach out to UNT-BSGB@coursera.org with any questions.
Applications for the Fall 2023 cohort are now open. Classes will start in August 2023. Learn more
- Application Priority Deadline (U.S. Students): July 1, 2023
- Application Deadline (International Students): August 1, 2023
Admissions Requirements Deadline
- August 1, 2023 for International Students
- August 16, 2023 for U.S. Students
Online Program Overview (International Students) | March 29 @ 10:30 am CT -Register now!
Online Program Overview (U.S. Students) | April 6 @ 6 pm CT -Register now!
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.
We encourage you to investigate whether this degree meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.