Back to Basic Data Processing and Visualization

Learner Reviews & Feedback for Basic Data Processing and Visualization by University of California San Diego

4.2

This is the first course in the four-course specialization Python Data Products for Predictive Analytics, introducing the basics of reading and manipulating datasets in Python. In this course, you will learn what a data product is and go through several Python libraries to perform data retrieval, processing, and visualization. This course will introduce you to the field of data science and prepare you for the next three courses in the Specialization: Design Thinking and Predictive Analytics for Data Products, Meaningful Predictive Modeling, and Deploying Machine Learning Models. At each step in the specialization, you will gain hands-on experience in data manipulation and building your skills, eventually culminating in a capstone project encompassing all the concepts taught in the specialization....

MK
Sep 16, 2020

This course is more rewarding than I thought. The instructors give step by step explanation of the process also the syllabus of the course is just perfect, Highly recommended.

SR
Nov 19, 2020

Goes into great detail on ways to actually use the code in sophisticated and useful ways. I feel like this course has started me on building a great python toolkit.

26 - 39 of 39 Reviews for Basic Data Processing and Visualization

By João F

Jul 28, 2020

Good course.

By Sebastian S

Jun 22, 2019

The positives: I liked the design of the final project, and how users were encouraged to 'get out there' and find some interesting open source data sets. The lectures were well structured with good narratives and good examples.

The negatives: I would have liked a bit more focus on actual visualization libraries like matplotlib and maybe seaborn. When covering the data types (date, string, boolean etc.), it might be worth adding an extra week or so were these things are done with the help of the standard library pandas. I feel like this is what people will end up doing anyway bc there are so little alternatives in python to do processing, so a course on data processing should ideally cover that library.

By Ioana B

Oct 11, 2019

The information learned in this course is very useful, for a beginner in data science. It is a very good introduction in working with python, extracting data-sets, defining features and plotting graphics.

What I didn't like at all is the engagement. Finishing the course was not satisfactory at all for me - even if I submitted my project on time, I didn't receive 3 reviews and I found the grading system very subjective. Knowing this, I would think twice about paying for this experience - what I learned can be found in free tutorials too, and only for the interaction with other users I don't think it is worth the price.

By Luciano G D

May 8, 2020

I have to say this is a great course. I should rate like 5 stars. But the coursera way to assess the final projects is not correct. Your final score can't be decreased if you don't have any feedback about the reason. This is not a fair scoring system.

By Jonas J T

Aug 22, 2019

Quick intro to data processing. More material on numpy and pandas would have been nice. Im still trying to figure out why the specialization mentions "Design Thinking". At least in this course...not a single design thinking concept was mentioned.

By Martin L

Sep 22, 2020

This course overall is good but it really doesn't use the latest data manipulating library (Pandas). That needs to be added as that is what almost every Data Scientist in my company uses.

By Lam C V D

Aug 23, 2020

Several important Data Science library like Pandas are not taught at all, codes are written in long winded matter when there are better coding ways to do

By Kotronis A

Nov 30, 2019

very subjective assignments

By Olivia Z

Nov 3, 2020

The notes are not very clear and no body is answering the students' questions.

By Luiz V K M

Apr 4, 2020

it's not a intermediate level course, it's a really basic one

By Davide C

Jun 18, 2019

The test scripts make no sense.

By Lucas O

May 15, 2020

No clear instruction on how to download datasets. If we can't download the dataset, how are we suppose to proceed with the class.

By Matthias K