Bachelor of Science in General Business
University of North Texas
Who is this degree for?
- Freshmen with little or no college experience, interested in beginning with basic core and pre-business courses.
- High school graduates who have been participating in the workforce and would like to advance or change their career pathway.
- Adult learners who are looking for an affordable way to earn their bachelor’s degree online around their work, family, and other life responsibilities..
- Individuals who plan to achieve their bachelor’s in business and prepare for an MBA.
If you will be transferring credits from another institution and are looking to complete your bachelor’s degree, UNT’s Bachelor of Applied Arts and Sciences degree could be a fantastic fit. Learn more here.
The Bachelor of Science in General Business from the University of North Texas is an ideal program for you if you want flexibility in your business career and you’re interested in attending a top research university where you’ll undergo interactive training. The program is priced competitively and offers high value when compared to similar programs. If you plan to get your MBA from UNT as well, you can obtain your master’s in just 36 credit hours instead of 48.
You are guaranteed admission to UNT if you have over a 3.0 high school GPA. If you don’t meet the GPA requirement, you may be eligible for admission based on your high school ranking, test scores, or by individual review. Learn more here.
|Fall 2022 Key Dates|
|Early application deadline||March 18, 2022|
|Application deadline||July 15, 2022|
|Classes begin||August 29, 2022|
Official high school transcripts (electronic preferred)
- Submit all of your official transcripts by June 30th for exclusive UNT BSGB giveaways!
- Official transcripts will continue to be accepted through July 30th to ensure an admission decision before the Fall 2022 start date.
- If transcript submissions are after the Fall start, we will continue to process these entries for the next upcoming start date.
- Please note, uploading all official transcripts electronically is recommended for quicker admission entry.
- Application fee
- (Optional) SAT or ACT scores
You may fill out your application through either the Coursera application, the ApplyTexas website, or the Common App. You will pay either a $75 application fee as a domestic student or an $85 application fee as an international student. The application process is designed to be simple and straightforward, and you will not need to submit an essay, letters of recommendation, or test scores to complete the application. Meeting the requirements above will guarantee you admission, but individual applications will be reviewed separately.
TSI for New Students
The Texas Success Initiative (TSI) is a state law that requires all Texas public institutions to determine college readiness in reading, writing and mathematics for all degree-seeking undergraduates, including incoming freshman and transfer students, for both on-campus and online courses. TSI status does not affect your admission to the University of North Texas. Learn more about TSI at UNT. Prepare for the TSI assessment with UNT's College Math Prep non-credit open course.
Here is some important information for international students:
- The English requirements for international applicants are one of the following: A DuoLingo score of at least 100/160, a TOEFL score of 79 or above, an IELTS score of 6.0 or above, or an APTE score of 53 or above.
- International students who attend and graduate from high schools overseas are not required to submit SAT/ACT test scores for admission.
- UNT Admissions does not accept Developmental or English Language classes as credit.
- International Official Transcripts must be sent to UNT in Native Language and English. The English translation must be certified.
- The University of North Texas will need a full marksheet with credentials/transcripts, not a consolidated version sent to the UNT Admissions Office.
- Currently, the UNT Admissions Office does not use an electronic transcript service to receive International Official Transcripts. International Official Transcripts MUST be mailed to UNT Admissions for an admissions decision:
Mailing Address: University of North Texas Office of Undergraduate Admissions 1155 Union Circle #311277 Denton, TX 76203-5017
Physical Address for Courier Services (FedEx, UPS, etc.): University of North Texas Office of Undergraduate Admissions Eagle Student Services Center Room 305 1147 Union Circle Denton, TX 76203
- The only third party evaluator UNT accepts is World Education services (WES).
- International students can be admitted with an unofficial International Transcript emailed to the UNT Admissions Office. However, you must send your official transcripts to UNT to formally register for courses.
- The International transfer student application on ApplyTexas.org, on the hosted Coursera app, and the Common App is $85. Students are responsible for this payment.
- UNT Admissions will only accept international vocational/technical credit from a university level technical program.
B.S.G.B.. students can talk to an enrollment counselor during the application process, so please reach out to UNT-BSGB@coursera.org with any questions.
Coursera does not grant credit, and does not represent that any institution other than the degree granting institution will recognize the credit or credential awarded by the institution; the decision to grant, accept, or transfer credit is subject to the sole and absolute discretion of an educational institution.
We encourage you to investigate whether this degree meets your academic and/or professional needs before applying.